IGNORED

Candy cab appreciation thread. I want candy!

namastepat

7 hours ago, namastepat said:

Anyone get the $1000 Astro in Brisbane today? It was on Facebook marketplace. I sent it to a mate and it was already sold by the time he hit the link.

I messaged, no response.  Nice astro city 2.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, namastepat said:

Anyone get the $1000 Astro in Brisbane today? It was on Facebook marketplace. I sent it to a mate and it was already sold by the time he hit the link.

Damn that was quick. I would have jumped into that too lol. 

I just ducked out on lunch to inspect it.

DO NOT BUY THIS CAB!

Totally dodgy. No original parts inside, shitty wei-ya chassis with a TV tube, PC power supply running an old Games Family board that wasn't booting, badly sanded and painted, dodgy 240v conversion, and some super weird non standard back on the cab that had giant fins on it. I wish I took photos, but I was in a huge rush to get back to work. The fins were like the front fins on an Exceleena, but running down the back of the cab, and fucking huge. It would mean you'd never be able to push the cab up against a wall due to those fins.

Heed my advice. No one wants this cab.

EDIT: Just did some research on the Astro 2 (what this cab was) and those fins are standard apparently. The fuck? Anyway, you still don't want to buy it 🙂

Edited by namastepat
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, namastepat said:

DO NOT BUY THIS CAB!

Totally dodgy. No original parts inside, shitty wei-ya chassis with a TV tube, PC power supply running an old Games Family board that wasn't booting, badly sanded and painted, dodgy 240v conversion, and some super weird non standard back on the cab that had giant fins on it. I wish I took photos, but I was in a huge rush to get back to work. The fins were like the front fins on an Exceleena, but running down the back of the cab, and fucking huge. It would mean you'd never be able to push the cab up against a wall due to those fins.

EDIT: Just did some research on the Astro 2 (what this cab was) and those fins are standard apparently. The fuck? Anyway, you still don't want to buy it 🙂

I was quite close in getting it too, but seeing your comments mean I dodged a bullet....... Thanks for that!

May have to bite the bullet and get a NNC imported from Tops instead. Will be paying double, but I trust Tops.

Edited by klee123

27 minutes ago, namastepat said:

DO NOT BUY THIS CAB!

You are a total champion for reporting that back.

Depends what you really want tbh... if you want an astro, you just have to be patient.

An astro in 15khz is no joke.. (I personally prefer the ms8 over the ms9 but that's just me).

The NNC is pretty bloody amazing too in 15khz but excels the best in 31khz - dolphin blue I think has been the nicest looking game so far I've tested. However, the NNC doesn't have the same "timeless" design as the Astro or the Blast City. Also, to get 15khz on the NNC means you either need the river service harness or add an extra expense of the jammafier. The room inside the NNC also isn't as roomy as a blast or an astro for pcbs.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mR_CaESaR said:

Depends what you really want tbh... if you want an astro, you just have to be patient.

An astro in 15khz is no joke.. (I personally prefer the ms8 over the ms9 but that's just me).

The NNC is pretty bloody amazing too in 15khz but excels the best in 31khz - dolphin blue I think has been the nicest looking game so far I've tested. However, the NNC doesn't have the same "timeless" design as the Astro or the Blast City. Also, to get 15khz on the NNC means you either need the river service harness or add an extra expense of the jammafier. The room inside the NNC also isn't as roomy as a blast or an astro for pcbs.

Yeah I do mainly intend to play 15khz mainly, so it's likely going to be wasted on the NNC, although I do intend to get a Naomi setup eventually. 

1 hour ago, namastepat said:

DO NOT BUY THIS CAB!

You’re doing the Lord’s work Pat

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Heads up to anyone who wants a vs city. One is working and the other has faults. Comes with a Namco system 256 too... 

These cabs are way too big for me personally, but if you have the space... 

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/whitfield/video-games/two-sega-vs-city-arcade-machines/1283850997?utm_source=whatsapp&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=android_VIP_sticky

Edited by klee123

4 minutes ago, mR_CaESaR said:

Hahaha that would irk me too 🤣🤣

Time to pull those cabs that extra 100mm forward hahaha 

And lose 100mm of width in the room? No way, I need all the space I can muster 🙂

So awesome Pat.  Looks mad even if it protrudes a bit. I would love an aero city (or a room full of 20 of them).

I'm probably out of the market for the immediate future, but bringing in a container of aeros would be a real community service given how rare they are here (but there's quite a lot o/s). 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, namastepat said:

I spent last night out in the garage shuffling around cabs to slot the Aero into the lineup. It bugs me how it sticks out more than the other cabs 🤣

Haha, yep would bug me too.

I would just put it at one of the ends so it is not as obvious?