IGNORED

New Guns N Roses pinball coming....announces Slash

Replay

Still got my Gunners Tee shirt from that unforgettable Concert at Calder Park in 93. Never worn as its a memory I wanna treasure forever.

I was there but could not afford a T shirt spent all my money on getting there from South Australia.

I was there too... in the car park... dropping off mates who were going :lol

• Like 3

So now that the crazy hype for this game has had 72 hrs to settle in my brain I now have to look at this from a financial angle instead of a crazed maniac pin buyer.

Do I really want to settle for the so called LE because I can't get a CE ?

CE was 20.5k and will only go up in value. But can't get one. We get maybe 10 machines in AUS with population of 25 Million people, WTF.

LE is 15.5k but will depreciate 2K in 12 months just like the other 5 JJP games have. Great theme or not, there will be shit loads of LE's in Aus middle of next year. It's not Limited by Any means.

They say 5000 but then they just bring out another LE version, WOZ Yellow anyone ?

NIB LE ? Nope don't like the art much and I'm happy to wait for something else.

Buzz is blown. Great game or not, I've been down this road before with JJP.

Once bitten, twice shy.

Welcome to the club!

Those were my thoughts exactly 2 days ago.

My two other jjp’s dropped a ton, could have gotten a stern pro for how much they dropped. Cest la vie!

I didn’t think they would have any hope of selling out of LE considering they run 5000 units. What’s the general consensus here...is this achievable?

The way I read it was “limited to 5000 units�, not necessarily make 5000 :unsure

Even if by some miracle the LE’s did sell out (and they won’t), JJP have a history of making new “editions� if necessary. They’re going to milk this license for all it’s worth, just like WOZ. And they have a licensee that is very involved, so there won’t be any reason to stop producing until demand is completely exhausted.
  • Like 1

They will sell out. more than likely already sold 1500 world wide. This things making the news Slash has some serious pull guys. Whats going up against it Led Zep or Queen reskin. Interested in Zeppelin but Ritchie doing it. Anyone know how many Metallica sold world wide as i think this might sell more.

They will sell out. more than likely already sold 1500 world wide. This things making the news Slash has some serious pull guys. Whats going up against it Led Zep or Queen reskin. Interested in Zeppelin but Ritchie doing it. Anyone know how many Metallica sold world wide as i think this might sell more.

i think that’s a fair comparison, whatever Metallica sold it might sell a bit more. Would be great to know how many units of premium and pro Metallica sold. I guess that’s a highly guarded secret.

The price might be an issue... Met was less than $10K aud when it came out?

• Like 2

Would there be a larger buyer base now though that would compensate?

Might be a larger base, but also many more games being release from all suppliers. When Met was released, Stern were lucky to make 2 games per year, there was no JJP, no CgC, no AP, no Spooky.

• Like 2

Met also sat on the line for years (wasn’t it sterns most produced game ever?) At sterns rate of production there is no chance in hell gnr would outsell it before sales drop off.

It is highly likely to be jjps best seller perhaps?

Remember it’s 5000 LEs which are equivalent of stern premiums. So 5k of them would be a tall order indeed!

• Like 2

Typically new so called special editions are generated to revitalise sales and generate new interest. You would have to surmise that may not be necessary with GNR such is the popularity and the new fans it will draw to pinball. The run of 5000 LE may well be enough to see the license out.

I mean WOZ and Wonka are probably not themes that would pull people into pinball. GNR will do a much better job of that.

• Like 1

Met also sat on the line for years (wasn’t it sterns most produced game ever?) At sterns rate of production there is no chance in hell gnr would outsell it before sales drop off.

It is highly likely to be jjps best seller perhaps?

Remember it’s 5000 LEs which are equivalent of stern premiums. So 5k of them would be a tall order indeed!

Agreed, it’ll be JJP’s best seller by a big margin. Still doubt the 5000 Le’s will sell out. And even if they do, they’ll be 5 other equivalent versions you can pick from.

Even if by some miracle the LE’s did sell out (and they won’t), JJP have a history of making new “editions� if necessary. They’re going to milk this license for all it’s worth, just like WOZ. And they have a licensee that is very involved, so there won’t be any reason to stop producing until demand is completely exhausted.

Im pretty sure once sales start to dry up another version will definitely come out.

I can see it now. It will be a wide body fat Axl LE.

• Like 5

I mean no ill in this question, but has Paul / Pinball Sales been around long?

I'm dead keen on a GnR LE pinball but he only deals with direct bank deposits.

I've been burned before paying this way, so very I'm very cautious.

Does he accept other payment methods, CC for example?