Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

New Guns N Roses pinball coming....announces Slash

I agree re long ball games and multiball heavy but that’s were we can change the settings and outline posts - the harder the better is how I like to play so I can customise it!

I believe the LEs will sell out

Would it be wrong to say that COVID is increasing sales due to people staying at home more?

• Like 1

Would it be wrong to say that COVID is increasing sales due to people staying at home more?

Yep...

Also the fact that drinkers and gamblers will have more money then they usually would have to play with..

$13 dollar drinks out or $2 drinks at home....

Hey I saved $250 a week not going out 2 nights...

That's $6,500 for 6 months of Covid...

OR

A NIB every year....

OR

Give up 1.5 packets of Ciggies a day for a year and you own the new GnR CE with change:laugh:

• Like 3

If they do it will be interesting to see how long it takes and presume JJP will be giving punters advance notice when they are getting close.

I doubt they’ll let people know if they come close to selling out but I assume there will be another Le version of this one get some out if history has anything to say

GnR should hold out well over what Stern will come out with.

Queen, like Beatles will be over priced re skin and only go to die hard collectors.

Why not just release Seawitch or Quicksilver as a cheaper than pro re release with lcd.

or

Bring fwd Led Zeppelin from Ritchie to secure all the Ritchie fan boys , ugh.

or

Release the Metallica vaults already to grab some of the frothing over it lately.

Personally, I’m ready for a GnR LE down the track.

I don’t watch streams or gameplay because I’ll find out for myself when I play one.

I’m happy with 2nd hand or one of the many NIB that will be hoarded.

Yep...

Also the fact that drinkers and gamblers will have more money then they usually would have to play with..

$13 dollar drinks out or $2 drinks at home....

Hey I saved $250 a week not going out 2 nights...

That's $6,500 for 6 months of Covid...

OR

A NIB every year....

OR

Give up 1.5 packets of Ciggies a day for a year and you own the new GnR CE with change:laugh:

Started doing that over 20 years ago. Nek minute, had 35 pins looking for space around the house.

And $250 over 2 nights meant a lot more then than now.

• Like 7

It’s hard to say because the true economic fallout is still yet to be seen, access to super has encouraged sales but once jobkeeper stops, only then will we getter better idea of peoples spending habits. It seems like a two speed economy at the moment.

• Like 1

I believe the LEs will sell out

Don't fall for the JJP LE sales and marketing technique Dan.

JJP CE is as exclusive as the Stern LE. 500. ish.

JJP LE is on par with Stern Premium, they just make more to demand. Not Limited.

JJP mindset is 5000 Red ones then well make 2000 blue ones if needed and then ohhhh let's do 500 black and gold ones to finish off with.

• Like 3

Don't fall for the JJP LE sales and marketing technique Dan.

JJP CE is as exclusive as the Stern LE. 500. ish.

JJP LE is on par with Stern Premium, they just make more to demand. Not Limited.

JJP mindset is 5000 Red ones then well make 2000 blue ones if needed and then ohhhh let's do 500 black and gold ones to finish off with.

And this behaviour really pops me off

• Like 1

I doubt they’ll let people know if they come close to selling out but I assume there will be another Le version of this one get some out if history has anything to say

For sure, thats exaclty what's happened in the past. They will milk the crap of this IP for yrs to come. There will be at least 1 or 2 rebadges down the track... with added shit. They do it all the time to spike sales after it plateaus.... smart too.

For sure, thats exaclty what's happened in the past. They will milk the crap of this IP for yrs to come. There will be at least 1 or 2 rebadges down the track... with added shit. They do it all the time to spike sales after it plateaus.... smart too.

Absolutely sure that’s what they'll do!

Its a dickish move to the customer though and everyone knows it.

The fact that we're discussing it now shows that customer don't like it.

"You know that limited thing we said ... we'll we're using a logic loophole to get around the specific's of 'that particular model' being limited by making it every so slightly different ... so that doesnt count as us going against what we said".

Very "bait and switch", which leaves existing customers with a bad taste in their mouth and makes them thing twice before buying NIB.

Edited by Koops
  • Like 1

Absolutely sure that’s what they'll do!

Its a dickish move to the customer though and everyone knows it.

The fact that we're discussing it now shows that customer don't like it.

"You know that limited thing we said ... we'll we're using a logic loophole to get around the specific's of 'that particular model' being limited by making it every so slightly different ... so that doesnt count as us going against what we said".

Very "bait and switch", which leaves existing customers with a bad taste in their mouth and makes them thing twice before buying NIB.

Why do you think the initial buyers will be pissed. Holden/ford did it all the timw with mark 2/3. I know there not limited but those who buy now buy because they can't wait down the track. I've bought LE's and now I'm a premium guy. Le's have too many bugs. Premium is the 'beta tested ' game where the home user does all the testing.

stern has down similar with end of run games, I've got two with extras/mods.

I do not think le owners will be pissed as they've had to game for probably 2 years or so before the gnr encore edition or back stage pass edition is sold.

there will be some upset but that'll be the minority.

• Like 2

Why do you think the initial buyers will be pissed. Holden/ford did it all the timw with mark 2/3. I know there not limited but those who buy now buy because they can't wait down the track. I've bought LE's and now I'm a premium guy. Le's have too many bugs. Premium is the 'beta tested ' game where the home user does all the testing.

stern has down similar with end of run games, I've got two with extras/mods.

I do not think le owners will be pissed as they've had to game for probably 2 years or so before the gnr encore edition or back stage pass edition is sold.

there will be some upset but that'll be the minority.

How could they be not? Some people do buy specific versions for their limited nature.

Unless that buyer 1. doesn't care about possible resale value. 2. Care about how many more of that edition there are.

how about this hypothetical question.

"What do you think the reaction would be by people with gnr ce's if, after the initial batch of ce's are made and delivered, that jjp announced that due to overwhelming populate demand CE's will be made on an unlimited, made to order, basis?"

I had hoped JJP would provide a full featured game with Appetite 4 Destruction artwork. That's all.

I could give 2 shits what they call it CE, LE, or how many there are.

500. 5000. 20000. Who gives a toss?

You Beauty they did, but as an Aus consumer I just can't buy what I'm after. :realmad:

• Like 1

How could they be not? Some people do buy specific versions for their limited nature.

Unless that buyer 1. doesn't care about possible resale value. 2. Care about how many more of that edition there are.

how about this hypothetical question.

"What do you think the reaction would be by people with gnr ce's if, after the initial batch of ce's are made and delivered, that jjp announced that due to overwhelming populate demand CE's will be made on an unlimited, made to order, basis?"

OK why would they not be upset because the CE is the limited edition. The le is not limited. It's jjp's way of making a stern premium model sound little more special. Why the hell only have 3 models like stern. I don't believe you would consider in pinball terms, a run of 5000 units as being limited in the same way people view a 500 unit run. Hell there's plenty of b/w titles out there with smaller runs and not by choice either. I don't think b/w would have ever consider a 5000 run as limited but more a hit in the latter years.

jjp is playing a silly marketing ploy. Yes the le is limited and by their terms, they could have decided on a figure of 20,000 and it's still limited. Obviously marketing has done some research and figure they can get away with a figure of 5k and the consumer will wear it. It'd be interesting whether any le buyers out there would have bought this model even if jjp called it the premium model with no limits. I'm guessing hell yeah.

so I think le buyers, in this case, are buying because they can't get a ce or want the bells and whistle model and hearing number 5001 being shipped won't have much if any effect on resale price.

but it could I suppose. I've never been a collector whose main consideration when buying a game is it's resale value even when buying a stern le.

I pity the guy who tries to justify his price to me by saying there's only 5000 of these babies out there.

so I think le buyers, in this case, are buying because they can't get a ce or want the bells and whistle model and hearing number 5001 being shipped won't have much if any effect on resale price.

but it could I suppose. I've never been a collector whose main consideration when buying a game is it's resale value even when buying a stern le.

I pity the guy who tries to justify his price to me by saying there's only 5000 of these babies out there.

Definitely true for me with pirates LE. I wanted the game and even if I could have gotten a CE I don’t think I would have wanted to spend the extra $$. Wouldn’t bother me in the slightest if they made 10000 more. I think LE is just the wrong label when it comes to JJP.

The stern LEs I have are different in my mind because I justified the initial outlay (partly) because the rarity might help it hold value but also because they have actual features (glass, sound system) that I want.

• Like 1

How about a customised pin where you get to choose what options you want like ordering a car?

Id get

LE art

topper And no under cab or backbox lights.

glitter playfield

lock bar button thingy but no shooter skull.

coma lock.

Kind of how spooky did Rick and Morty. Pick what features/trim etc you want

Definitely true for me with pirates LE. I wanted the game and even if I could have gotten a CE I don’t think I would have wanted to spend the extra $$. Wouldn’t bother me in the slightest if they made 10000 more. I think LE is just the wrong label when it comes to JJP.

The stern LEs I have are different in my mind because I justified the initial outlay (partly) because the rarity might help it hold value but also because they have actual features (glass, sound system) that I want.

I think that’s it really it’s the wording and then bring out other Le editions. Stern copped some flack for doing munsters colour premium after they said the premium will be b/w.

it’s the bringing out other Le editions that bugs me. Like come on woz has 5 yes 5 “limited editions� emerald city, 75th anniversary, yellow brick road, Aus Le and rescue editions!! The rescue being the most limited edition but come on. It’s a bit of a joke. They really should’ve gone with some other form of wording or be upfront with everyone and said hey we might do 40,000 different Le versions it just makes a farce of the terminology.

• Like 1

I think that’s it really it’s the wording and then bring out other Le editions. Stern copped some flack for doing munsters colour premium after they said the premium will be b/w.

it’s the bringing out other Le editions that bugs me. Like come on woz has 5 yes 5 “limited editions� emerald city, 75th anniversary, yellow brick road, Aus Le and rescue editions!! The rescue being the most limited edition but come on. It’s a bit of a joke. They really should’ve gone with some other form of wording or be upfront with everyone and said hey we might do 40,000 different Le versions it just makes a farce of the terminology.

Yeah fair point - I have a mate feels burnt on his hobbit for that reason. I think I’m translating in my head and just think of the JJP LE as a premium (which I guess is what you’re saying)

2AB9079E-1845-42B3-BD8C-2701C1D4E9FE.thumb.jpeg.454897dbbd6b121dfd85f0b9f1a54fe8.jpeg

It wont loose as much value as my Munsters LE did that Crashed and burned.

My mate recently sold his Munsters LE for 16k.

I honestly couldn’t believe it.

But he did.

Anyhoo here’s some great feedback on GnR

2AB9079E-1845-42B3-BD8C-2701C1D4E9FE.thumb.jpeg.87999bf913b12f15dc5ddb0c207549ec.jpeg

Edited by radirgyman
  • Like 1

jjp is playing a silly marketing ploy.

yeah i know :) There will always be different types of customers that are after different things.

jjp : "hey can i copy your homework?"

stern : "ummm ... just make sure you change it up a bit"

"I give you ... JJP CE,LE* and standard!" (*limited is not actually limited, well not a limit we'll hit anyway! :D )

• Like 2