Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

New Guns N Roses pinball coming....announces Slash

One of the things that concerns me about it’s this game is the LONG ball save timers as factory in the multi balls. I saw two or three where the ball save was about 42 seconds! Also mention in the stream if you perform well during the songs and keep it going you get better rewarded. There’s about 20 songs in this game isn’t there? And they’re all pretty bloody long songs too. We’re talking about a 2 hour plus game if you perform well to see the end? I mean value for money for the average punter but you don’t want a game on site averaging 10 minute game times! Hell I don’t like playing a long game on my home machines hence the brutal games in the collection. Just saying that’s all. Still looking by forward to playing one. Just looking for others thoughts on the above
  • Like 6

One of the things that concerns me about it’s this game is the LONG ball save timers as factory in the multi balls. I saw two or three where the ball save was about 42 seconds! Also mention in the stream if you perform well during the songs and keep it going you get better rewarded. There’s about 20 songs in this game isn’t there? And they’re all pretty bloody long songs too. We’re talking about a 2 hour plus game if you perform well to see the end? I mean value for money for the average punter but you don’t want a game on site averaging 10 minute game times! Hell I don’t like playing a long game on my home machines hence the brutal games in the collection. Just saying that’s all. Still looking by forward to playing one. Just looking for others thoughts on the above

Totally agree. Pinball is meant to be fun not a job. I had problems getting staff to work 2 hours without toilet break or smoke or fb or phone call. WTF

I like some games to be long players. Especially the ones that take you on a good journey like this might or hobbit. I couldn’t have a collection full of these types of games though but nice to have one you can just get on and immerse yourself in the game play.

• Like 1

Regarding the LE units, do they issue them in sequential numbering or is it simply random? Even though like most I missed out on the CE...still might pull the trigger on an LE. But then I have my name down for Queen whenever it might arrive...

Numbers are usually randomly given to the distributors, however if you express your interest in a particular number early on, theres a chance your distributor can request it. As long as that number hasn't already been claimed.

Get an LE mate. You wont regret it from what i have been reading and seeing. Worse case you sell it and buy Queen...(if it comes out)

Plus Pauls a top bloke to deal with. �

• Like 3

I like some games to be long players. Especially the ones that take you on a good journey like this might or hobbit. I couldn’t have a collection full of these types of games though but nice to have one you can just get on and immerse yourself in the game play.

The immersion in the hobbit is second to none. I think I made it to the third wizard mode (battle of five armies?) two or three times and that was enough for me. It just took too long to get there. Yeah it’s the hobbit and yeah it’s a journey but damn more often than not it was a looong game. Mind you at that time I had one game where I was living and didn’t play many other games.

imagine playing all those songs to get to the end of the game

The immersion in the hobbit is second to none. I think I made it to the third wizard mode (battle of five armies?) two or three times and that was enough for me. It just took too long to get there. Yeah it’s the hobbit and yeah it’s a journey but damn more often than not it was a looong game. Mind you at that time I had one game where I was living and didn’t play many other games.

imagine playing all those songs to get to the end of the game

Imagine killing 116 walkers to get to Last Man Standing

• Like 3

That seems REALLY SOON after avengers! I wonder if sales are bad enough to warrant doing that.

Their last Studio release was Elvira and that was over 12 months ago so maybe that’s the avenue? Would be it’s best chance against GNR I would have thought.

Their last Studio release was Elvira and that was over 12 months ago so maybe that’s the avenue? Would be it’s best chance against GNR I would have thought.

Ahh yeah. Forgot about those contract type ones.

They try and say “it’s not sterns� but it has sterns name on it and most people wouldn’t distinguish the difference.

• Like 1

It would be a silly move to try steal back some GnR $. Yeah some will jump ship to Queen. Some will have to choose for financial reasons (2 expensive pins is a big stretch for most) and some will buy both.

Wouldn’t you want to be hitting up 90% of the buyers instead of maybe 50%?

It would be a silly move to try steal back some GnR $. Yeah some will jump ship to Queen. Some will have to choose for financial reasons (2 expensive pins is a big stretch for most) and some will buy both.

Wouldn’t you want to be hitting up 90% of the buyers instead of maybe 50%?

I’m in that position, avengers LE coming November and then GNR most likely January. Going to be tough to do both, might have to sell Avengers after only a month or two of playing.

I think it would be naive to think that Stern were not aware of what JJP were going to be putting out with GNR and would have planned accordingly. If it is Queen, the timing works as they probably acquired the license when Bohemian Rhapsody came out a couple of years back and had it in development since then. Queen has an enormous fan base and has been back in vogue since the movie so would have picked up a whole new generation of fans.

it just makes total sense....or of course I could be well and truly off the mark. 😀

I think it would be naive to think that Stern were not aware of what JJP were going to be putting out with GNR and would have planned accordingly. If it is Queen, the timing works as they probably acquired the license when Bohemian Rhapsody came out a couple of years back and had it in development since then. Queen has an enormous fan base and has been back in vogue since the movie so would have picked up a whole new generation of fans.

it just makes total sense....or of course I could be well and truly off the mark. 😀

Having a huge fan base doesn’t necessarily mean pinball sales. Look at Beatles. I don’t think it sold anywhere near the amount people thought it would.

I think the gameplay and features sell the games once the initial awe calms down a bit. The GNR hype train is full steam ahead at the moment and will take a little while to slow down I think.

Once people start getting them and start picking every little problem, the sales will probably slow down a bit and the impulse buyers will start backing out. That’s when you release the next title.

• Like 2

Having a huge fan base doesn’t necessarily mean pinball sales. Look at Beatles. I don’t think it sold anywhere near the amount people thought it would.

Exactly this!

Also check out the gnr forums (screenshots in the pinside gnr thread). It’s hilarious!

I agree re long ball games and multiball heavy but that’s were we can change the settings and outline posts - the harder the better is how I like to play so I can customise it!

I believe the LEs will sell out

• Like 2