Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

New to Netflix - What to watch

Cobra Kai has come off YouTube and is now on Netflix. I really enjoyed this series. Watched all of season 1 and 2 over 3 days. For anyone who doesnt know it is Karate Kid set 30 years in the future.

"Thirty years after their final confrontation at the 1984 All Valley Karate Tournament, Johnny Lawrence is at rock-bottom as an unemployed handyman haunted by his wasted life. However, when Johnny rescues a bullied kid, Miguel, from bullies, he is inspired to restart the notorious Cobra Kai dojo.. However, this revitalization of his life and related misunderstandings find Johnny restarting his old rivalry with Daniel LaRusso, a successful businessman who may be happily married, but is missing an essential balance in life since the death of his mentor, Mr. Miyagi. Meanwhile, even as this antipathy festers, it finds itself reflected in their protegees as Miguel and his comrades are gradually poisoned by Cobra Kai's thuggish philosophy. Meanwhile, while Daniel's daughter, Samantha, finds herself in the middle of this conflict amidst false friends, Johnny's estranged miscreant son, Robby, finds himself inadvertently coming under Daniel's wing and flourishes in ways worthy of Mr. Miyagi."

• Like 2

It's so good, I love it, but I found the last episode of Season 2 was just so stupid. It was fun, but stupid, which I guess is channeling the whole 80s vibe well. I just felt that it all kind of got a bit ridiculous towards the end.

Still, it's a whole lot of fun and just the right amount of cheesy. I love the way it flips the script on the original Karate Kid.

• Like 2

Season 2 of The Boys has just started on Amazon Prime Video. Very violent and gory but interesting take on the Superhero genre.

The Boys is an American superhero web television series developed by Eric Kripke for Prime Video. Based on the comic book of the same name by Garth Ennis and Darick Robertson, it follows the eponymous team of vigilantes as they combat superpowered individuals who abuse their abilities

• Like 1

Season 2 of The Boys has just started on Amazon Prime Video. Very violent and gory but interesting take on the Superhero genre.

The Boys is an American superhero web television series developed by Eric Kripke for Prime Video. Based on the comic book of the same name by Garth Ennis and Darick Robertson, it follows the eponymous team of vigilantes as they combat superpowered individuals who abuse their abilities

'The Boys' is a fantastic series, I'm really enjoying this. I am over Marvel and DC movies and series , but this is something different, it is Dark, Humourous and fun. Highly recommend this, worth trying Prime (Amazon) for 30 days for free, just to watch this series.

• Like 2

I just watched episode 3 of The Boys last night, the whale scene was equal parts hilarious and disgusting.

I am loving Deep's character right now, so funny. Stormfront in the latest ep was also excellent.

Next 2 eps of Raised By Wolves are out. I will watch them tonight.

• Like 1

It's so good, I love it, but I found the last episode of Season 2 was just so stupid. It was fun, but stupid, which I guess is channeling the whole 80s vibe well. I just felt that it all kind of got a bit ridiculous towards the end.

Yeah I mean, do no teachers work in that school? :)

Not Netflix (HBO) but we just finished season 2 of 'Succession' and it was SO GOOD. I don't watch a lot of everyday shows, have always leant more towards SF or Fantasy, escapism. but Succession is one of the best dramas i've seen in recent years. The writing, cast, everything, just can't fault it. It 100% deserves all the massive praise it's got.

The show centers around a Multi-Billionaire Media-Empire family and it's head, the father. It's a rare show in that there isn't really a 100% likeable chracter. Everyone is a bit of a shit. Some are downright despicable, twisted emotionally. But so watchable.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
I've been watching one called Peaky Blinders. It's great in places but get's weird as **** for 5 mins every episode, like they have a guest director come in and do a 5 min section who knows nothing about the show. It'll flip into a dream fugue or something.

Blacklist is ok and there's a million eps on there.

Lucifer is one for the girls and guys to watch together.

Meateater is a fantastic hunting show.

As a hunter +1 on Meateater and if want to look at both sides then check out All the stars in the sky.

• Like 1

We just finished The Queen's Gambit. Not anything to do with royalty no - it's about a young girl, orphaned, growing up into a young woman, chess prodigy genius and substance addict. It's really really good! The main actress is one of those you just can't take your eyes off, so compelling in what she does. Two thumbs up.

Jaz.gif

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Finished watching Bloodline.

I don't know how to do the spoiler thing where you have text and it's covered until hover/click on it but fu*k it.

Big fan of Ben Mendelsohn.

Found it a lot to keep track of, but it kept building with all the different events, left me eager to watch the next episode, leading up to an unexpected an anticlimactic ending, what a waste of time.

Ive been forced to watch " black list " for the last couple months. Its actually pretty good.

Yep, just started this as well. Not to bad atm.

The back story with the family members is a little light but ok. Worth a watch though!

Started watching Prison Break again...haha...enjoying it.

Also gotta try:

We Are the Champions!! Classic!! Will appeal to our geek factor.