IGNORED

Iron Maiden next from Stern

luke

Nobody has any further stories to tell with Iron Maiden or what we all moved over to DeadPool :)

- Con

Too busy playing it. Plus played almost perfect out of the box. And the code was almost complete out of the box. Plus it’s so freakin gorgeous I’m speechless.

So got nothing really to say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's usually how it goes, onto the next and the next......until you realise it's just a game that you want to replace with another

Nah, this game is genuinely different. One out of the box for Stern. Whether they can continue with future releases remains to be seen.

And that's what we usually hear until the next great title, but I'm not knocking you, and happy that you're enjoying the game, it's a smash hit for them but they will strive to do better to increase their market share and they will do better because not everyone will share the same enthusiasm for each game. I know of a die hard Iron Maiden fan who is second guessing a purchase for this machine simply because it hasn't lived up to his expectations. Edited by hotty

Not saying this game will last forever in my collection. Hasn’t happened yet in the 40 ish games I’ve owned. But it’s a genuinely unique and highly polished game that at the very least equals any game I’ve owned, and beats most.

Too busy playing it. Plus played almost perfect out of the box. And the code was almost complete out of the box. Plus it’s so freakin gorgeous I’m speechless.

So got nothing really to say.

I gotta say mate, I am with you on all counts. With all my pinball purchases this is the only pinball that has truly made so fun and addicting.

Best one in my collection I reckon.

- Con

Apologies if this is covered (can’t face reading back that many posts) :-) but I’ve snagged a premium in the next batch and wondering if the loop optos issue is common and if people are considering/buying the “upgrade kit” on pinball life?

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=5264

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Apologies if this is covered (can’t face reading back that many posts) :-) but I’ve snagged a premium in the next batch and wondering if the loop optos issue is common and if people are considering/buying the “upgrade kit” on pinball life?

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=5264

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Hey no need to apologize mate, congrats on the Premium. I haven't nor have my mates have had an issue with them.

I would wait until you get the game, grab a beer and crank it :)

- Con

I think this game works so well is that it was design outside Stern’s limitations and then Keith finished it off in the factory.

First time I played I said this does not feel like a stern game... and that’s coz it’s not!!!! [emoji106]

Oh who is not too impressed with maiden hotty? I'm yet to play it. A few people mentioned that I should play it before buying one.

He may have been referring to me. I've been talking about FeM for years, but I always said I'm not buying it until I play it... and like it. I sold my other two machines to fund it thinking I'm sure I'll like it, but I've played the pro at Pixel Alley a few times and wasn't impressed. I need to play the Prem/LE more but have only played it the once at Ryza's that night (thanks Ryza and Marty!).

I think my issue is I don't like music pins :unsure. I don't like any of them, even Metallica, and I've always been musical, djing and playing drums and now a bit of bass! The only music pin I don't mind playing is Aerosmith and I hate their music.

I need to play FeM more before pulling the trigger on a Prem. But I'm now waiting to see if Deadpool's a good game. I may buy that instead.

What's the general feeling out there on Pro V Premium?

I completely get those with the LE's feeling it's an absolute knock out of the park, but I probably haven't seen enough gameplay to know whether the sarcophagus lock, light show and other bits make the Premium the next best... when cost/value comes into play. The Pro to me is easily the better looking machine, but that counts for little when your playing. $2K though is still a decent chunk of cash.

What's the general feeling out there on Pro V Premium?

I completely get those with the LE's feeling it's an absolute knock out of the park, but I probably haven't seen enough gameplay to know whether the sarcophagus lock, light show and other bits make the Premium the next best... when cost/value comes into play. The Pro to me is easily the better looking machine, but that counts for little when your playing. $2K though is still a decent chunk of cash.

I'm definitely going to own this game one day and wondering if I should pay that little bit extra for the Premium, but I actually prefer the Pro cabinet and translite art....and that's a $2000 savings as well.

I've not played a Pro yet but I'm in love with the Premium and really enjoy the lift ramp and the left ramp ball lock features.

My kids won't play anything else and want to go downstairs and play it all the time. Their skills are coming on really well. 8yr old is dead bouncing, live catching, effectively nudging - won't be long before he's kicking his poor old Dad's arse!

video:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/2rTtSENFzatyXZwTA

I've not played a Pro yet but I'm in love with the Premium and really enjoy the lift ramp and the left ramp ball lock features.

My kids won't play anything else and want to go downstairs and play it all the time. Their skills are coming on really well. 8yr old is dead bouncing, live catching, effectively nudging - won't be long before he's kicking his poor old Dad's arse!

video:

Thats so fricken awesome!! Your kids got some skills!!

video:

We love seeing stuff like that, future No 1 pinball player for sure. That was definitely the right decision for your home. Well done mate!

Their skills are coming on really well. 8yr old is dead bouncing, live catching, effectively nudging - won't be long before he's kicking his poor old Dad's arse!

I can just imagine the news headline now Dan... "10yr old wins Brisbane Masters, beats players 6x his age!"