Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL scoreboard

Nice job. Going after the Arcade high - so you have managed to track down a dedicated cab then ?

I want to knock off the the arcade high score using Mame first, then I'll look at a dedicated cab. Got some competition though, Charlie D Wehner (currently 2nd in Mame) is back playing on an arcade machine, he's over 2,000,000 already :o

I want to knock off the the arcade high score using Mame first, then I'll look at a dedicated cab. Got some competition though, Charlie D Wehner (currently 2nd in Mame) is back playing on an arcade machine, he's over 2,000,000 already :o

If I ever come across a Bump'n'Jump PCB will be sending it your way ( for cost of course ;)), I really want more Aussies getting dedicated high scores.

BTW does the TG scores with original PCB's mean you have to play with the same/original joysticks and buttons that came with the game :unsure

If I ever come across a Bump'n'Jump PCB will be sending it your way ( for cost of course ;)), I really want more Aussies getting dedicated high scores.

BTW does the TG scores with original PCB's mean you have to play with the same/original joysticks and buttons that came with the game :unsure

Cheers :D BnJ PCB's aren't that expensive really - couple of hundred bucks will get you one.

No idea about the TG rules, my understanding which could be wrong, is that you could use a home made set up as long as it's an original PCB inside it :unsure I'd really like to have a go on an original machine, I have a feeling that I won't convert over to the joystick as well as I play using a keyboard for some reason.

Cheers :D BnJ PCB's aren't that expensive really - couple of hundred bucks will get you one.

No idea about the TG rules, my understanding which could be wrong, is that you could use a home made set up as long as it's an original PCB inside it :unsure I'd really like to have a go on an original machine, I have a feeling that I won't convert over to the joystick as well as I play using a keyboard for some reason.

I think it would depend on the game, something like Donkey Kong they would expect it done on all original hardware, but lesser known games I think they would be less strict on it.

I think it would depend on the game, something like Donkey Kong they would expect it done on all original hardware, but lesser known games I think they would be less strict on it.

Yeah, DK is very strict these days for dedicate cab's. However I think they are a bit looser on requirements for other games. For example, the Aussie guy who got the Galaga high score last year didn't do it on an original cab, he just had the PCB.

love this thread :cool: its a great idea as we can also see what games have been played. :D

you coulld also add in the number of times nominated or number of times played in the mgl!

here's a thought! convert it to a table, and add another column for the lowest score too!

at least that'll give me a chance of getting my name up there somewhere :lol:lol:lol

love this thread :cool: its a great idea as we can also see what games have been played. :D

you coulld also add in the number of times nominated or number of times played in the mgl!

here's a thought! convert it to a table, and add another column for the lowest score too!

at least that'll give me a chance of getting my name up there somewhere :lol:lol:lol

You can always submit to TG, they don't care what score you get :D Lowest score for Donkey Kong is 100 - I'm sure I can get a 0 score :D I believe the world record (though it isn't listed on TG) is -100 for Donkey Kong.... don't know how the guy managed a minus score :unsure but I saw it in some documentary about classic gaming on TG site.

http://wewhoareabouttodie.com/2011/06/10/interview-with-keith-apicary-holder-of-world-record-for-lowest-donkey-kong-score/ <- Keith Apicary, holder of the lowest Donkey Kong score interview :D

Edited by John73

You can always submit to TG, they don't care what score you get :D Lowest score for Donkey Kong is 100 - I'm sure I can get a 0 score :D I believe the world record (though it isn't listed on TG) is -100 for Donkey Kong.... don't know how the guy managed a minus score :unsure but I saw it in some documentary about classic gaming on TG site.

http://wewhoareabouttodie.com/2011/06/10/interview-with-keith-apicary-holder-of-world-record-for-lowest-donkey-kong-score/ <- Keith Apicary, holder of the lowest Donkey Kong score interview :D

my scores are crap but not that crap! :lol:lol:lol

WTF would been nice to see the interview but somehow the video that played back was the aus gov banking reforms video ?

Well that is the first step, get over 2,000,000 :) Recorded this game and I'll be submitting it to TG later tonight probably.

Great stuff on the 2 million - didn't take you long to rise to the challenge!

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
Can we have other games on there, i have won 39 games on mortal kombat 2 in a row?

This scoreboard AFAIK is just for games that have been played in the MGL's.

I was never a MK player, so never looked into what records are tracked by TwinGalaxies, maybe you could look into that :)

Don't think this scoreboard has been updated in a while, will try and get around to it when MGL 15 finishes in a weeks time.

Can we have other games on there, i have won 39 games on mortal kombat 2 in a row?

I dont think vs games can be added to any lists. Way too easy to fake and no equal way to gauge players against others.

This scoreboard AFAIK is just for games that have been played in the MGL's.

I was never a MK player, so never looked into what records are tracked by TwinGalaxies, maybe you could look into that :)

Don't think this scoreboard has been updated in a while, will try and get around to it when MGL 15 finishes in a weeks time.

I must admit to being a bit slack updating these records from about MGL14... I think Time Pilot in MGL14 was the last score I updated.

But yeah, these are just MGL records, but people can post better scores for anything they see listed here though, is how we approached it in the past. Gives punters some scores to tilt their hats at, while MGL isn't on. Just play at Mame default dips and you're sweet.

I must admit to being a bit slack updating these records from about MGL14... I think Time Pilot in MGL14 was the last score I updated.

I did try updating it before MGL15 kicked off but for some reason I have troubles occasionally editing posts, go into edit, make changes, try to save and it just times out - gave up after a couple of attempts. Could be the time of night and to many people on AA causing a slow response or could just be my internet which drives me bonkers at times. Will see if I can have a look at it next weekend unless you want to jump in and do it :)

Remaining scores for MGL XIV and for MGL XV (Up to game 7) have now been added along with MGL XIV & XV tournament winners.

There is going to be the usual break between MGL XV & XVI (time to be worked out in the coming weeks), anyone who hasn't had enough MGLing, have a look through the high scores and feel free to knock off a high score or two :)

• 7 months later...

Scores from MGL17 have now been added/updated.

Don't forget you can knock off any of these scores at any time, just post a pic of your score and it will be updated - it may be an idea to also PM me if you do want a scored added in case I miss your post in here.

Might need to do another edit methinks. I haven't done a Bjorn Borg and won 5 in a row yet. The list reads:

MGL XIV RMacauley

MGL XV RMacauley

MGL XVI RMacauley

MGL XVII RMacauley

MGL XVI RMacauley

MGL XVI. So nice I won it twice. :lol

There's 2 scores for Pandora's Palace as well

Might need to do another edit methinks. I haven't done a Bjorn Borg and won 5 in a row yet. The list reads:

MGL XIV RMacauley

MGL XV RMacauley

MGL XVI RMacauley

MGL XVII RMacauley

MGL XVI RMacauley

MGL XVI. So nice I won it twice. :lol

There's 2 scores for Pandora's Palace as well

Nice work :)

So, do you get out much? :D

Might need to do another edit methinks. I haven't done a Bjorn Borg and won 5 in a row yet.

Fixed :)

Thinking that I'll also add a section below the MGL winners list for those people who have won other MGL events (Kong Off, Puck Off etc).

Nice work :)

So, do you get out much? :D

I'm first to admit I have no life. What is this outside world I hear of?

If any MGL player is interested I crashed and burned in the current MARP knockout comp. 32 go to the head to head round. I finished 34th and was the only Australian player (out of 3) NOT to qualify for the next round.

And some people around here think I'M too serious. Get a load of these guys and thank your lucky stars they aren't playing in an MGL any time soon.

Drunken rant over. As I crack another Guinness I know I may regret this post in the morning but I'll post it anyway