Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Candy cab appreciation thread. I want candy!

Yeah those ones from gatenintey are repros. 

I went on a mad tokenpocalypse spree a few months ago 😂😂 - ended up costing a bit, especially for shipping, but I've got all the tokens I need/want

300x Namco (both variations of small and large) 

200x taito (only larger ones) 

400x capcom 

1000x Sega 

• Like 1

I ordered decals for my Aero City from Gateninety on the 10th October, still waiting for them to arrive 😞 They have been sent via Belgium Post at around that shipping price, so I expected them to be relatively fast. However, when going onto the Belgium Post tracking site, it says that due to COVID, delays of 2 weeks will be in place for Australia. Totally sucks 😞 I am refreshing the tracking page everyday to see if there is progress.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, dzhay1981 said:

Are either of the Sega or taito tokens interchangeable with a 100 yen coin?

22.6mm according to the website. 

Which is the same as 100 yen coins, but they did claim the tokens are slightly lighter. 

I've given up trying to get 100 yen coins, so this should be good. 

1 hour ago, 1.21 Gigawatts said:

Have you guys got any feedback on the Super Neo 29? I saw one on GT a few months ago and kind of wished I’d jumped in. Pros and cons against usual Sega and Taito’s? 

I’ve got a 29 type 2. Absolutely love it! It’s my mame cab so it cops a thrashing. The plastic monitor surround has yellowed which is normal. But it’s the metal parts of the cab (access doors etc) where it shines. A servicemen’s dream! Rear hatch is pure class. Also the wooden game board sits horizontal as opposed to vertical which is pretty sweet 🤙

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tonjo said:

I’ve got a 29 type 2. Absolutely love it! It’s my mame cab so it cops a thrashing. The plastic monitor surround has yellowed which is normal. But it’s the metal parts of the cab (access doors etc) where it shines. A servicemen’s dream! Rear hatch is pure class. Also the wooden game board sits horizontal as opposed to vertical which is pretty sweet 🤙

Great to hear. That’s a keeper then. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dzhay1981 said:

The big cons with the Super Neo was, in my view, that repo CPs were impossible to source.  That's no longer the case, which is great.  Sourcing good replacement art is probably a problem though.

It’s good times have changed…but not so much where to get them I guess. Arcade Art Shop in the UK has side art for both versions. 

https://www.arcadeartshop.com/?s=Super+neo&post_type=product

image.jpeg.4dc6db9f3784c7b475d2d32441676cc1.jpeg

image.jpeg.98464295ad236fc7c7f687219daa9e0d.jpeg

9 hours ago, dzhay1981 said:

The big cons with the Super Neo was, in my view, that repo CPs were impossible to source.  That's no longer the case, which is great.  Sourcing good replacement art is probably a problem though.

I think Alberto has made nice repro panels for it now 🙂

10 hours ago, 1.21 Gigawatts said:

It’s good times have changed…but not so much where to get them I guess. Arcade Art Shop in the UK has side art for both versions. 

https://www.arcadeartshop.com/?s=Super+neo&post_type=product

image.jpeg.4dc6db9f3784c7b475d2d32441676cc1.jpeg

image.jpeg.98464295ad236fc7c7f687219daa9e0d.jpeg

I think I bought a CPO from them and it was, well, in fairness it was accurate.  But I hated the texture of that vinyl.

9 hours ago, djsheep said:

I think Alberto has made nice repro panels for it now 🙂

Old mate (who's name I've forgotten) at a-p made them first I think, and his were a little to tall - maybe a mil or two? - but still looked awesome.  In fact, they looked better than the orignal, super glossy etc.

Anyway, they're good cabs.  If I'm being honest, I think they're a little bit more simple than the sega cabs, but if someone offered me one at a good price I'd buy another.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...