Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Candy cab appreciation thread. I want candy!

All the Cave stuff on MiSTer outputs the video signal perfectly like the PCB. I’ve had all Cave cores running side by side on a MiSTercade with the original PCBs on two Astro’s with no difference in visual quality.

The CV1K stuff, if it ever happens is native to 240p also. You won’t need to do much to get it rolling in a cab, just get a Jamma to MiSTer adapter.

Sounds like arcade heaven having the real PCBs and the MiSTer to compare.

It’s OK. Thankfully I bought most of the PCBs and cabs before the pricing stupidity kicked in. No way I’m paying the same price as a used car for a PCB :/ — give me the MiSTer or a RGH Xbox 360 and UVC any day!

It’s OK. Thankfully I bought most of the PCBs and cabs before the pricing stupidity kicked in. No way I’m paying the same price as a used car for a PCB :/ — give me the MiSTer or a RGH Xbox 360 and UVC any day!

Indeed. Things went crazy but other options abound thankfully.

• 2 weeks later...

I purchased a New Astro City interstate the other day and need to try and track down the PCB mounting board and the bracket for this.

Any suggestions of a good place to try and source this?

Thanks!

Thanks, I’ve messaged Yaton and also the candy king (Leo) so hopefully can track one down :)

Did you hear back from Yaton yet? I've been trying to purchase some Sega locks from them but the site gets an error at the payment screen.

Hi you lot,

Hope it was ok to post this here with little update on the NNC rather than do a new thread in the restoration forum.

Did a little project that's been bugging me about the NNC....paint the monitor frame 😀.

Quick job mask it up (stickers, mounting points, and one small point on the underside for a grounding wire)

2.thumb.jpg.e939976aafcaab4962219d014a41a416.jpg

Lightly sanded entire frame and wax grease remove, wash down/dry and prime wash down/dry. Then 5-6 coats of the ole Dymark gloss white.

5.jpg.47d0c6b9ab741df7945eb4a72b767585.jpg

Not even sure if these frames on the NNC need to be grounded, but I put a point in there anyway just incase (there is bare metal under that nut) . The other end of this ground wire will go straight near the common ground point near the I/O of the cabinet.

Hope everyone's well.

-Tom

4.jpg.f8f28aa05b06eb7b8794d41eee7df235.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.114f1122a814bb2c20ed4775c2b423b8.jpg

1.thumb.jpg.692847b588a560d2296b717d903c87b6.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...