Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Pinballing on Hard Quiz

chopchop

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question 3: What pinball and what year had the longest flipper bats and how long were they?

I thought it might have been Hercules. Not sure the size of the flipper bats but from memory they were pretty big.

Though not a flipper bat as such the spinning flipper bat on Sterns 1979 Hot Hand was pretty long.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Jeff bridges = 3 TBL/IM/TRON

Arnold = 3 or more T2/T3/Last action hero/maybe predator not really produced also there where a small number of prototype Total Recall pins made but never put into production.

I would go with Harrison De Star Wars/ Sega Starwars / Stern Starwars / Williams Indy/ Stern Indy

That’s 5 production machines with his likeness, can’t think of anyone with more ???

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Question 1:What company in what year designed "zipper flippers" and what was the first game to use them? Bally 1969 Bazaar

Question 2:What game had the most sales with zippers? Capersville 5120 units sold

Question 3: What pinball and what year had the longest flipper bats and how long were they?

Michi was correct 1st it was Big Flipper 1970 @ 5 inches

- - - Updated - - -

Edited by hotty

What motion picture company owned Gotttlieb in 1984?
I reckon these are the types of questions to focus on. Watching a few episodes on iveiw, there always seems to be a few that are not direct topic knowledge but more a link from the topic to something in popular culture or commerce.

Good luck with it and please have some comebacks ready to fire back at Tom!

Sent from my ALP-L29 using Tapatalk

watching the show and seeing some of the varied topics of interest I reckon you'll be in a good situation with Pinball as yours, as long as you know the answers of course, to get them all....like how many people/other contestants really know that much on Pinnies? Rhetorical question.

Will a bagatelle question get asked?.........not really a pinball but pinball related.

When you told them your topic @chopchop , did you say 'Pinball' or Pinball machines from ......etc? Could make a difference to the questions the researchers will get Tom to ask.

I reckon they will ask something that other contestants will know, for example something like - what, usually a weight, hangs from a string or similar and is used as a reference line?

In what year was the first pinball machine patented?

Kind of Nos is a brand of Nitrous oxide made by holley

Do you correct people who refer to cooler as an esky or an insulated drink container as a thermos or a vacuum cleaner as a hoover or etc... I'm all for being a pedant, but most people understand that you mean Nitrous Oxide when you say NOS (or whip-its for that matter).

In what year was the first pinball machine patented?

That's an interesting trick question because all pinball companies copied each other, Nobody cared! Take Flippers for example, First used on a Gottlieb "Humpty Dumpty" never patented & every pinball machine today has them.