Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MARK DOWN PINBALL Group Matchplay July

A1 Pizza is holding a Group matchplay ifpa event on July 9th

$10 entry Introductory pricing as is my First Matchplay!!!!

An extra $10 per player will be entered into the prize pool at my cost. Subsequent Tournaments will be $20

Group Matchplay.

Tournament Name: Markdown Group Matchplay July 2019

Tournament Director: Andrew Mathews

Tournament Director's email: a-mathews AT hotmail DOT com

Tournament location: A1 Pizza 68 Florence St. Port Pirie, 5540.

Private location (Y/N): N

Tournament Date/s: Tuesday 9th of July 2019

Tournament times: 6pm

Tournament fee: $10 incudes Pizza

Tournament Website Link:https://matchplay.events/live/drbzv

Tournament format details: Group Matchplay.

a) Seeding: IFPA.

b) First round pairing: Random – Players will be randomly paired against each other in the first round.

c) General pairing: Swiss - Players will be paired against players with the same win-loss record.

d) Player order: Rotating - Random order for the first game, then rotates player order evenly.

e) Scoring system: IFPA (7/5/3/1) (7/4/1).

f) Arena draws: Balanced - Attempts will be made to assign an arena that has been played the fewest times by all opponents.

g) Duration: Five rounds.

h) Matches each round: Two matches.

i) Tiebreaker: Ties will be broken by the number of first place finishes, then by the number of second place finishes and finally, if necessary, a single game play-off. Ties will only be broken for first, second and third places.

Estimated # of players: 30

Meaningful # of games played: 20 - TGP 80%

Unlimited Qualifying (Y/N): n/a

If yes, how many hours?: n/a

53402698_2387902394577788_2645941678174633984_o.thumb.jpg.49aff393babc727c9d38cf8a7f48134f.jpg

Edited by andrew mathews

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
So what is the honest opinion of Thunderbirds....

Yes I have played one and have my own opinion...

And curious how long you have had it.....Only because I know someone who paid up early days and as of a few weeks back I am pretty sure he is still waiting on it?

Maybe ask via pm - https://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/98271-Homepin-discussion-is-banned-on-AA?highlight=homepin

And curious how long you have had it.....Only because I know someone who paid up early days and as of a few weeks back I am pretty sure he is still waiting on it?

Keep any discussion regarding Thunderbirds to PM please.

Any discussion on AA will be deleted.

• Administrators
Yeah, it's pretty disapointing that pinball can not be discussed on a pinball Forum. ... just cos of a small goup of people... at least one of whom is banned from the site anyway. Spose it is what it is, even if it is extreme and not right. Plenty of worse things not right in the world so I guess cencorship of pinball is relatively minor issue compared to stuff like Wars.

Having said that, the game we are banned from mentioning was not a part of the tourney, basically because the concensus was that everyone wanted to play it again like as much they wanted another hole in their head. Sad but true.

That's because EVERY time Thunderbirds has been discussed the thread turns into a rhetorical mess with page after page of the same people saying the same thing.

Secondly the last time I get legal threats leveled againt's me because Mike has his lap dog cutting and pasting everything that gets said about the machine fed back to him. It easier to go after the site than individuals and I don't need the hassle or stress.

Discussion about the machine seems to have died anyway from what I'm told and opinions seems pretty universal on the game.

Lastly and no disrepect intended. If you can 100% guarantee a Thunderbirds thread wont go the same way as every other one and you pay all AA's legal costs if it ever goes there then by all means discuss away.

That's because EVERY time Thunderbirds has been discussed the thread turns into a rhetorical mess with page after page of the same people saying the same thing.

Secondly the last time I get legal threats leveled againt's me because Mike has his lap dog cutting and pasting everything that gets said about the machine fed back to him. It easier to go after the site than individuals and I don't need the hassle or stress.

Discussion about the machine seems to have died anyway from what I'm told and opinions seems pretty universal on the game.

Lastly and no disrepect intended. If you can 100% guarantee a Thunderbirds wont go the same way as every other one and you pay all AA's legal costs if it ever goes there then by all means discuss away.

Hey I do get it mate, just sux a bit that's all .... since they actually exist as pinball machines.

• Administrators
Hey I do get it mate, just sux a bit that's all .... since they actually exist as pinball machines.

and apologies I accidentally deleted your post, it came up as a double post on my screen.

It does suck mate I agree 500%, I'm just so over the BS!

Even the private TAG owners section I set up hardly gets used now. It just seems people are over it.

EDIT: I really don't care if somebody just wants to give their opinion of the machine just as long as there's no personal attacks that's going to give me headaches.

Yeah it made an update to the other post for the tournament pics etc. ... I'll re post it all later when it's easier at a computer....

- - - Updated - - -

Just to point out, the Nameless Pinball Machine was excluded from the event not just because everyone that was asked was reverse excited about it, but even more because of the system making it difficult and unreliable if Tournament type settings were attempted to be installed. Still not fully featured or fully functional. People wanting to play it like a hole in the head is what sealed the deal. Goof and I C.N.B.F. trying to deal with the thing.

Edited by razorsedge

I did not hear that reason, but the other reasons were definately discussed prior to the tournament.

As far as I heard it is basically already sold, as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Andrew had it well before the Federal weekend back in April.

- - - Updated - - -

Its a good game. It wasn't about he said she said,good or bad. Goofy didn't put it in the comp out of respect for the future owner thats all. Its on the market if anyone is interested.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Aussie Arcade mobile app

I think many would agree it is a fairly well built game in a selection of aspects, but if you mean Gameplay it seems you are part of a Very small group. To be positive, I would agree with H2H, it beats Magic Girl for Gameplay!! :lol

I'd still rather look at Magic Girl though :D

Awesome i managed to stir the pot. Don't get to excited i didn't say i was buying it. Lol. How did this thread come about this? O well have a lovely day.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Lol! ... I was impressed that you seemed to manage to change your opinion on -(insert controvercial pinball game here)-!! ... Here I was thinking you were the first I knew of to take a real liking to it! ... :lol Good One! .... my sarcasm detector goes on the blink a bit.

It became about this because the game in question was at the venue... not used in the event... and there is nowhere else it might be discussed on AA .... the elephant in the room. So to speak.

As far as I see it ... Entirely appropriate posts for this particular thread. ;)

I did post pics and a bit of a spill but AK accidentally deleted, I'll redo it later.

You have a nice day there too m8. :)

*edit

How the thread "came about this" originally @Chaza73 ? ... @DAG browsed the thread, and posted with a perfectly fair question about one of the games there. I replied, but was I supposed to? ... perhaps not exactly the way I did, or else @Arcade King wouldn't have had to chime in. Don't talk about -(insert controvercial pinball game here)- here unless it can be restrained to what self thinks about the gameplay of the machine. It shouldn't be that bad that we cant post the name of a pinball game in a game list for an event, and talk about playing it. Liking things about it or not. Would have been good to have it in, but too many various reasons to not include it.

This is not an invitation to turn this thread into a depth discussion about -(insert controvercial pinball game here)-.

Someone can make some other thread if they want, by the sounds. PM Mods first I'd say @toads. I'm not going to start one.

Edited by razorsedge

Congrats to Chaza for bringing home the bacon!

Thanks to everyone who participated, a fun evening had by all! . Great to have Leith up to join in, pleased you came along for a few games with us! :)

Thanks as well to Andrew for the venue and the great games, and a super discounted pinball night! ... with Pizza for supper! :cool:

1,Colin Tattoli

2,Rodney Papish

3,Stuart Roseberg

4,Ray Gillett

5,Robert Piper

6,Andrew Mathews

7,Dave Scarman

8,Steve Dite

9,Travis Johncock

10,Leith Stuart

20190709_204327.thumb.jpg.dc61ddd3bc3a72c90305146681f8d0a6.jpg

20190709_204333.thumb.jpg.4882abbd0cccc758e6a49f2ec37d242b.jpg

20190709_204351.thumb.jpg.d5d9d5da7d9dbdf3abfecc7c36c89336.jpg

20190709_222724.thumb.jpg.c073229379e34e8c743d680b5dfad26d.jpg

20190709_222728.thumb.jpg.935692ea07b74eeb9646d75afdc0ae24.jpg

20190709_222753.thumb.jpg.5040ad0fba8f986c3b9493961a27bf89.jpg

Thanks for putting on a fun night Andrew, had a ball. A special mention also to Razor for bringing along TNA. What a fast adrenaline rush that game is, and it sounds freakin awesome. The sub woofer in the bottom of the cab is enclosed which takes the bass to the next level. The balls in the physical lock were bouncing around just from the bass. No shaker required. Thunderbirds is built well but falls short from lack of game development experience. Hopefully ‘so called’ has another go as there is potential there for him to make great pinballs at a great price. To have all of the tooling and manufacturing facilities in place and to be able to produce only one machine would be a shame.