Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Iron Maiden next from Stern

luke

Its interesting how much talk there is about Archer and rethemed Iron Maiden.

where, when and how did this speculation come about? Im guessing I have missed something here

Keith Elwin made his own machine

Archer. It was unlicensed. Just a home-brew game for him only.

Stern hired Keith.

And made Archer into iron maiden.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I forgot the home market may be flooding.... But were there really alot of ops buying and siting TSPP when it came out to justify it being the highest selling Stern? Iron Maiden is a playfield like no other and the players know it... Never said it was going to be the highest selling rather I think its possible..

TSPP is still one of the biggest earners in sites to this day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember when Kaneda was on AA and he was bagging Star Wars and saying “just you wait, the next Stern will blow that and everyone out of the water”

Was he talking about IMDN, does anyone know? I can’t believe he was talking about the next Stern chronologically, which was GOTG

I add, I’m in on an LE and am absolutely not trying to restart debate about Star Wars, Kaneda or anything else other than how great IMDN is looking

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Stern hired Keith.

ahhh ok, thats why the extra interest in this from non Maiden fans.

Probably would make a bit of sense to make a limited Archer pin seeing Iron maiden is technically the retheme, ok wow. and it looks like allot of interest is around the original pin it self? must have been a damn good home brew.

I can see why the talk, makes sense, thanks for the Information

Edited by jason1

I remember when Kaneda was on AA and he was bagging Star Wars and saying “just you wait, the next Stern will blow that and everyone out of the water”

Was he talking about IMDN, does anyone know? I can’t believe he was talking about the next Stern chronologically, which was GOTG

I add, I’m in on an LE and am absolutely not trying to restart debate about Star Wars, Kaneda or anything else other than how great IMDN is looking

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

I dunno. Ask kaneda. Oh wait you can't he is banned for being a troll c*nt :)

I remember when Kaneda was on AA

yup no one could forget that, it was such a lovely and friendly time

"just you wait, the next Stern will blow that and everyone out of the water”

ahaha thats like flipping a coin and predicting it wrong on the first flip then saying I wasnt talking chronologically lol ahaha

am absolutely not trying to restart debate about Star Wars, Kaneda or anything else other than how great IMDN is looking

you probably aren't But just to inform you,

Its like going onto a Jewish forum and saying Hitler was right. followed by, Im not here to cause shit lol

now lets forget this Bloke and his predictions and talk Iron Maiden Pinball again

Didn't mean to start a 'who's got a bigger one' contest between the band pins [emoji38]

But lets think about this objectively for a second....

Maiden is a band who have been touring relentlessly, and have a huge fan base, but ask a room full of 40 year olds (or younger) to name a song - the vast majority can't.

Have edited your post somewhat but above is exactly correct. A lot of the guys saying Iron Maiden is so huge are also big fans, which means looking objectively can be challenging - and I'm not bagging anyone here, just making a point.

I am a 40 Yr old male, enjoy music and have quite a few acdc and metallica albums. Do not own any Iron Maiden albums and can only name one song... (hope people don't think less of me ha ha).

I am certain if you asked a random sample of 100 people off the street, a very high percentage would know a number of acdc songs and know the style of their music, slightly less for metallica and less than 10% and maybe even below 5% of that random sample would know anything more about Iron maiden than that they are a metal band.

I don't disagree at all that this title will be awesome and quite popular, however it is not a mainstream or universally popular band like the other 2.

Another way to look at it would be if acdc and iron maiden were on site and Joe Public with little knowledge of pinball walks up, they would more likely put coins in acdc as the theme is more familiar to them. Sure they might also put a coin in Star Wars but after playing that a few times last night at Timezone I'm certain a lot of people would not put repeat coins as it is too unforgiving. Plenty of double side Drain's off the plunge made it unenjoyable.

Sent from my ALP-L29 using Tapatalk

Have edited your post somewhat but above is exactly correct. A lot of the guys saying Iron Maiden is so huge are also big fans, which means looking objectively can be challenging - and I'm not bagging anyone here, just making a point.

I am a 40 Yr old male, enjoy music and have quite a few acdc and metallica albums. Do not own any Iron Maiden albums and can only name one song... (hope people don't think less of me ha ha).

I am certain if you asked a random sample of 100 people off the street, a very high percentage would know a number of acdc songs and know the style of their music, slightly less for metallica and less than 10% and maybe even below 5% of that random sample would know anything more about Iron maiden than that they are a metal band.

I don't disagree at all that this title will be awesome and quite popular, however it is not a mainstream or universally popular band like the other 2.

Another way to look at it would be if acdc and iron maiden were on site and Joe Public with little knowledge of pinball walks up, they would more likely put coins in acdc as the theme is more familiar to them. Sure they might also put a coin in Star Wars but after playing that a few times last night at Timezone I'm certain a lot of people would not put repeat coins as it is too unforgiving. Plenty of double side Drain's off the plunge made it unenjoyable.

Completely disagree i went to the Melbourne concert in 2016 and there were plenty of people under 40 under 30 and under 20 my 2 kids were under 20 for example and they loved it. Plenty over 50 as well. Might be just the people that you associate with do not know much about them. The percentage was pretty even is what i am saying. Did you know that the book of souls there last album debut at no 2 in Australia. They will be still touring in 2019 so lets hope they add Australia to that again.

- - - Updated - - -

I may be wrong but am pretty sure that Maiden is the reason they had to cap concert crowds i think they had 300,000 in chile and then 250,000.

Stern hired Keith.

Yes, and to continue on from that, heaps of NON Iron Maiden fans on Pinside complained that is should have been Archer. But they bought it anyway cause it's such a great player.

Hence my comment of if Gary Stern was smart he'd make double sales by re-theming it to Archer once the FeM sales died off. The archer fans would sell their FeM's and buy archer.

Completely disagree i went to the Melbourne concert in 2016 and there were plenty of people under 40 under 30 and under 20 my 2 kids were under 20 for example and they loved it. Plenty over 50 as well. Might be just the people that you associate with do not know much about them. The percentage was pretty even is what i am saying. Did you know that the book of souls there last album debut at no 2 in Australia. They will be still touring in 2019 so lets hope they add Australia to that again.

- - - Updated - - -

I may be wrong but am pretty sure that Maiden is the reason they had to cap concert crowds i think they had 300,000 in chile and then 250,000.

On theme alone it applies to a small number (in the scheme of things) of rabid fans of the band.

This still means it could be the best seller they've ever had *if* those fans are into pinball, and have $13000 lying around that they want to spend on a machine. That remains to be seen, given their main fan base is in South America (small middle class), and Europe - with Europeans being further hampered by a lack of space.

I'm also turning 40 this year, and until recently I'd never even heard a Maiden song, and I was into metal in the 90s. Maiden was something my youngest uncle was into, 10 years older than me.

Don't kid yourself that the theme is awesome for the vast majority of people, it isn't.

- - - Updated - - -

There will always be a cross section of people at any event and that is not a random selection of people. It is possible that what you are observing is a product of confirmation bias. Definitely not having a go at you, just trying to be objective.

I'm not convinced number of people or type of people at a concert is a fair comparison between popularity of acdc or Metallica vs maiden which leads on to the discussion what we are having about a theme that has wide appeal. Since I have heard how Maiden puts on such an awesome show, I would attend if they put on a concert near me, but this doesn't mean I think it had more universal appeal than Acdc as a pinball theme, particularly to the general public.

And no, wasn't aware about that Album being no 2. Again, not convinced that is the best measure though about universal appeal. Didn't Pink Floyd have Dark Side of the Moon in the top 10 or 40 or something for 14 years? I love Pink Floyd but can't see it translating to an appealing theme for Pinball, regardless of how many albums they sold or popular they were.

Im sure Iron maiden will be a successful title, there is no doubt about that. so regardless of if it out sells or doesn't outsell ACDC or Metallica I Guess it doesn't matter, @Noob-A-Tron at the end of the day f--k commercial bands lol and you got the theme you wanted so the rest doesnt matter, a win for you Iron Maiden fans. I doubt Ill ever see a TOOL pinball lol

the Archer Element however seems to add a good chunk to its success layout wise, Its interesting part of this pinball, Im glad I asked what the deal was with that and looks like it might help it along Im sure

Edited by jason1
some less revelivence

I see everyone's point i just think Maiden are bigger in Europe than Metallica and ACDC. Curious hope someone can answer this what percentage of pinballs from Stern go to Europe on a rough estimate per theme?

- - - Updated - - -

@jason1 Tool thats funny. Once upon a time Metallica were not commercial i remember them being less heard of than Maiden until they got soft and released the black album and got radio time then they just grew.

Put it this way when Metallica toured in i think 89 in Adelaide i think it was 5000 max at that concert.

I see everyone's point i just think Maiden are bigger in Europe than Metallica and ACDC. Curious hope someone can answer this what percentage of pinballs from Stern go to Europe on a rough estimate per theme?

- - - Updated - - -

@jason1 Tool thats funny. Once upon a time Metallica were not commercial i remember them being less heard of than Maiden until they got soft and released the black album and got radio time then they just grew.

Put it this way when Metallica toured in i think 89 in Adelaide i think it was 5000 max at that concert.

Yer Allot has changed since the 80's they are huge now, Im not a fan of them well As teen I was but thats a long time ago.

Also dont knock TOOL, one of the most innovative bands of all time. Would be an amazing pinball but the age of which pin ballers are would probably mean they would not appreciate a title like that. lol

I can only dream lol

- - - Updated - - -

Metalicas best album was there first kill em all

I see everyone's point i just think Maiden are bigger in Europe than Metallica and ACDC.

I strongly doubt that. In Western Europe at least, you hear AC/DC songs playing in pubs and on the radio all the time. They are more even more popular over there than here.

Could you guys start another thread discussing the ins and outs of Music, whats rock, whats not, who's album sold the most, so on and so forth?

I come here for updates on the Maiden pin..;)

Sorry for being so blunt lol

• Administrators
I suppose now I've got to go and google Rick and Morty. while I'm at it may as well do beavis and Butthead I guess.

I feel with these cartoon titles they don't do that well (except for TSPP)

I like Archer, but its a niche.

Rick and Morty - another niche (I Think - doing research)

Family guy - well we know that one.

shrek - see above.

Toy story - lets wait and see I guess - speculation.

Rick and Morty is a cracking show mate, watch a couple of episodes to get into the swing or it.

@FLEX i posted a nice video link of the new Iron Maiden LE on Post# 1057 pretty much covers everything unless you have something to contribute i am all ears. Sorry for being blunt :)

Ok, so I just need to go back nearly 100 posts to get some of the latest info on the Maiden pin, I guess that kind of sums up my point lol.

I only post when I have something to say relevant to the thread title.

All im asking is for the thread to get back on track ;)