Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Candy cab appreciation thread. I want candy!

1 hour ago, DKong said:

Do you know if these are slightly ok? Just looking at getting a couple been trying to get an ASTRO for years and just gave up, now have a mate getting into the hobby and thinking it may maybe a good entry 29" JAMMA and thinking of buying a couple.

Sorry I've only read about these models but generally it's stated the monitor/chassis are kinda low quality and to expect it be on the level of any other clone candy. Highway has two or three listed as mostly working with a couple small issues. So yeah it could be a good entry considering the prices of other cabinets, you just need to keep expectations to the price point.

1 hour ago, Gehirn said:

Sorry I've only read about these models but generally it's stated the monitor/chassis are kinda low quality and to expect it be on the level of any other clone candy. Highway has two or three listed as mostly working with a couple small issues. So yeah it could be a good entry considering the prices of other cabinets, you just need to keep expectations to the price point.

Thanks appreciate the feed back, what I would expect for a $400 cab, presume the buttons and joysticks could be changed out.

Thanks again for replying

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DKong said:

Do you know if these are slightly ok? Just looking at getting a couple been trying to get an ASTRO for years and just gave up, now have a mate getting into the hobby and thinking it may maybe a good entry 29" JAMMA and thinking of buying a couple.

You ask if they are slightly ok, you aren't asking much, so yes. Some of them turn on and can play, but they all need work. That is why they are cheap.

16 hours ago, Gehirn said:

Yeah they can. More jnfo, review, photos, etc here. https://www.hard--candy.com/wiki/candy/CWC-203

Cool,

Seems to be what I and a friend are after, apparently Highway don't offer freight costs, as previous freight company damaged too many shipments.

Can anyone recommend the best way to get a couple of these down to Tassie please

Cheers

6 hours ago, JustAnotherRat said:

You ask if they are slightly ok, you aren't asking much, so yes. Some of them turn on and can play, but they all need work. That is why they are cheap.

When you say work, like cosmetic ? or actually monitor work ? I see they have some funky voltage thing going on so not sure if that's what you mean ?

Also I am ok to swap Joysticks and buttons to better ones if that's what you mean or wiring harness.

At that price, that'd be everything.

Monitor work, cosmetic work, I would say wiring work too.. Whilst I understand it's "cheap", it'll probably end up being a money pit as spare parts aren't so readily available, who knows what 29" chassis is in them (hopefully jomac will service it)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, namastepat said:

Private group, so I can't see it. What's the location and details? Price is definitely cheap, but I assume at that price, it needs a lot of work.

Melton, Victoria mate.

Details as follows:

"Excelleena blue for sale
Been sitting looking at it for too long
Needs a lot of work on the front,as seen in the picture, not bad otherwise
Everything is there apart from a control panel and original power supply
Pick up only from Melton
Can come with the 29 inch tube if you want it
$350 firm or I'll just keep it
Please message me for anymore info
Cheers, and thanks for looking"

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DKong said:

When you say work, like cosmetic ? or actually monitor work ? I see they have some funky voltage thing going on so not sure if that's what you mean ?

Also I am ok to swap Joysticks and buttons to better ones if that's what you mean or wiring harness.

I asked the technician if in his opinion the monitor faults I could see would be fixed with a degauss and they said that they think it would help but they expect that there is more going on. The cabs are rough and the joysticks/buttons worked but would benefit with replacing. 

I went there with the hope of taking one home but left them not wanting a project.

• Like 1

A bit of progress today. I got back a Blast City CP from the powdercoater. It was on my Windy II when I got it. It had some mild rust starting so I decided to get it re-coated.  I got the new overlay on, holes cut, buttons installed and joysticks fitted. I also put in a repro instruction space. I’m trying out the Blunderbus delrin bullet tops I got from @xb74 CQB Arcade. The machine isn’t quite up and running yet as I need to troubleshoot some monitor issues. But it’s coming along as to how I want it.

50BB1968-A359-414A-9438-72070706BDDF.thumb.jpeg.ee649bc17e7451e82bace8c1013f28ff.jpeg
Original panel

6DDA1B77-F9C3-458D-8308-F5B35B31F23E.thumb.jpeg.9dcae51f9629232b72478136ec6e75f4.jpeg
Blast overlay removed  

1D8487A7-5224-49F4-8F8E-CDFC5D0F3A12.thumb.jpeg.9b0b682a5e0e51f15cb9f3c43f4614ff.jpeg
With new powdercoat (appliance white) 

9B9AF92A-7830-463E-A73D-1CC3CBC62FD8.thumb.jpeg.4741b97cd8ee1c2abf021a1178afe354.jpeg
LS-33s and Sanwa buttons  

FD9E9522-2D26-4682-A881-2570DB9CFF37.thumb.jpeg.41196ff7f9de27dd78f60ffc21f1a22d.jpeg
Final install  

C8F3C18E-E6E1-4654-9124-350E21254A08.thumb.jpeg.b77eb697e236cee6bbabc5ea75b7abea.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I also received an Aussie Raiden Fighters PCB from a Gumtree purchase. Goes great on the Blast City, although the width adjustment was maxed out on the monitor adjustment and it’s still 2cm clear on each side. It was also glitching out a bit so I cranked up the 5v. It’s still only reading 4.75 at the testing points near the Jamma edge, but seems fine now. 
628FF954-78A8-461D-87AF-8AAFF0DBA990.thumb.jpeg.296c540f436d8956905ca54dc9e97db6.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Yeah that's a 2931.

You should be able to increase the maximum limit (Horizontal Size Limit or Vertical Size Limit) using the factory menu (not the extended menu) - just be careful in this menu, or at least take notes with what you start with

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, namastepat said:

And even that is pretty much top dollar for an Atomiswave. It's a nice looking one for sure, but they are 2k tops usually.

Ok will pass that on to him. 

Will upload some pictures of his egret2 he wants to off load aswell. 

What is the market for one of them 2.5k?