Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

New Guns N Roses pinball coming....announces Slash

23 hours ago, allsportdvd.com said:

Just got the email saying the machines are in Melbourne clearing customs by mid week WHOO HOO

Woo Hoo!

Hopefully Bill has had a vaccine shot. New laws from Friday say to enter QLD you need to have had at least one vax shot.

On 8/14/2021 at 8:22 PM, Ando77 said:

Testing out the new os, thanks Trav.  Attached seems ok so far 🙂

time to bullet proof the gnr

20210814_193929.jpg

Lol, foot in pic haha

20210814_194524.jpg

20210814_203032.jpg

Thanks for the Pics. Kruzman has said that sometimes the clear sticks to the original metal washers and you need to be careful taking the posts out on a new machine. Did you have any issues?

• Like 1

I have only done the 2 posts in photo as I had to go away for work again  😞 they came out very easily.  Clear appears to be hard and set and rock solid on this one. Im doing the difficult posts and scoop next week when I get back,  will post up some pictures with feedback then.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Ando77 said:

I have only done the 2 posts in photo as I had to go away for work again  😞 they came out very easily.  Clear appears to be hard and set and rock solid on this one. Im doing the difficult posts and scoop next week when I get back,  will post up some pictures with feedback then.

Thanks very much. looking forward to some more updates.

On 8/15/2021 at 9:35 AM, ribbo835 said:

So you have to add washers to playfield post on a brand new $15K+ machine…that’s CRAZY 

Agree mate. The hobby is crazy when a manufacturer can wash its hands of defects AND then have the hide to offer you a replacement playfield at YOUR cost. 

• Like 2

Adding described washers makes no difference to gameplay even though they do absorb some ball impact. I'd also suggest mylar around the high traffic posts also. axl, both inlanes, upper pf mini post... before a ball is plunged! I used 1 inch square mylars with hole set for post then washers.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JohnBryce0712 said:

Adding described washers makes no difference to gameplay even though they do absorb some ball impact. I'd also suggest mylar around the high traffic posts also. axl, both inlanes, upper pf mini post... before a ball is plunged! I used 1 inch square mylars with hole set for post then washers.

Rather than mylar try  screen protectors  that you use on you tablet   ,, works 100%   and just lifts off if you want to refresh it down the track   ,  I've had a peice on my FISH  WEAR SPOT   on a Road Show    no one has noticed it    same peice 4 yrs    and ball hasnt touched that area a that time   ,,  and a tablet size peice is about  2$  

• Like 6

Hello fellow GNR owners I reckon this is a must have mod for the game as I am sure some of you fellow owners are having the same hangup in the pop bumper area. Maybe someone in the group with a 3D printer could print up a few of these mods for us fellow owners. Obviously am happy to pay for the mod.

On a side note I was able to make a left outlane ball deflector flap out of a piece of plastic from an apple juice container and it works great and as intended. lol.

3 hours ago, Budgie said:

Hello fellow GNR owners I reckon this is a must have mod for the game as I am sure some of you fellow owners are having the same hangup in the pop bumper area. Maybe someone in the group with a 3D printer could print up a few of these mods for us fellow owners. Obviously am happy to pay for the mod.

On a side note I was able to make a left outlane ball deflector flap out of a piece of plastic from an apple juice container and it works great and as intended. lol.

I just printed one in ABS... took 12 minutes.

I can print a dozen or so and just pop them in an express post bag to you you.  You could then just pass them around to whoever needs them. (anyone from Perth can get one off me directly)

Edited by Reefwalker
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Reefwalker said:

I just printed one in ABS... took 12 minutes.

I can print a dozen or so and just pop them in an express post bag to you you.  You could then just pass them around to whoever needs them. (anyone from Perth can get one off me directly)

That's awesome mate Thank you very much will PM you now.

50 minutes ago, AskJacob said:

12 mins is pretty good! what sort of setup are you using for that?

I built a Voron 😄 (coreXY).  It prints at a steady 120mm /sec and very fast accelerations

300mm x 300mm

It's fully enclosed, so can print with all types of filaments

Edited by Reefwalker
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Reefwalker said:

I built a Voron 😄 (coreXY).  It prints at a steady 120mm /sec and very fast accelerations

Nice. If I were to get another FDM I'd go that route for sure. I already have 3 printers though 😄

• Like 1