IGNORED

The family room console cabinet or how many consoles can you fit in a 2x4 kallax.

PSX work? They are usually toast yeah?

Pics showed it working, I haven't had a chance to plug any of that lot in as yet and test.

PSX wasn't much so if its dead then it'll attempt fix otherwise it'll be a pretty ornament :)

Can't remember what does in them, but I think it is the laser. Really high failure rate. FMcB doesn't work on it. I think they look great too/

My recent research indicates that FMCB along with a English XMB MOD are doable.

My recent research indicates that FMCB along with a English XMB MOD are doable.

Awesome. Not sure if it changed. I remember reading it was possible though. I ended up getting a clear blue ps2 with two clear blue controller while I was over there. Cost $12 and it works great.

• Like 1

A couple more boxes at the post office for pickup tomorrow morning, it's like xmas! :)

Also got around to fully opening up the Amiga CD32 last night. Very clean and no board corrosion, only thing is a little rust on the upper shielding.

Unfortunately though the two 1000uf caps have noticeable swell so it looks like this one will be the first full recap candidate.

nice set up only thing is that you need is a crt set for the older consoles...just feels more authentic to me anyways...

Cheers.

I get the argument for CRT but it isn't my thing. I really like the crisp RGB output of the consoles on a LCD.

Boxes pickup up which included some interesting items from a job lot. All need to be be cleaned and the tested.

Puck monster is a little sad but will see if I can get it working.

TV games I'll convert to composite and the Intellivisions to 240V power and rgb.

Pippin front face is very yellowed so will be a good candidate for bleach therapy.

Had a quick game on the space cobra and packri monster handhelds.

ACtC-3ebf48AvVnwuyPESWRsQoRz-dHCoXtTgxOqs4bZO_1un5TgrbqFVYqH8SWDo7eSn_1XAIZ3OSom0wfamvA0lJ4fUj1NU06kkwoA8BbRCFZp4gLFXpaO6iJU8NFvp4z5-P_qYVudrP0HI7ob61CzeByd=w1000

Edited by waali
  • Like 3

Cheers for the offer but no. I like the epoch, I'm looking to pick up a super cassette vision myself.

I'm going to have to cull my own collection at some stage too as I just don't have space for them all.

• Like 1

Ok gents some input please.

I have approval for expanding the game cabinet from 4x2 to 4x3.

If I remove the arcade boards I'll have approximately 16 spaces for consoles.

The question is which 16 out of the 21? The list is below:

Amiga CD32

Amstrad GX4000

Philips CDI

Bandai Playdia

Bandia Pippin

Casio PV1000

Casio Loopy

NEC PC-FX

Tomy Tutor Jr

Intellivision

Nintendo TV game 6

TV Game 15

Atari 7800

Ouya

Virtual Boy

Pioneer Laseractive

Sony PSX

Neo Geo AES

FM Towns Marty

Xavix

Wii U

Thinking of dropping Xavix and Pioneer for starters and maybe one of the TV games.

• 1 year later...
Posted (edited)

A heap of consoles since I last posted but these have been the most recent.

NGPC - recapped, recased, new lcd

Nomad - unmodded for now.

PC Engine GT - Boards removed, every single cap was stuffed. All cleaned up for recap, then new LCD.

AM-JKLWGPQs45IP9J41qIGMaMFLf3ehT8j6oRtjk

Edited by waali
  • Like 4
  • Love 2

• 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

PCE GT is part done.

Refurbed this little Atari beauty on the weekend. It had no sound, a few black lines on screen, DC was wired to inline 3.5mm stereo socket.

- BennVenn LCD. Simple install with only one wire to be soldered (for scanline control) and one component to be removed.

- Full recap

- New DC socket, DC supply components and speaker.

- Cleaned inside and out. Lens plastic polished, still has a few small scratches but is much better.

- Lynx GD multicart

AM-JKLVg3G_XCWkeba--6vi5WlL-zLoPZzrvsLNJ

Edited by waali
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

Purchased a few consoles recently as well as a absolute turd, pictures below.

Also some other items most notably a Laseractive MD controller, 3D Dream MegaLD and Return to Zork for the PC-FX 🙂

AL9nZEXu20e2WIZCsOOmrAmF98UwHsqLJHJbHQau

AL9nZEX3vORTpb002VFrSDn9b6vLg45ACzcB3WYM

AL9nZEX5bjlSOJeHOXKKt4fQFQr7QheOQyvJk7jA

AL9nZEXPdREtlwk2TpFaDCAmYZ68fuxmVKDSVkDR

Edited by waali
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Posted (edited)

Been on a bit of a handheld bender lately, topped it off last night with this unit that sits somewhere between handheld and console.

AL9nZEVi50tw-CSCz_5w4eNZHzpEIYs9QX1UvZpS

image.png

Edited by waali
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, redferatu said:

I really like the collection. Getting pretty eclectic. Are you playing them, or mainly just enjoying restoring and modding?

A bit of both. Been playing a bit of everything as well as tinkering. I do have a lot of work in front me on the collection though, mostly recaps.

Last month I hit the DMG and Lynx games pretty hard but I think my son is enjoying all the extra consoles the most 🙂

Recently been working on mostly Nintendo and Sony handhelds with a few Lynx conversions for good measure. DMG, GBC, GBA, PSP and Vita.

This month I've got a Game Gear on the bench with another in the wings the after that I'll finish off the PC GT and move on to the nomad.

In the past 12 ish months I've also added the following which only adds to the list requiring attention:

Note: Crusing Yahoo Japan late at night is dangerous to the wallet.

Fairchild Channel F

Atari 5200 4 port

Samsung Nuon 501

Wii Mini

SMS Gen 1

MD Gen 1 French RGB model

Philips Videopac G7000

Super Cassette Vision

Manna Space CDI

Vextrex

Neo Geo CD

PS4 Pro

N-gage GD

Laseractive PCE PAC-N1

Taito M88

32X

WonderSwan Color

SwanCrystal

Sega ST-V PCB

PS Vita TV

Sheen TV104

Sharp Famicom Twin

Family Computer with disc module

Famicom AV

Dick Smith Y-1160

Colecovision

Atari XEGS

9 hours ago, waali said:

In the past 12 ish months I've also added the following which only adds to the list requiring attention:

I haven't even heard of half of those. I love Jauce, but shipping prices have been a real killer lately. I bought a junk aibo and the shipping was 3/4th of the cost.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Never say never but I think I have reached the end of my console collecting with the purchase of below.

I've had look a few times at some of the other oddities like the Super A'Can and the Watara Supervision but really feel like this console completes the collection. Time will tell.

MVO.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...