Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Sold: Big Buck Hunter Safari

Hi old friends, long time no post I know.

I'm not very active in the retro/arcade scene anymore, but I've kept my favourites for the occasional get together.

Unfortunately my big Buck Hunter Safari has started having some trouble and I just don't have the time or will to tinker anymore so I've decided to move it on to someone still on the scene and will give it a more active life.

Background:

Big Buck Hunter Safari (Game/PC/security chip is Safari, cabinet has "Buck Hunter Pro" decals and the marquee header says "Buck Hunter World"

New gun internals, and completely new gun enclosure (green side)

Chassis reconditioned by Jomac late 2018 (I sent it away for repair due to occasional black-screen or rolling image).

Recent issues:

1) Last weekend after turning it on, the picture was quite dark. Upon increasing the screen gain, the image looked better. However, NEITHER of the guns would register at all (the screen flashes when the trigger is pulled but it doesn't register a shot). I tried other VGA cables and reseating everything, but no good. Something is fishing with the built-in monitor/chassis menu too, as when I click the menu button the menu comes up but all the text is garbled. I do not have a deguass wand anymore so I haven't tried that (colour purity may throw off the guns)

2) In the process of diagnosing the above the machine has had several on/off restarts (I never shut it down mid-way through loading though). Now it's giving me an error that some game files may be corrupt.

So, worst case scenario (my guess) is the display/chassis may need another repair, best case some degauss and adjustments. I do not believe there is any issues with the guns. The HDD may need worst-case replacing, or re-imaging, or best case the inbuilt diagnostics.

I'm asking for $900 ono.

3.jpg.e4a1f26d2f70afdceaac43eafc2987dd.jpg4.jpg.5f00d8bea0b4cb2b1ed9472af56dc16f.jpg5.jpg.771d7e687ef6b0da61d7adf37caaaf5b.jpg1.thumb.jpg.d30ba402f58b6cd8c47214d35561829a.jpg2.thumb.jpg.8db64c32c9a7e0f2da044deee5d556a0.jpg

Edited by dmworking247
Sold

Thanks Red, I am 'hunting' around for a recovery CD, and in the mean time I've removed the tube/chassis for some more thorough diagnostics. If there's no interest in the short term I'll ship the chassis off to Joey (Jomac) again for a better look.

Whether it's fixed by me or the next owner, this machine is too good to sit around in disrepair.

Good news is that I've taken the HDD out and performed a thorough scan on it, there's no damage/bad sectors on it. Bad news is there's still something messed up in the file system, and (unsurprisingly) a clone to a brand new HDD has the same symptom. The menu says to do a 'file test' but I can't get into the game to do so.

Hoping to track down a recovery CD (or someone to clone a Safari HDD for me) and then deal with the display.

• 2 years later...