Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

FOR SALE - Sentinel Supergun

It handles the MVS audio via a switch. Input is taken care of. I think the only thing missing is the SELECT button which can be resolved by only inserting a single cart.

As far as I know, all MVS variants should work fine.

I have a good 4 slotter LAI cab im going to one day fully restore to original, so the only thing i need select for is pausing games on home console mode.

I reckon i could add select button support in pretty easy if i needed it, but dont anticipate it being an issue.

This will probably be used for my Lethal Enforcers board i reckon, ive got a few here, but only one that has working audio. If someone comes up with a replacement audio board or a schematic so i can make one, im laughin. It all hinges on getting them before the leakers kill that little board on the under-side!

• 3 weeks later...
It handles the MVS audio via a switch. Input is taken care of. I think the only thing missing is the SELECT button which can be resolved by only inserting a single cart.

As far as I know, all MVS variants should work fine.

Hey you do know that all multi slot MVS boards have the joystick sockets right on the mobo? The select button wont be a concern on those, and this board can still power the board and feed the RGB out ;)

FOR SALE - Sentinel Supergun

These are the ones I know

MV-1 - 1 slot with metal cart housing, first model and longest of all boards, has memory card, joystick ports and stereo out

MV-1A - As above but plastic housing

MV-1AH - Long board similar to 1A

MV-1B - Smallest of all models

MV-1C - Vertical loading 1 slot

MV-1F - Long board similar to 1A

MV-1T - Short board

MV-1FZ - Short board with coin cell rechargeable battery

MV-1FZSB - Similar to above

MV-1FT - Similar to above

MV-2 - 2 Slot, memory card, controller connectors, MVS wiring standard for stereo output

MV-4 - First model 4 slot, same functionality as 2 slot

MV-4F - Another 4 slot

MV-4FH2 - Another 4 slot

There may well be others, there's a ridiculous number of revisions of MVS

Thanks Sean!

The main thing that affects the supergun re MVS is the audio. Not all MVS variants have a mono/stereo switch so I need to accommodate this. This is causing me grief as I've just incorporated composite video output along with audio out via RCA. Trying to get all possible scenarios to play nicely with each other is proving to be a headache.

Mono out via DIN

Bridged mono out via DIN (left/right stereo output to a single output)

Bridged mono via left/right RCA

True stereo via left/right rca.

Snes adapters arrived today and work wonderfully. Opens the door up to standard snes controllers, wireless snes/xbox/ps/wii controllers via an 8bitdo wireless snes receiver.

The latest supergun now has:

Onboard negatron

Voltmeter

CPS1/2 kick harness support

Optional video hat for composite video and mono/stereo audio output via RCA.

• 4 weeks later...

Most definitely!

Still performing some final refinements, hoping to be ready soon.

I'll attach some progress pics.

Snes controller adapters are finalised. Supergun needs some minor tweaks. Video board is quite different to what's pictured here. Spaced the RCAs more sensibly apart, have added an s-video socket. Composite video is working great barring some dot crawl which I can't seem to eliminate. S-video is absolutely flawless, gorgeous picture.

20180424_232059.thumb.jpg.738c9643bb38016ce28ce8e647293b37.jpg

20180424_182020.thumb.jpg.0792a92d54cec40d381e69896349d835.jpg

20180425_111015.thumb.jpg.bc4a2c5f50cdc955880f340f204fe347.jpg

Most definitely!

Still performing some final refinements, hoping to be ready soon.

I'll attach some progress pics.

Snes controller adapters are finalised. Supergun needs some minor tweaks. Video board is quite different to what's pictured here. Spaced the RCAs more sensibly apart, have added an s-video socket. Composite video is working great barring some dot crawl which I can't seem to eliminate. S-video is absolutely flawless, gorgeous picture.

What chip are you using for the compost video Frank? Have you tried a CXA-1645? That is what Namco used on their breakout boards for their 50" machines, im not sure why they didnt just use RGB like Sega did, but i did have a Namco board laying around at home years ago.

I'm using the CXA2075. More modern and requires fewer external components.

Yeah i wonder if that is why youre getting the dot crawl? Ive not seen that on 1145s or 1645s, but then its been years since ive used composite video too.

Awesome work. Great job with the ongoing refinements and additional features.

Always nice to see some locally developed products.

Please put me down for a Sentinel board and a couple of SNES adapters when the next batch is ready for release.

Frank, which cheap mini ATX pico power supply did you use? Can you recommend an Aussie seller?

Re the dot crawl, it's nothing out of the ordinary. I've noticed it on some Mega Drive consoles and other superguns. Just bothers me cos I'm a perfectionist. I will experiment with building an external trap filter. Have also improved the grounding so that may help. I did notice that the dot crawl reduced using a PAL oscillator however NTSC seems to be more compatible. Some arcade boards such as CPS1/2 don't play nicely with PAL, no idea why. Also I didn't have things connected optimally, was using test clips and hookup wire so perhaps in the revised pcb with a proper connection this will help.

Re the mini ATX, I grabbed mine from Aliexpress. I used an external hard drive PSU to power it as it had the right connector and plenty of grunt. You want at least 2 Amps, preferably more if you can manage it. For the pico, I'd suggest 250 Watt as a good minimum.

With the new design it caters to 24 pin ATX as well. Still a 20 pin connector however there's now room for a 24 pin plug to dock with the extra 4 pins sitting to the side. eBay has the picos if you don't like Ali.

Hiya

How does the video board pictured work with the supergun is it integrated? Will you consider providing rgb video out screw terminals on supergun making

it easy to hookup an arcade monitor?

Definitely interested in all

The video board is a hat that sits on top. Attached a crappy pic as a loose demonstration.

There's exposed pads on the video board for raw unprocessed signals of RGBS as well as power and audio.

The sgun spits out RGB scart via DIN.

I'm thinking of changing the current Neo Geo style DIN to Mega Drive 2, 9 pin mini DIN. The connector is more compact and allows for stereo sound.

20180424_182002.thumb.jpg.bbed6845abf0f1a4164c3df272fcd200.jpg

This is the PICO I purchased. $20 landed from Aliexpress. It's 120W and outputs 4A on the +5V line.

1109 DC ATX PSU 12V 120W Pico ATX Switch Pico DC-DC PSU 20pin MINI ITX DC to ATX PC Power Supply For Computer

http://s.aliexpress.com/i67jeaIF

Output voltage was fine for what I threw at it, Neo Geo/Capcom/System16/PGM/Atomiswave etc.

If you want more power, you can spend more money and grab a 24 pin PICO with more grunt.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Thanks man.

Getting there, I keep making refinements which holds things up but I'm just about there. Couple of tweaks for the composite video circuit and I'm done.

Frank how are you going with all this mate?

If you need someone to assemble items for you let me know, ive got all the gear and a bit more free time at the moment.