Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Gottlieb Play Pool - 1972 Italian AAB

been a long time since finding the right game to do a full ground up resto on. the search is over and will arrive tomorrow via bill.

this the single player gottlieb pin that was made just for italy august 1972.

most people know the 2 player big shot and the 4 player version of hot shot. there was also an aab pin (pro pool) made for new york and wisconsin only as those 2 american states outlawed games that awarded replays.

this game will need a ground up resto, also everything on the top of the playfield is missing.

very fortunate securing the last set of repro plastics off lee at pinball rescue.

hoping this will inspire others to document their restores, being either em, ss or dmd.

have just attached just one photo until tomorrow - an original nos schematic for the game.

20191109_191002.thumb.jpg.4b203bf4e5664b27e405e75ef82c0aa0.jpg

kinda. same layout on the playfield but totally different add a ball rules.

this is why I really wanted it to bring it back to life.

the single player play pool made for the aab market added the balls on the backglass. so there was a light behind the 'balls to play' from 10 to 1.

the italian version doesn't work like that. it still has the balls to play but when you win a free ball (remember you can't win a free game/credit). it adds the free ball to that ball in play.

also there are no bonus system on this game. so the pool ball lights just are there for sequence. just like in the real game.

so..if you are on the 3rd ball and you win an extra ball you are still on 3rd ball with one in the bank. if you win more for that very ball then more are added.

they play so differently.

kinda. same layout on the playfield but totally different add a ball rules.

this is why I really wanted it to bring it back to life.

the single player play pool made for the aab market added the balls on the backglass. so there was a light behind the 'balls to play' from 10 to 1.

the italian version doesn't work like that. it still has the balls to play but when you win a free ball (remember you can't win a free game/credit). it adds the free ball to that ball in play.

also there are no bonus system on this game. so the pool ball lights just are there for sequence. just like in the real game.

so..if you are on the 3rd ball and you win an extra ball you are still on 3rd ball with one in the bank. if you win more for that very ball then more are added.

they play so differently.

An awesome game to restore - one of my fav layouts. I love add a balls but I dont like the numbers 1-10 on the backglass. Ship ahoy and bank shot are the same as this where if you get an extra ball you get (up to 5) flags on the backglass.

Looking forward to seeing this game come back to life!

Sent from my AGM A8 using Tapatalk

Coming along nicely. What did you use to clean the playfield?

Sent from my AGM A8 using Tapatalk

seriously, just spray and wipe. my days of novus and wax are gone. brings up those old em playfields.

if anybody has ever wondered if they could do a playfield swap. this shows how easy it is. can't be done in a day and rebuilding and cleaning everything as i go.

will be rebuilding the drop target banks next.

coil stops, yeah think these ones have earned their keep. new vs old.

20191111_205009.thumb.jpg.c6ab8b3f66f2353eeaf510160be70a32.jpg

20191111_191858.thumb.jpg.1aad1e06c6a8390587c3fd469f1ed583.jpg

Edited by illawarra_steelers

so back of old playfield stripped and ready to transport across.

play meter tells the story, she has had a long life.

have started to add the new parts to the good playfield and drop target banks pulled out for rebuild, cleaning, new springs and targets.

another pinball resource order going out tomorrow

20191111_215415.thumb.jpg.267088ffad67326ce9624369fe14b80e.jpg

20191110_210206.thumb.jpg.c31f800c95d25615d31dfaefa6f86bab.jpg

20191112_162544.thumb.jpg.6ce3703ecad7fbafc2dba3a82fe6d45a.jpg

been saving these n.o.s. #44 globes for the right game.

maybe circa 1980 but they are a hundred times better than what they are making now.

have had the dremel out the last few days. cleaning the inside of the sockets. also the wire brush on these globes.

picked up about 8 boxes of these in a stash of old em parts on gummy a few years back.

20191116_230847.thumb.jpg.ac13586c95cf28b5f06f8188405b85b3.jpg

20191116_231634.thumb.jpg.7193f1cd0aa9de4ffbec62991bae608a.jpg