Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

New to Netflix - What to watch

• Administrators

I don't know if this has been mentioned or not but the Studio Ghibli Anime movies are all on netflix now. Even if you're not into Anime these are worth a look, you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Some of my personal favorites

Spirited Away

Howl's Moving Castle

Castle in the Sky

Princess Mononoke

Grave of the Fireflies

My Neighbor Totoro

To name a few!

Im on long service leave right now so will be rewatching these gems.

• Like 4

Season 3 Ozark dropped recently. Haven't watched it yet but really liked the first two seasons.

i'm only up to ep 4 in season 3 and its still fucking awesome :)

Theres a movie on Netflix called "The Platform", for fans of the low budget movie "Cube"

• Like 2

i'm only up to ep 4 in season 3 and its still ****ing awesome :)

Theres a movie on Netflix called "The Platform", for fans of the low budget movie "Cube"

We just started season two of Ozark and are really enjoying it.

I was one of the rare people that loved Cube, will check The Platform out, cheers.

• Like 1

We just started season two of Ozark and are really enjoying it.

I was one of the rare people that loved Cube, will check The Platform out, cheers.

I thought Cube was a good watch back in the day. Something different.

Just started Ozark season 3 last night. Also watched Altered Carbon season 2 and enjoyed that.

• Like 1

I thought Cube was a good watch back in the day. Something different.

Just started Ozark season 3 last night. Also watched Altered Carbon season 2 and enjoyed that.

Holy shit, Cube. Damn I love that movie. I expect it hasn't aged all that well, but back in the late 90s, that was one of my all time faves.

There is a short novella written by one of my favourite sci-fi authors, (Alastair Reynolds) called Diamond Dogs. It's like Cube on steroids. It even makes direct reference to Cube.

Ozark season 3 has been good, but it hasn't recaptured the magic of season 1 and 2 for me.

• Like 1

The Haunting of hill house (Just Blew me away Just Amazing)

Derren Brown Sacrifice ( If you have not seen this then you are in for one hell of a ride . Just incredible)

Derren Brown The Push ( Another Fantastic one to watch )

Dont F!@# with cats

or for a laugh

F is for family ( Bill Burr reminds me of my old man )

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished watch the Doco on the Unibomber - In his own Words!!

Very interesting.

If he actually knew what he was doing probably would've killed more than just the 3!

Can't wait for the Jordan doco about the Bulls 97/98 campaign!

• Like 1

i'm only up to ep 4 in season 3 and its still ****ing awesome :)

We watched it the otehr week. Enjoyed it, and amazingly my partner did too! Yes, it totally reminded me of The Cube.

About The Platform, and other shows on Netfix. What's with the dubbing? I find it much more distracting than sub titles. Has Netflix decided that none of its viewers read too good?

• Like 2

We watched it the otehr week. Enjoyed it, and amazingly my partner did too! Yes, it totally reminded me of The Cube.

About The Platform, and other shows on Netfix. What's with the dubbing? I find it much more distracting than sub titles. Has Netflix decided that none of its viewers read too good?

Glad you enjoyed it. RE the dubs, 'Mericans? :) I am the same, as long as the subs are accurate, I would much rather watch it in its native language

Im the opposite I hate subtitles and rather be looking at the action than reading the bottom of the screen.

It's not like the 70s and 80 where translations and dubs were terrible.

They still are mate, some of the Netflix ones are diabolical. You leave the dub and sub on at the same time and they are completely different messaging.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Geez, we only just last night realised that while dubbing is the default, you can actually change it to subtitles and original language. Of course we could only make it work with closed captiions. [Phone rings] [sound of 90s dance music] :lol

Ozark season 3 was bloody amazing and easily the best season yet. new cast member Tom Pelphrey was an absolute show-stopper as a bi-polar man going off his meds and spiralling downhill into the worst possible environment (Italian mob and mexican cartel) - his portrayal of mental illness was scarily spot-on, hit very close to home for me. It was super heavy and tense, me and mrs jed always had to put on something funny after watching just to lighten the mood. A must-watch.

The Leftovers was at times really hard to watch but again the tension, jesus christ . Really interesting spin on people dealing with loss, and exploration of cults/religion. 2 of my shows of the year so far i think, if you like your shows a bit moody, heavy, and dark.

• Like 2

Wear a mask in Public to protect you and Others they said ! So we DID ! Now we cant get in anywhere ( and yes this is Netflix related ! )

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"IMG_9825.JPG","data-attachmentid":2132270}[/ATTACH]

Absolutely love Money Heist! Heaps of twists and turns and some super interesting characters. The thought that's gone into the plot and the robberies are awesome.

• Like 1

Wear a mask in Public to protect you and Others they said ! So we DID ! Now we cant get in anywhere ( and yes this is Netflix related ! )

What was the problem? Of course Dali would need to go to the paint section.

Thanks for the recommendation.:071:

• 2 months later...