Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL scoreboard

If any MGL player is interested I crashed and burned in the current MARP knockout comp. 32 go to the head to head round. I finished 34th and was the only Australian player (out of 3) NOT to qualify for the next round.

I only noticed last week that the MARP tournament was running, otherwise I would have entered it. Seeing the three games that were played for qualifying I would have been the 2nd Aussie player to not qualify :lol

Edit: wow, just noticed they only run this once a year that's too bad, would love to play some other tournaments, I'll likely forget about this next year as I don't visit MARP very often.

Edited by John73

MGL Tournament Winners

MGL 1 Shock_And_Awe

MGL 2 Shock_And_Awe

MGL 3 DKong

MGL 4 Amy

MGL 5 DKong

MGL 6 DKong

MGL 7 Rat

When I created the virtual trophies for the MGL series, it was suggested to make them from MGLVIII only, and that is what I did.

I looked into a previous thread yesterday and found that the history of the first seven MGLs are gone.

However as you can see above, we have a list of the winners for these early pioneering MGLs on the first page of this thread. I do not know the placegetters.

To recognise the winners of these MGLs, I have created the missing trophies for active players, and therefore below is DKong's complete virtual trophy set ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/MGL%20Trophies/DKong17_25mm_ALL_zps6f7aa7ef.png

... and the updated Rat trophy set ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/MGL%20Trophies/Rat_25mm_1_zps040d7072.png

Nice sets!

Edited by OOO

I'm first to admit I have no life. What is this outside world I hear of?

If any MGL player is interested I crashed and burned in the current MARP knockout comp. 32 go to the head to head round. I finished 34th and was the only Australian player (out of 3) NOT to qualify for the next round.

Too bad you didn't qualify, next game was Snow Bros, you would have been a good chance of advancing to the round of 16.

I'm first to admit I have no life. What is this outside world I hear of?

And some people around here think I'M too serious. Get a load of these guys and thank your lucky stars they aren't playing in an MGL any time soon.

Drunken rant over. As I crack another Guinness I know I may regret this post in the morning but I'll post it anyway

Yeah, bad luck, what went wrong? Pressure / nerves?

My mistake was only playing one game of Cosmo Gang and never getting back into it to try and improve. It's not like I was busy or had any real life issues. By the time I realized I needed to pull my finger out it was literally minutes from the cutoff time. Missed finishing Hang On by inches and lost to the last opponent on Ghostlop.

Then I saw Snow Bros and :cry

• 1 month later...

Scramble: 291,000

So 2 days into a month off work but a week away from Funspot I stayed home from the pub and got a bit bored. This was the end result.

1st death: loop 8 section 4

2nd and 3rd deaths: loop 10 section 4

Last death: loop 12 section 5

Konami romset. Default settings. 3 lives + 1 extra at 10K.

scramble.png.cb23375022830954742a84ef9032d7cb.png

what game is that?

Scramble. Think we played it a few MGL's ago - a classic that I suck at :)

EDIT: Played back in MGL 13 - Rat scored 260K (Mame scoreboard was never updated with this score though) which Rob has since beaten.

Edited by John73

Scramble. Think we played it a few MGL's ago - a classic that I suck at :)

EDIT: Played back in MGL 13 - Rat scored 260K (Mame scoreboard was never updated with this score though) which Rob has since beaten.

One MGL before I crashed this party. :lol

I'd spotted the 260K score a while back while browsing through the old MGL threads. Was hoping Scramble would come up again so I could have a crack at it but as I said last night I got bored. Felt like playing just for fun and had a good one. There's 2 or 3 more I could have a go at but no definite plans right now.

Yeah Rob Scramble is easy, I'm not going to try to regain that score, all my gaming goes to Defender now...red roms factory default original cab........you want a challenge? :D

Yeah Rob Scramble is easy, I'm not going to try to regain that score, all my gaming goes to Defender now...red roms factory default original cab........you want a challenge? :D

I've always sucked at Defender. It's one of those games that I like a lot but never really got the hang of or put in the effort to get good at. Scored 36K in the 2010 Funspot tournament. That's about as good as I get. Might try for 50K next week.

Yeah I'm finding that it takes an incredible amount of dedication to marathon Defender, I really hope to get there, I have been practicing hard for a long time now and progress is so slow and difficult, but still noticeable enough to keep me going. The perfect difficulty curve.......enough chat here I had better go and practice some more, if I reach my goal you will know, I will be shouting it out all over the world :D (don't give up, don't give up)

• 2 weeks later...

MGL CHAMPIONS MEMORIAL

The saga of the great MGL started many years ago ... the history and records of those early years are now gone.

Rumoured to start in 2006, the MGL has now being going strong for 7 years.

In the human quest to fight and conquer the video game universe,

those champions who prevailed are forever enshrined in the tomb of the famed Aussie Arcade Memorial ...

http://i.imgur.com/NCdrlF0.png

May the challenge continue and the competition reverberate throughout the universe ...

:)

OOO

Edited by OOO

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

For your viewing pleasure, the high scores list has been updated after MGL XX. MGL XX saw new high scores in every game played including obviously the 2 games that hadn't been played before, Jumping Jack and Kung-Fu Master.

I've also added the Galaga score by @Barra from the other night of 5,359,250.

If you're waiting for the next MGL to kick off, why not check out the scores on page 1 and see if you can knock off any record that is listed. Just post a screen shot in this thread and play on the MAME default settings (unless a score states TG settings were used).

I've also added the 2nd and 3rd place getters for MGL's 8 to 20 also, unfortunately we can't get the 2nd and 3rd places for earlier tournaments.

Edited by John73

• 1 month later...

MGL CHAMPIONS MEMORIAL

On being the anniversary of the last keeping of the AA MGL Champions Memorial, the last 3 champions have been etched in time, forever in the tomb symbolising human triumph.

Twas said by many that the games would not last the test of eternity, however the twist is that man is mortal and the games and their scores will live on forever while man will perish and regenerate in cycles into the distant future.

http://i.imgur.com/F3xoFlC.png

May those brave enough with vigilence and diligence, challenge themselves to knock on the precipice of the tomb of the MGL Champions ...

OOO

Edited by OOO

• 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...
Methinks this thread needs an update :)

Updated the scoreboard up to and including MGL 26 today ... some nice new recent high scores on Mr Do!, Donkey Kong, Congo Bongo new world record and R-Type Leo ... check it out ...

• 2 months later...

Hey guys. I've been playing the arcades a bit lately (previously just addicted to pinball...), and noticed @RMacauley has a Twingalaxies score up for Ghouls 'n' Ghosts which is one of my favourite games. So I've been on a bit of a mission to see if I could best it.

Well last night was the night! Smashed my previous best by 100,000 (and made it to the very last boss, second loop through, for the first time). Didn't clear the game though. I reckon I only needed to hit him 1 or 2 more times...

The issue here is that it's the World set for TG, and also for my score I've done. Can that be included here as a separate entry in this score board? Or do we have to stick to the US set (which is what the current high score here is on)?

Picture attached: CZeub_vVAAABF5H.thumb.jpg.89d0bb32df65963c51c31ea1f9baf522.jpg