Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

New job

Starting a new job on April 30th.

Started in retail as a young lad and worked there for 26 years.

Applied for hundreds of jobs over the last 3 years and got maybe 3 or 4 interviews.

Applied for this one in Jan '17 and got the phone call yesterday.

Complete sea change from everything I've ever done before but exciting none the less.

Great to hear and good luck with the new Job. Only real jobs I’ve ever had were retail (servo) and it sure is a drain. Always think about a change but that and pinballs all I know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations on the new job @camaro

I hope everything goes well for you.

Have been trying for so long it was an absolute drain and thought it'd never happen.

This role is still part of a bigger plan (hopefully) but a major step towards it.

Not something I ever considered previously but a friend put me onto it and then all of a sudden heaps of people I have known told me they've been there for years and love it.

The role is a correctional officer.

I’ve been employed by corrections for over 15 yrs best job I’ve ever had

Crim’s are easy to manage it’s other staff that will screw u over lol

Just be fair and reasonable not all respect my authoritar !!!! Reserve that for the filthy animals you will come across

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Screw, interesting choice

Public service bubble.

Once you're in it it's easier to move across to other departments ( the hard part is getting into any public service role).

In the meantime pay is great (with the public service benefits as well) and unfortunately we will always have prisons so pretty secure

A person I worked with years ago who had worked in the industry said never do a crim a favour. They will use you and it will snowball.

Yeah I have a friend who works in the same prison and he has given me a heads up on some of the stuff that happens and what to watch out for.

Good luck with your new job!

I tried like you for 2 years to get a new job with only a couple of interviews and never hearing anything from most applications. It definitely wears you down a bit. But now your set with a decent public service job.