IGNORED

Iron Maiden next from Stern

luke

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me or does that Archer layout (rumoured for FeM) look a bit Twilight Zoney but in a standard width cab? :unsure

1a76e894e32f43caaebc1999a7dd29cbb2c8cfe3.jpg

Can you make up your mind which thread you're gonna post in.....jeeez

- - - Updated - - -

Pull ups, I think Sir Ryza does other types of pulling sometimes lol

What is this "Archer" layout that people keep referring to?

TL;DR version, just read the top of this re Iron Maiden.

http://thisweekinpinball.com/twip-when-will-we-see-iron-maiden-monster-bash-beatles-license-alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-updates-more/

It's rumoured that Keiths homebrewed Archer may be used for Iron Maiden because of the John T fiasco.

We'll find out within the next 12-24 hours...

Looks great, also great song list.

But (sorry), am I right in saying the only mechanical thing on the pro will be a 3 bank of drop targets!?!

Umm... should be reliable at least! ;)

Looks like they took all the mechs off archer on the pro, most likely why the scoop is gone.

Will be on the premium and LE I am guessing.

Impressed with the flow potential on this game. Double upper loops and ramps... Finally something different!

Wonder if the lock on the prem is behind the drops and feeds into the "scoop" that could be there bottom left..

Looks pretty slick. Artwork looks very professional. Going by the pictures, there seems to be less of the penny pinching we've seen recently. They even found enough money to afford a post with a rubber above the inlane divider…

Looks promising so far. Looking forward to playing it.

Michi.

Impressed with the flow potential on this game. Double upper loops and ramps... Finally something different!

Wonder if the lock on the prem is behind the drops and feeds into the "scoop" that could be there bottom left..

There was a scoop/hole under the middle ramp on archer, that will feed the scoop at a guess.

Left ramp lifted up to feed the missile launcher lock, which will be the tomb entrance and sarcophagus lock now...

Yeah will have to go back and watch that video. At this point I think this is Sterns best playfield in terms of flow/shots that they have made easily in the last 15 years. And NO BASH TOY!!!! thank god. Not sure if you can call the pyramid a bash toy btw...

- - - Updated - - -

There was a scoop/hole under the middle ramp on archer, that will feed the scoop at a guess.

Left ramp lifted up to feed the missile launcher lock, which will be the tomb entrance and sarcophagus lock now...

The Premium and Limited Edition (500 made) versions contain some additional, fancy features which we don’t have pictures of yet… But here’s how Stern describes them:

Interactive sarcophagus ball lock.

Motorized secret tomb entrance.

Controlled middle pharaoh laser-cut metal ramp that raises to reveal the underworld scoop.

Dual sensing Newton ball (This is pinball firmly mounted on the playfield that, when hit, transfers energy to a captive ball behind it).

Two custom Eddie sculpts.

While the Limited Edition alone features the following:

Battlefield themed hand drawn mirrored backglass, HD brushed foil battlefield cab art, shaker, invisa glass, art blades, JBL sound system with EQ, eddie shooter rod...

Yeah ok...

Edited by RGR

Playfield art is too busy in my opinion, but I'm sure it'll look fine in person. Thankfully though, they haven't 'done a Stern' and completely ****ed up the art - it actually looks really decent. The thing I'm most excited about though is that playfield design. It looks like it shoots great, and is unique and fresh.

Certainly looks like a winner. Scrapping the previous JT design looked like it worked out for the best in many ways.

I don't think I've ever been excited to play a game before from watching video of it, but this time I am. It looks the business.