Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

JJP Willy Wonka

Koops

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally subjective imo, comes down to what you enjoy from the machine and how you attack it...having played both versions,with and without that lock, much prefer the former; adds variety ,and and you don't get that feeling of getting slapped in the face with a fish when you hit that dead drop target in front of where the lockhole is as occurs with the latter, not to mention the much more frequent central drain as a result. Each to his own.

Not sure what you mean...there is no drop target (dead or alive) and there is no lockhole for the Wonkavator lock. Do you mean the Gobstobber lock? In that case the SE is the same as the LE.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Not sure what you mean...there is no drop target (dead or alive) and there is no lockhole for the Wonkavator lock. Do you mean the Gobstobber lock? In that case the SE is the same as the LE.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

My apologies, did not do my homework on this...indeed, I am referring to Gobstopper lock on the lower part of the playfield which clearly was not operational on the one I played, so mindlessly confused that with the absent Wonkavator being discussed. Does help to learn the ropes before doing battle, have been told that often. Cheers.

My apologies, did not do my homework on this...indeed, I am referring to Gobstopper lock on the lower part of the playfield which clearly was not operational on the one I played, so mindlessly confused that with the absent Wonkavator being discussed. Does help to learn the ropes before doing battle, have been told that often. Cheers.

In case you are referring to the Willy Wonka located at City Heroes. The gobstopper target and lock mech are both fully functional.

Although the theme does nothing for me, I played it yesterday and have to say it was a fair bit of fun and has got me a little excited about how GNR will turn out. Only other JJP pinball I have played or owned was a Hobbit which I can’t say was that exciting...

I'm in for a CE and after looking at the pictures I really hope that you can remove that signed plaque - that imo looks totally tacked on and detracts from the apron look. Hope it looks better in real life otherwise its screwdriver out and I'll be mounting it on a poster within a frame on the wall....

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
Are people still enjoying their Willy Wonka games? Hard to master? Any major problems?

Great game. Many different ways to play it...all the shots relatively easy to make (except the kid target and the left loop through the pops) so it doesn’t frustrate me like some other games with tighter shots. But you sure have to on your toes when it comes out of the pops or off the gobstopper target, or starts hitting the slings. The geometry is genius, up there with Dialed In...just the way the ball flows and bounces off certain targets.

I’ve only got to three golden tickets out of five and it still has that ‘come back for more’ aspect that the better games have.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...