IGNORED

Candy cab appreciation thread. I want candy!

namastepat

Egret ergonomics isnt as comfortable for me. I think they are great though, love the NAC.

@gsuttor did you use the mistercade or did you do you're own. I am interested in doing my own, so would love to know how you went about it.

I've pre-ordered the MiSTercade but they are not in production or available as a release yet (only to beta-testers). The first I get will go into my Cyberlead as it's only JAMMA edge (as far as I know?) which will work perfectly for MiSTercade.

In the Exceleena 2 I've tested the direct video output from the MiSTer (15khz HDMI to D-Sub) and depending on the core, because it's outputting direct singal, some freak out the chassis.

This video demonstrates some issues I;m asking about on the Mister forum to work out if it's the chassis or MiSTer having the issue.

I think in the end I might put the I/O board, Jpac, and another MiSTer (not mistercade) into this one ONLY if the issue are ironed out. Otherwise I def need that JAMMA RGB working and another MiSTercade, which honestly, is the easiest solution.

• Like 1

It was. Has the weirdest D-Sub input to the CRT/Chassis, must be 15kHz but get this, it's ONLY working through the D-Sub but on the 60-1 it's set to 15kHz dips (JAMMA edge video). So how is that even working unless the 15kHz is also pumped out of the D-Sub. BUT without the D-sub connected there is no video from the edge. So will be pulling it out sometime this week to check out what's going on. Original Toshiba tube but the chassis has been replace with some tri-sync Wei-ya but not sure it's all 100% as setting the dips to 31kHz is no dice with he chassis. (that constant clicking trying to work?) Also crapping pin cushioning.

I'm thinking with a HDMI to D-Sub I can get 15kHz out of a MiSTer FPGA (read that somewhere). Will see in time.

I have a 25" tri-res weiya but mine has this connector for when using 15k games from the jamma connector. You will probably the rgb from the edge connector is not connected to anything.

aac7aff4361fd6b321a5e5bf044e28d4.thumb.jpg.4aa6609c4f3dd561d6abf8c5b98654b7.jpg

@DRAGONKZ for the CPS multi systems I would just pick something you like the look of to be honest. I have my CPS2 multi in my Exceleena and think it looks great there. A rotation mech isn't the worst choice but so far I've never bothered to flip it... I have a CPS1 multi-like solution hopefully arriving on a slow boat from Romania but will likely just mount that in my lowboy for BS nostalgia reasons.

Not sure if anyone is interested but I included a photo of my two working candies. I started out only interested in wooded cabinets because that was what I remembered from my childhood mostly but after working on an Exceleena I really started to love Candies more. Have those two now, another exceleena in pieces (my working one was a composite of two meh ones) and an Egret 29 shell I cant decided if I should just sell on. I'm a bit jealous of the Exceleena 2. Would love one.

ecbfb106aa059b76134fedf9394cbabe.thumb.jpg.42b3133945cacbc7884c26cd1248f6c8.jpg

• Like 5

Just a quick question, especially since some of you have been in possession of candy cabs for much longer than me, but has anyone ever seen/heard of a Taito canary being in Australia?

Nope, literally never seen one here. Doesn't mean there aren't any here, but they are super uncommon.

We got Taito cabs, but mainly Egrets. Most of the candy that made its way to Australia seemed to be Sega and Namco. They are the ones that seem to come up most often.

Thanks, didn't think so.

It's funny though, becuase I hadn't ever seen an MVS U4 here until one went up on marketplace for like 10 seconds last year (?), another person on a-p has one (possible the same one), leo clearly has a few... There's always hope.

Thanks, didn't think so.

It's funny though, becuase I hadn't ever seen an MVS U4 here until one went up on marketplace for like 10 seconds last year (?), another person on a-p has one (possible the same one), leo clearly has a few... There's always hope.

Do you want another Mvs U4 ?:)

Do you want another Mvs U4 ?:)

Yes, but I am trying to be patient for something that I don't have to become available. Plus I'm still trying get parts for the one I've got, and get it powdercoated etc etc.

Yes, but I am trying to be patient for something that I don't have to become available. Plus I'm still trying get parts for the one I've got, and get it powdercoated etc etc.

What parts are you after ?

The MS9 is dual resolution: 15khz and 24khz. Some models automatically switch but more commonly you have to switch a wire on the chassis.

MiSTer outputs at the native resolution of the core over the VGA. So you’ll be able to play anything 15/24.

Cores like Amiga, PC, Vectrex, x68k, etc. won’t work on 15khz.

You’re pretty much set with the arcade/console stuff though.

• Like 1

Hey thread members - I was considering lobbying Arcade King to create a sub forum in arcade - “Candy Cabs�. We could have this thread and all the other other Candy topics in there including restos and tech questions. I honestly don’t read anything else except pinball and Candy Cab related posts so would love to have a one stop shop for this subject matter. Thoughts?
  • Like 1

What parts are you after ?

I'm after the card reader/headphone port board and cable, the credit counter board cable and the bracket that holds the ashtray holder on. I'm also going to put in the marquee that appears not to actually come with the machine originally. All the electronics are being reproduced by a guy in the UK, but I'd rather buy original and local.

Hey thread members - I was considering lobbying Arcade King to create a sub forum in arcade - “Candy Cabs�. We could have this thread and all the other other Candy topics in there including restos and tech questions. I honestly don’t read anything else except pinball and Candy Cab related posts so would love to have a one stop shop for this subject matter. Thoughts?

I don't really think it is necessary. Candy cabs are just arcades, so I am happy for them to be in the arcade section. This thread is kind of the one stop shop for candy discussion as it is.

@djsheep Sweet thanks. Arcade era is all I want - up to latest Cave stuff if that’s looking possible.

Yep. The CV1K Cave PCBs work fine or you can hook up a Xbox 360 either through a JAMMAizer for 480i or via a Ultracade UVC downscaled to 240p too if you don’t want a mortgage for the PCBs these days.

• Like 1

Yep. The CV1K Cave PCBs work fine or you can hook up a Xbox 360 either through a JAMMAizer for 480i or via a Ultracade UVC downscaled to 240p too if you don’t want a mortgage for the PCBs these days.

I have the Xbox solution but keen if they get them up and running on the mister.

I have the Xbox solution but keen if they get them up and running on the mister.

All the Cave stuff on MiSTer outputs the video signal perfectly like the PCB. I’ve had all Cave cores running side by side on a MiSTercade with the original PCBs on two Astro’s with no difference in visual quality.

The CV1K stuff, if it ever happens is native to 240p also. You won’t need to do much to get it rolling in a cab, just get a Jamma to MiSTer adapter.

• Like 1

All the Cave stuff on MiSTer outputs the video signal perfectly like the PCB. I’ve had all Cave cores running side by side on a MiSTercade with the original PCBs on two Astro’s with no difference in visual quality.

The CV1K stuff, if it ever happens is native to 240p also. You won’t need to do much to get it rolling in a cab, just get a Jamma to MiSTer adapter.

If they ever get the CV1K stuff running, I will be all over Mister like a rash. However, until then, GroovyMAME for me, as Mister can't currently run the high end games that require more processing power.