Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

BALLY / STERN Solid State Custom Playfields

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 7 months later...

IMG_20200430_074932.thumb.jpg.1a9ba4f810d1ad0aa0cd60d05325e22f.jpg IMG_20200430_074852.thumb.jpg.78f2164c8bfc978263e1cc5e591c874e.jpg IMG_20200430_074822.thumb.jpg.215b8d3748eea74cb2b5be04514ca4d3.jpg

The Latest project to go into the SupaCab

This is a ground up construction using an off the shelf printed overlay.

This is for most part being done by @Slevbro

All the mecs, wiring,switches and lights will need to be installed to bring one new Evel Knievel into existence ☺�

• Like 5

Can one mix space themes ??? Will this cause a rip in the space time continuum that can effect all Multiball Modes ! Tread carefully young @kress . Even though your are the "creator" and therefore you can and shall do what ever you want, you may destroy us all with you're " Devil may care" attitude to homebrew :p Oh theres a nice Eagle for sale , in a nice display case $490

Can one mix space themes ??? Will this cause a rip in the space time continuum that can effect all Multiball Modes ! Tread carefully young @kress . Even though your are the "creator" and therefore you can and shall do what ever you want, you may destroy us all with you're " Devil may care" attitude to homebrew :p Oh theres a nice Eagle for sale , in a nice display case $490

After collecting Jupiter Saturn & Uranus Voyager leaves the Solar System & travels thru Space.

Are you suggesting V1 will not encounter Space 1999 ,Lost in Space ,Star Wars ( twice ) ,Battlestar Galatica ,Star Trek ,

Guardians of the Galaxy ,The HHGTTG & Stargate in its travels?

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Amazing work as always My Kress. Here's something I think you may be interested in......

Maybe go a bit further and.....

I was originally looking at using Bally SS parts but the price of some of the boards 2nd hand is quite rediculious and it is limiting to what you can do with it always being constrained by what Bally did in the 70-80s.

I was then looking at Williams SS boards because the price is far cheaper and more easy to get hold of but again you are restrained by what Williams did.

I don't really see the P_Roc as a viable alternative mainly due to it's cost but a custom interface board between the RPi and the original manufacturer's driver boards I do see as a way to go or even an interface that replaces the driver board as well.

The RPi itself isn't slow, it is the RPi needing to load everything to the PRoc that is the slow part which seems stupid to me seeing as all the required data is on the RPi itself already and the RPi could drive the machine direct.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...