Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Iron Maiden next from Stern

luke

@KISS how’s the hip pocket nerve mate. Wasn’t this a no brainer buy for you also. Might have to sell the GnR :lol............oh that’s right :redface:redface

Scott, below the belt yet again:realmad::realmad::realmad: I’m sure I will see my beloved GNR again one day!!!:o:cry:unsure

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well just shy of 24hrs

Gotta keep the train rollin :D

IRON MAIDEN will be one of the most incredible pinball machine of all time

OKAY I can wish ;)

C'mon STERN deliver the goods

Been hangin for this for ever !

Enjoyed this Masterpiece tonight :cool:

Added to playlist !

Just FYI on prices, most recent price increases have been from Stern themselves not AMD. Prices have dropped in the past when exchange rates have improved but let's not forget that Stern were charging <US$4500 for a machine many moons ago when that last happened. The price of a new game was set in stone for years.

Like most importers, AMD hedges funds which means any change lower will occur when they next hedge them. If they're hedging a year in advance roll the clock back a year, that is the exchange rate they're trading at. It provides price certainty which is why importers do it.

Oh, one other thing. Back in the day, if you didn't pre-order the game AMD just didn't order them in. That's how it use to be. For a while there if you wanted a game you either got it air-freight or sea-freight individually. So the Aussie price was $7000 say, plus shipping. Air-freight being about $2200 at the time. Sea-freight was around $600 from memory.

I hope the Maiden faithful get a game that kicks arse!

• Administrators
Pricing arguments asde my wify gaonna killlllllll me!

Quoted from Ruthless People........

[trying to sell a new stereo system to a teenage couple... before he realizes they're expecting a baby] Ken Kessler: Check it out, my man! This is the Dominator X-10. Thirty inches of thigh-slapping, blood-pumping, nuclear brain damage!

Heavy Metal Kid: Bitchin'! Hey, what's it ****ing cost?

Ken Kessler: That's the bitchin' part about it! It don't matter! If you can't afford it, ****ING FINANCE IT!

[turns it on]

Ken Kessler: So what if it's as big as a Subaru and costs as much? You'll never have to trade this in! This is gonna be with you for the rest of your life! And when you die, they can BURY you in it!

Buy now.....pay the (marriage) price later.

Dave

I prefer studio recorded from most bands, However Maiden can cut it live !

Perhaps a greater version Rime ?

Bonus Track !

- - - Updated - - -

[trying to sell a new stereo system to a teenage couple... before he realizes they're expecting a baby] Ken Kessler: Check it out, my man! This is the Dominator X-10. Thirty inches of thigh-slapping, blood-pumping, nuclear brain damage!

Ken Kessler: That's the bitchin' part about it! It don't matter! If you can't afford it, ****ING FINANCE IT!

[turns it on]

Ken Kessler: So what if it's as big as a Subaru and costs as much? You'll never have to trade this in! This is gonna be with you for the rest of your life! And when you die, they can BURY you in it!

Dave

Classic movie

Edited by Ando77

[turns it on]

Dave

Ok. You don’t have to ask.

Yes I will take your Judge Dredd so that Iron Maiden fits in.

You’re welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Administrators
Ok. You don’t have to ask.

Yes I will take your Judge Dredd so that Iron Maiden fits in.

You’re welcome.

haha don't laugh, some shuffling will have to occur!

Dream set list !

STERN

Maiden 2018 :035:

The Trooper

Run to the hills

Can I Play with madness

2 Minutes to Midnight

Hallowed be thy name ( Wizard mode )

Wasted years

Fear of the dark

Wrathchild

Seventh son of a seventh son

Power slave

+ a couple of tracks from their newer albums would be awesome !

Capture.thumb.JPG.0ff5951549d1a02a8ee27ac3f341cd5a.JPG

Damn just ordered Luci, cant afford 2

- - - Updated - - -

In fairness to AMD the AUD is one of the most volatile major currencies in the world.

For example, the last major release was GOTG in October 17. Usd/aud was around 0.78 for most of October when AMD had to set the prices. AMD's price for GOTG LE IS $12300. Official Stern Usd price was $8999. Which was aud $11530 plus 10% GST and OS shipping. So should have been $13000+ for GOTG LE?

You can calculate the spot rate for aud today and say previous games are too expensive, but who knows what it's going to be when the next game is announced.

EDIT: admittedly, AMD's AC/DC Luci VE should have been a bit cheaper than it is, since Sterns was $200 cheaper, but I'm putting that down to "rarity/small run" and demand. But AMD are in business to make money, not to be a charity importer for Stern. If a game is hot, why not make a couple hundred more off it. Personally I think it's in everyone's interest they survive as they provide a service no other pinball distributors in Australia can match.

Sorry to derail with local pricing arguments again.

Agree on the price of Luci. Ordered one from AMD & got delivery & set up included and a little off the shaker motor, so theyre willing to give a little back, just not flexible on the actual pin price. Im assuming this is so they can maintain pricing at that level and not upset the sales of other pins still in stock or in thefuture. Again Im also assuming they dont hedge the cost so need to allow for small currency fluctuations between ordering & delivery

They do hedge. Whatever the current rate is is mostly irrelevant.

Exactly. When I worked for a major bank I was involved with importers who used a foreign exchange hedge to reduce their exposure or risk to adverse movements in the exchange rate of the foreign currency they were purchasing goods in i.e USD. The most common hedge I dealt with was a forward contract which would lock in an exchange rate today for a currency transaction (i.e purchase of goods) at a later/future date.

A lot of smaller importers would use a foreign currency account to pay for imported goods. They would purchase sums of foreign currency at an exchange rate on the day of purchase that they thought was favourable and it would be held at call in Australia in the foreign currency account to be pay for goods at a later time. If the current exchange rate at the time of purchase had fallen the importer in effect has saved money in the purchase of the goods but if the rate had risen the importer has in effect paid more the goods than if he had speculated and used the rate on the day of purchase.

Either way its about managing risk and stability. The same as why some mortgage holders choose to fix their home loan rate gives them stability and the comfort of knowing their repayments will be the same and they can budget accordingly.

Back on track, was not keen on buying another spike game but if Lyman is on code and art is good and layout is unique I am in.

Back on track, was not keen on buying another spike game but if Lyman is on code and art is good and layout is unique I am in.

I'm not keen on Iron Maiden, but it'd be hard to pass up if the ingredients are there. I'm just really really really hoping this one gets knocked out of the park. I'd hate for it to be a fizzer given how long Maiden fans have waited.

I'm not keen on Iron Maiden, but it'd be hard to pass up if the ingredients are there. I'm just really really really hoping this one gets knocked out of the park. I'd hate for it to be a fizzer given how long Maiden fans have waited.

Almost 5 years...

image.thumb.jpg.15fd543148086a2f717e565ccc44f3f7.jpg

Hoping it is not a re badging or has too many similarities to recent/previous Stern layouts. Kieth Elwin is rumored to be designing Iron Maiden so hopefully will implement some fresh ideas but he may be constrained by costs.