IGNORED

Candy cab appreciation thread. I want candy!

namastepat

32 minutes ago, namastepat said:

That's a steal. Someone in Sydney/Newcastle area should snap that up post haste. 

If it was like your one or my one, I would agree. 

Unfortunately, this is the clone of the chewlix - a ChewChewlix 😄 

This is the version that can't be rotated, the service doors aren't the same, the control panel isn't the same, the speaker area isn't the same - basically a cheaper version of the original chewlix. The game wizard on the other hard, that's the most legit chewlix out there

Posted (edited)

Reallly? I had no idea, it just looks like a Chewlix to me. I can see the differences with the panel above the CP, I just assumed that was a different model of Chewlix. I didn't even know there was a Chew-Chewlix :classic_biggrin:

Thanks for the heads up, I will keep a closer eye out now.

Edited by namastepat

On 26/04/2022 at 9:19 PM, 1.21 Gigawatts said:

I’ve seen @mR_CaESaR has some funky lighting going on in his arcade room. Maybe he can chime in?

Just noticed this tag - sorry for the late reply.

I use a combination of LIFX globes and the LIFX Beam in the arcade setup. Creates a nice ambient. Can also create a nice UV ambient too with the right colour selection that makes all the things that are fluorescent glow ie. Astro city side art, blast city/astro 100Y stickers and of course the green buttons.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, namastepat said:

Reallly? I had no idea, it just looks like a Chewlix to me. I can see the differences with the panel above the CP, I just assumed that was a different model of Chewlix. I didn't even know there was a Chew-Chewlix :classic_biggrin:

Thanks for the heads up, I will keep a closer eye out now.

Yeah there are. Shane from FB made this to make it easier for people to identify

Proper chewlix

spacer.png

And the cheaper chewlix is on the right

spacer.png

Edited by mR_CaESaR
  • Like 6

On 30/04/2022 at 5:47 PM, 1.21 Gigawatts said:

Pyongyanglix? 😜

image.jpeg.231aaf9c8d6599edc41eba93aec2b2cf.jpeg

Nothing wrong with that in my opinion. Some legit wood working skills there for an early demo.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 30/04/2022 at 5:47 PM, 1.21 Gigawatts said:

Pyongyanglix? 😜

image.jpeg.231aaf9c8d6599edc41eba93aec2b2cf.jpeg

Hahah that was well and truly before there was anything on the market 🙂

I spent hours with arcadeworx to sort that out.. Down to the mm from the edge of the control panel to where the joystick was 

The moment I got my chewlix, I got rid of that one to make room for a second chewlix. 

Also, that was over 10 years ago 😄

Edited by mR_CaESaR

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, mR_CaESaR said:

Hahah that was well and truly before there was anything on the market 🙂

I spent hours with arcadeworx to sort that out.. Down to the mm from the edge of the control panel to where the joystick was 

The moment I got my chewlix, I got rid of that one to make room for a second chewlix. 

Also, that was over 10 years ago 😄

I know 😛. I wonder where it got to? I was trying to find a picture of a sketchy home made one but couldn’t. The mdf version there was probably harder to fabricate than the original. 

Edited by 1.21 Gigawatts

Now I’m retired and enjoying my freedom of gaming at the age 52😂😂😂.

Here’s a picture of a line up I have of some machines in my collection in one part of the room..

2DFA4536-BA55-49D1-ADA7-A231199DD599.jpeg

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...

Do any of you folks know where I can get a single AMP UP 3 connector like in the link. I can get a 100 bag from Element 14 or a single from Gate90 but hoping someone’s bought one before locally along with the pins required.  It’s so I can tap power off a Blast City IO to power a console.  Cheers guys. 

https://gateninety.com/product/amp-up-connector-3-male-contacts/

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, 1.21 Gigawatts said:

Do any of you folks know where I can get a single AMP UP 3 connector like in the link. I can get a 100 bag from Element 14 or a single from Gate90 but hoping someone’s bought one before locally along with the pins required.  It’s so I can tap power off a Blast City IO to power a console.  Cheers guys. 

https://gateninety.com/product/amp-up-connector-3-male-contacts/

https://g.co/kgs/XigG8Q

Check these guys out..

I get all my parts from them when I need them..

Edited by dragonlee
  • Thanks 1

Reporting back with findings on my blacklight quest. Didn't want to pay the "Aussie Tax" on eBay for a B22 bulb, so just ordered a B22 to E27 adapter and a blacklight bulb from Aliexpress. I opted for a 40w bulb.

bulb.thumb.JPG.38913d80c7a1b27da48f7fc7500c0574.JPG

Here's my space with just the the UV bulb, the camera catches much more of the effect that is visible. You can see the reaction it has on the white of the posters.

bulb2.thumb.JPG.fa06eccf763b349a7b15d4f4d812a768.JPG

Here's the space with just the UV bulb.

UV_ONLY.thumb.JPG.ae619e0bbf2d7224e374ab6038b9b945.JPG

Same space with UV Bulb and a Blue LED strip behind the cabs. Pretty much the perfect amount of ambient lighting I wanted in there. Haven't had a chance to fire up all the cabs, but I'm sure it will look great.

670028898_UVLED.thumb.JPG.b40fe69a442170aca786e49298dffed8.JPG

Wanted to bring some light (no pun intended) to the Seimitsu Keikou buttons and balltops and show how they react to the Blacklight. Have a look at the Yellow P1/P2 start buttons which have zero reaction.

keikou_1.thumb.JPG.ef51a701e5f6c9739d39b0fd2339fe40.JPG

keikou_2.thumb.JPG.03b053f6ae26b6ebb52f8dc424824338.JPG

keikou.thumb.JPG.e356382b498de7eeca1e46726264219e.JPG

Here's some standard Seimitsu Balltop/Buttons:

seimitsu_2.thumb.JPG.d507d89af583f98748e62c736c8e2049.JPG

• Like 6

Posted (edited)

I kinda like the bulb just hanging there honestly… if I do see something interesting I’ll jump at it though. I think i have to replace the fitting to hold a cover…

Edited by djsheep
  • Like 1

Looking to add another Astro City or an Aero  to the collection and wondering if anyone has imported cabs from Japan (Yahoo). Is it any easier/Cheaper than Yaton?

Cheerz

Read above a few pages mate.  In short, yes people have done it, it costs more from Japan, the cabs are likely in better condition from Japan, but you have to organise shipping yourself which is a pita and increasingly expensive.

I would personally not even consider importing an Astro.  It would we way cheaper to buy one locally, and you can inspect it.  By the time you get a cab here, you could guarantee a cheaper Astro in the same or better condition would be available locally.

Aeros on the other hand, you probably don’t have much choice.

• Like 4

I just finished importing an Aero from Japan, as well as getting another Aero from QLD a few months back… both now live with another member on here.

I agree with dzhay, get an Astro locally.

Just be aware that Aeros are over 34 years old and typically will have burnt screens and rust..etc, you pretty much need to consider doing a restore for almost any aero you buy.

You ideally want to budget $3k to get an aero landed, and then more on top to fix its issues and restore 👍

• Like 1