Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

New Guns N Roses pinball coming....announces Slash

My playfield is perfect. I just bought the PETG washers to use just to be sure however.

There seems to be many people with playfield issues but maybe there's lots of people with playfields that are perfect and have no reason to speak up about it. It's difficult to say just how wide-spread this problem is. Maybe I just got really lucky - so far anyway!

Just an update to this.... I just removed I few of the posts that most people seem to have problems with. Once I removed the post and washer, there is a definite indent into the clear and a ridge around the circumference of the washer. I don't have a particularly high number of games on mine so maybe that's why mine is still relatively okay. It is clear to me however that if I continued to play the game without any preventative measures, I would definitely have a problem. I have seen many people posting photos of the washers under the posts that are totally distorted from being over tightened at the factory and these have dug very deep into the playfield. Fortunately mine were not like that.

This is all just my opinion but it seems to me that all playfields will have problems in time due to the inherent flaws of the playfield. These problems will develop with use and anywhere the posts were over-tightened will happen quicker. I would recommend anyone getting a game to take preventative measures before any damage appears because in my mind it is just a matter of time before it happens - not if.

I am using the PETG washers at this stage which many seem to be having success with. One of the techniques people were using was to "iron out" the pooling with a teflon iron or similar to get the clear coat flat. I don't have an iron so I just used a hair dryer on the area to soften it a bit and then tightened up the post on the PETG washer. Removing the washer to check, the playfield was perfect and flat again. I am hopeful that this will solve all problems.

If you're waiting for a game; just take some preventative measures and all should be fine (I'm hoping but confident). Don't let the worry over this ruin the delivery of such an awesome game!

* Below is the worst affected post for me. You can see the ridge where the washer was. It is now flat and looks perfect after a little heat and tightening the washer down on it.

IMG_4771.thumb.JPG.24abc1e4c9447e2049126286befe3193.JPG IMG_4774.thumb.JPG.0be5749bc9549fc50a4f8e64eefc4b86.JPG

• Like 7

The fact that a hair dryer softens the clear coat to flatten out a manufacturing fault is even more of a concern. Obviously not automotive clears being used. Sounds like all the curing time in the world won’t fix this issue.
  • Like 6

It does make a lot of sense. Whilst JJP should correct this issue. Perhaps existing owners would be better off installing a post like this? It might even work better with a machined sleeve so that the post fits into the sleeve, which in turns fits the hole size in the playfield.

MiniPost.jpg.9f7732407e921e4457dea4098999f75a.jpg

Edited by Pinballer

I was hired to design a topper for GnR by Pinball Bazaar in the UK. Teasers started coming out today and it won't be like the IJ Delux pricing.

Do you know when this will be released? Is it interactive?

You could try a thin rubber sleeve that would add a bit of cushioning and a snug fit in tbe hole. I just moved an outlane post in a stern and you need a jack hammer to get it out of the hole. Very tight fit.

Stern actually need to be screwed in. Once the nut is undone , it should be screwed out. Especially Outland posts.

Ive made a long socket to fit the mini posts to make it easier.

There should be no movement at all even without a nut.

This is how I add these posts to old games on playfield swaps that have high impact.

• Like 3

Stern actually need to be screwed in. Once the nut is undone , it should be screwed out. Especially Outland posts.

Ive made a long socket to fit the mini posts to make it easier.

There should be no movement at all even without a nut.

This is how I add these posts to old games on playfield swaps that have high impact.

yeah well sometimes changing an outpost entails removing half the pf to enable a socket. Try a socket on a spidey or twd that come to mind