Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Cup holders

BioBa

I need about 20 sturdy pinball cup holders. Any suggestions on where to get them or how to convert an existing cup holder.

I don't like the cheap plastic ones on eBay. Need something stronger. At the same time don't want to spend a fortune and don't want to pay for overseas shipping.

Searched AA Forum but could not find anything?

I tried one of the holders that go on your leg bolts and didn't really like using it.

I use a stool that I just place next to whatever game I am playing.

I would test one out before buying 20

Sent from my SM-G920I using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Yes I kind of feel the same but it's a lot of stools I would need (15 machines).

• Super Moderator
Plus the space they would take up in between the machine.. However, I quite like what Pincadia have done and that is to simply adhere a plastic tray on top of a stool. Allows for plenty of space for drinks, keys and phone etc..

How often do you have 15 people playing all the games at once? even when they are where do the people watching put their drinks?

Can I be presumptuous enough to guess that like most people here you often play pinball on your own, one stool required, there is also room on the stool for a small plate with some beef jerky and cheese and bickies :)

When a few mates come over often only a couple of games will be played at a time, the novelty of getting your cans / stubbies whatever in and out of the holders will soon wear off. I have been to quite a few games rooms with 10 - 100 pinball and not seen one that had cup holders on all their games.

I have a bar close to my pins that people can place their drink on while it's their turn, you don't want drinks balanced on stools when more than a couple of people are over.

If you have your heart set on holders then just get them, whatever, I'm just sharing my experience and opinion, who knows you might find you like them more than I do.

Also you could look at something like this for $1.38 and free postage, cut the back off the mount and drill a hole in it for the leg bolt https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/UNIVERSAL-In-Car-Drinks-Cup-Bottle-Can-Holder-Door-Mount-Cup-Holder-Stand-New/172425904367?hash=item28256280ef:g:hbkAAOSwjVVVpiuJ

@Rat

Check out Babak's new venture soon to open in Brisbane, then you'll understand ;)

Scroll through his feed and you shall find..

https://www.facebook.com/brightlightspinball/

Saw some GREAT looking pins and cool products, liked the page, but didn't see any custom drink stools, not sure what I'm supposed to understand? :)

The idea of fixing a tray onto a stool sounds excellent, I have an old unused stool that I could use for that, I will need to go looking for a good tray to place on it after getting rid of the cushion top.

• Super Moderator
A new pinball venue opening in Brisbane, in about 5 weeks.. Its called Pinball Haus. I thought there maybe some more info there, Babak will chime in I'm sure.

What about a sheet metal bracket that clips under the lockdown bar and accommodates a universal cupholder from Autobarn or Supercheap

I think up high at the front would be better than down low on the side on the leg bolts. More risk of people bumping into them on the front but they shouldn't spill anyway.

How about instead of hooking under the lock down bar requiring the bar to be removed to install and damaging the water proof strip when it's locked back down over the the holder I could instead make them with a rare earth magnet (with felt under so it doesn't scratch paint or chrome) so they can just stick to the top of the lock down bar. Then you just slide it towards you to remove and place on the next pin you are going to play.

Yes people you can use this thread to reserve and preorder your MagPiss pinball drink holder :D

I will start production depending on demand and when I can be stuffed, RRP will be much dearer than Vintage's idea, but also much more practical and cooler :)

How about instead of hooking under the lock down bar requiring the bar to be removed to install and damaging the water proof strip when it's locked back down over the the holder I could instead make them with a rare earth magnet (with felt under so it doesn't scratch paint or chrome) so they can just stick to the top of the lock down bar. Then you just slide it towards you to remove and place on the next pin you are going to play.

Yes people you can use this thread to reserve and preorder your MagPiss pinball drink holder :D

I will start production depending on demand and when I can be stuffed, RRP will be much dearer than Vintage's idea, but also much more practical and cooler :)

Ahh Rat there is no doubt you're a road cyclist kinda fella ;)

Go to your local pokie venue and grab a heap of coin cups, drill 2 holes and bolt them to the legs or just tape them on around the legs temporarily. There's your cup holder and it will contain spills too.