IGNORED

Candy cab appreciation thread. I want candy!

namastepat

Nice! Noirs are definitely great cabs. My only issue with mine are the 720p monitors. They'll do for 360 and ttx2 games.. But one day they'll need to be upgraded to 1080p monitors. 

Japan freight is crazy atm.. Actually every freight is. 

Who knows... I'm guessing his warehouse people may have gone, we need you out in 1 month. 

He's said it wasn't financial, purely logistic issues.

It's a sad day for arcade the ppl over there as he was a big part of the importing community over there. 

3 minutes ago, mR_CaESaR said:

Who knows... I'm guessing his warehouse people may have gone, we need you out in 1 month. 

He's said it wasn't financial, purely logistic issues.

It's a sad day for arcade the ppl over there as he was a big part of the importing community over there. 

Not financial - that’s good then. I thought maybe he got a tax bill or similar that blew his mind. He always seems a lot more stressed in his A-P posts that his YouTube vids where he’s chilled out. I bet he’s up and running again before six months if it’s just a moving warehouse thing. He told me it would be easier to buy from him if we in Aust just got a container in. Easier said than  done but food for thought. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well I just ended up screwing them into the plastic holes. The supplied screws (from Akishop I recall) were a bit bigger than the hole. I went for Astro inspired colours and am trying bat tops with 2lb spring and 1mm oversized actuators. AF4943A2-5C0D-43CA-BAB8-922409EEF40E.thumb.jpeg.50b0c4cbed3340984565919770bc7959.jpeg

Edited by 1.21 Gigawatts
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mR_CaESaR said:

Nice! Is this imported? 

You don't see many lindberghs our way

It was imported from JP originally but not by me. Pretty much as it came so I’ll need a 240/110v step down. I will be hitting you guys up with questions I expect and A-P too which has a growing following as you know. 

Hiya friends,

Hope you're all keeping safe and well.

Outside of filtering through this thread and others on AA, I'm wondering if there are any recommended learning resources you can point me to (E.g. articles, blogs, videos etc.). I'm looking at dipping my toe into the world of Candy Cabs and am hoping for an overview of the basic system hardware and what each part does. Not every specific component, just those specific to CCs.

I might have the opportunity to purchase a Naomi or Net City and would like to know what I need to start playing games. As a preface, I'm really into 'fighters' and would love to start with some SF Alpha 2 or Alpha 3 if possible. 

Many thanks and apologies if I am rehashing old conversations/discussions. Happy to be redirected elsewhere!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, juswri said:

Hiya friends,

Hope you're all keeping safe and well.

Outside of filtering through this thread and others on AA, I'm wondering if there are any recommended learning resources you can point me to (E.g. articles, blogs, videos etc.). I'm looking at dipping my toe into the world of Candy Cabs and am hoping for an overview of the basic system hardware and what each part does. Not every specific component, just those specific to CCs.

I might have the opportunity to purchase a Naomi or Net City and would like to know what I need to start playing games. As a preface, I'm really into 'fighters' and would love to start with some SF Alpha 2 or Alpha 3 if possible. 

Many thanks and apologies if I am rehashing old conversations/discussions. Happy to be redirected elsewhere!

This is one place to have a read. Not exhaustive but decent. 

https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Main_Page

I think forums and YouTube will get you a fair way too.  Tracking down the manuals for the cabinets as well. 

• Like 1

Replaced the Exceleena 2 (gutted) with this Exceleena 1 (original). Replacement Joysticks and buttons to be sourced!

Need my MiSTercade already so I can run some vertical games! Until then I'm just glad it's siting there.

Exceleena.jpg

Edited by gsuttor
Wording
  • Like 7

My Exceleena will always be my fave candy cab, they have such an awesome design. Super accessible for servicing as well, with the hinge up front panel to access the monitor. Only drawback to the cabs is no rear access door.

On 07/09/2021 at 11:10 AM, namastepat said:

My Exceleena will always be my fave candy cab, they have such an awesome design. Super accessible for servicing as well, with the hinge up front panel to access the monitor. Only drawback to the cabs is no rear access door.

If I want to replace those MCA joysticks, what's the original Seimitsu model that went on these?

EDIT: I think I foudn the answer in one of your old posts. Seimitsu sticks, LS-40

Edited by gsuttor
UPDATE