Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

New Guns N Roses pinball coming....announces Slash

On 11/09/2021 at 12:21 PM, DKong said:

Does the above have a full guide @Ando77

No, sorry mate. All I can recommend is have some good preparation.  Make sure that you have correct tools on hand. Be in a clear state of mind and have lots of patience.  So far im about 7 hrs in and going the extra mile to protect everything as best I can. The VIP area looks like it will be caned so im adding PETG washers for plastics there. Also a good idea to PETG your sling plastics. Thanks heaps to the bulletproofing pioneers Cooked and Doug. Its really cool to have a great local community. 

20210912_135651.jpg

20210912_131839.jpg

20210912_131833.jpg

20210912_141947.jpg

20210912_131905.jpg

Edited by Ando77
typo
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Rubbers on mine are tagged PL,  Pinball life ?  They looked pretty good like they would have no hassles, but while doing the bulletproof teardown  I chose to change them out with Perfect Play clears. Used Perfect Play blues for the 4 flippers.   I don't think black would be a very good choice. 

Edit, JJP may have woken up and started using decent rubbers now ?  The PL ones did appear to be good. Also worth while to get a set of 6 x Ninja carbon balls as the JJP ones are reported to be rubbish. Idk, mine are still in bag. Ninjas are in and ready to rock.

Edited by Ando77
add info

34 minutes ago, Ando77 said:

Rubbers on mine are tagged PL,  Pinball life ?  They looked pretty good like they would have no hassles, but while doing the bulletproof teardown  I chose to change them out with Perfect Play clears. Used Perfect Play blues for the 4 flippers.   I don't think black would be a very good choice. 

Edit, JJP may have woken up and started using decent rubbers now ?  The PL ones did appear to be good. Also worth while to get a set of 6 x Ninja carbon balls as the JJP ones are reported to be rubbish. Idk, mine are still in bag. Ninjas are in and ready to rock.

Thanks for the info. From what I have been reading its the PL ones that have given the most issues.

The original games came with plain rubber. Then they used some generic hybrid which was breaking.

The very latest games are being delivered with better silicone rubber.

This is from what I have gleaned from about 20 owners and also Perfect Play kits I have provided to them all. I do not have all the facts but only from my experience.

Edited by KJS
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, KJS said:

The original games came with plain rubber. Then they used some generic hybrid which was breaking.

The very latest games are being delivered with better silicone rubber.

This is from what I have gleaned from about 20 owners and also Perfect Play kits I have provided to them all. I do not have all the facts but only from my experience.

Thanks for the info. I might just see how mine end up then.

17 hours ago, Ferro said:

Got my GnRLE and the machine is amazing!! No issues right out of the box - a first for a NIB!!

JJP did great! Speakers could be better - JBLs like stern maybe??

I had a random unexpected delivery last night. I wasnt expecting the machine for months so id just totally forgotten about it.

I was under the impression that my machine was yet to be built.

Unboxed.  All posts had all the additional washers etc.
Only had a couple of quick games, still needs slight tweaks to leveling but that seems about it.

• Like 11

16 hours ago, Macca101010 said:

Received my Gunners yesterday and all I can say it's amazing.  I actually feel it's a pin that gets better and better as you understand it. Live and Let Die is the best music pin song I've ever experienced. After @Tastysirloin telling me it's amazing for almost a year, I agree with him 👍 

Definitely need to get a good feel for the rules on this otherwise it can just feel like one big multiball. But once you do the game just opens up to greatness! 😍

• Like 5

Wish JJP would simplify the audio settings, simple bass/treble adjustment & backbox /cabinet fade would be good.  To much coming out of the speakers coming in the top of the backbox.

I upgraded the sub which sounds a bit better especially when away from the machine but standing in front playing a game the backbox noise still overrides it.

Not a fan of external subs but going to get one for this.

• Like 3