Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Candy cab appreciation thread. I want candy!

I've got a copy of the price list from AGI and he asked me to post it up here in case anyone else was after anything?!

Sea freight is obviously pretty costly right now, so anyone after anything may be best off teaming up with each other and trying to get reduced shipping prices!

Enjoy!

AGI PRICE LIST 121721.pdf

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’ve bought an aero city and a gun bullet from AGI and am using the shipping option another member on here suggested to me.

For what it’s worth both have been good to deal with and been accomodating. A friend of @mR_CaESaR has even gone and met the guy who runs AGI in person in Japan and only had positive things to say!

It’s costing me approx $1100 AUD for shipping/customs/duties…etc per cabinet from AGI’s door to a depot in VIC.

It will be cheaper to buy your typical Sega cabinets locally, but if there is no stock then I guess you personally weigh up if the extra $$ to import is worth it.

I decided to give it a go as the cabinets I’ve bought are typically never for sale here or are very hard to find.

• Like 2

Yeah there sure is, I wasn’t in the market for one but @mR_CaESaR wants one so I bought it… worse case I just hang on to it until he is ready for one (or if he changes his mind I just flip it)

Some of the local JAP shipping costs were the same regardless of the qty of items being moved so it seemed dumb to only buy 1 cabinet.

If there was enough interest to buy 15-20 cabinets in one hit I’m sure the shipping price would look much more attractive!

This has been up for a day or more now, and I am surprised the ad hasn't been taken down. The seller is likely being hammered with enquiries as the price is a total bargain these days.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/underwood/other-video-games-consoles/sega-astro-city-arcade-cabinet/1287894736?utm_source=messenger&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=android_VIP_sticky

Anyone on here angling to get it? It's close to me, and I saw it when it got listed, but I have no room and no more need for another Astro. Has the common control panel crack as well, which always puts me off. 

EDIT: HAH! As I posted this, the ad got removed. Did anyone on here get it? It was an $800 original Astro City in pretty good shape aside from the CP crack. Original wiring and what looked to be the original monitor also. I sent it to a few mates, but they didn't hear back from the seller.

Edited by namastepat
  • Like 1

I tried to get it, but ended up missing out. The seller couldn't wait 2 weeks for Bill to be available again and I don't have the means to transport it myself(along that I start work today). Was going to get someone with a Ute to move it for me, but since today is raining, I had doubts too.

I should have paid right away though as he would have kept it for me for a short while. Guess it's one of those cases of I snooze and I lose lol.

Edited by klee123

3 minutes ago, klee123 said:

I tried to get it, but ended up missing out. The seller couldn't wait 2 weeks for Bill to be available again and I don't have the means to transport it myself(along that I start work today).

I should have paid right away.

Bugger 😞 As soon as I saw it I knew there would be a bunch of people scrambling to get it. I hope it goes to a good home.

I’ve had mixed results. Either alerts are doing nothing even when I can see new listings pop up when I check manually, or I’m getting spammed with dozens of emails all day when someone posts a vaguely relevant item

• Like 1

Hi guys, I'm securing a couple NNC cabs from Nishi and have another friend locally doing the same so we are splitting the shipping costs.

Is anyone here keen to order some candy cabs that lives in Melbourne so we can split the costs even further?  Would be way cheaper splitting 3,4 even 5 ways. 

Cheers!

9 hours ago, George G said:

Hi guys, I'm securing a couple NNC cabs from Nishi and have another friend locally doing the same so we are splitting the shipping costs.

Is anyone here keen to order some candy cabs that lives in Melbourne so we can split the costs even further?  Would be way cheaper splitting 3,4 even 5 ways. 

Cheers!

I'd be keen depending on timeframe.

Nishi is a Candy cab dealer from Japan I'm guessing?