Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Candy cab appreciation thread. I want candy!

Decided to do some work on this Megalo 410. I bought it from a fellow aa'er via Gumtree. I bought the guts from redferatu.

Spent time painting it and prepping it for a new projector setup so it can run 4:3 aspect and 16:10 wide screen while using as much picture real estate as possible.

More work to go but a good start.

01c9a18ef70e45c0641be57d9573661c.thumb.jpg.b38c4ecf92d45ac91421976b40c2a4bc.jpg

04ea8bf0c23ce1295b30afa0b2995b98.thumb.jpg.9f9c60343de719720349cdb74abfe8c4.jpg

• Like 5

Decided to do some work on this Megalo 410. I bought it from a fellow aa'er via Gumtree. I bought the guts from redferatu.

Spent time painting it and prepping it for a new projector setup so it can run 4:3 aspect and 16:10 wide screen while using as much picture real estate as possible.

Nice one. Looking clean. Painting cabs must be a lot of work. What game/s going inside?

Nice one. Looking clean.

Cheers - It's not perfect but presentable.

Painting cabs must be a lot of work.

I don't have a spray booth, so there is a lot of trial and error. Lots of laying down paint only to find the finish ruined by temperature or humidity inconsistencies then having to strip it back and start again.

What game/s going inside?

Not sure just yet. I've been trying to track down a copy of Radiant Silvergun for it but haven't found any STV carts.

This cabinet will be JVS and Sega Model 3 capable too so will try and track down a Virtua Fighter 3 TB.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Looks like quality backyarder work there mate!

• Like 1

I made some repro artwork. When I get it and see the final print and colour match you're welcome to have it. My coin art was pretty bad, little worse than yours. I had no instruction artwork and the panel was astro, so made my own.

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't see much Exceleena love on here. I always wanted one of these but never got around to picking one up over the years... well i decided I needed one. Picked up an Exceleena with all the original wiring and nanao ms9 chassis. It's pretty much untouched inside, still has the factory namco PSU and the sound amp. It was missing the control panel, but i should have an original replacement soon. It wasn't a bargain, but it wasn't too stupidly over priced and it was exactly what I wanted. Just posting this up as i found it really difficult to find some good reference on the insides of these machines when i was trying to learn what they were like factory. This chassis had been serviced recently and it looks pretty much like new (jomac i suspect). Overall the cabinet is in really good condition without too much ciggy burn on the control panel. There's some minor burn on the monitor, but it doesn't bug me as you can't see it when playing.

I couldn't believe the factory state of the wiring and inside the cab. The degausse button even works properly. I think it's the first cab i've ever had where that worked....Got a 94 date code on the jamma connector! It's the little things I tell you. I'll give it a full strip down in the coming weeks, will probably make up a new thread for it. I think this cabinet goes perfectly with the cps2 system, so it'll be a permanent home for my darksoft cps2 multi board.

DSC_7498.thumb.jpg.39e8ad355aaf0c69a57481a31d54207a.jpg DSC_7512.thumb.jpg.8025219ef4560da70f6cb86d0bfd1e21.jpg

DSC_7503.thumb.jpg.600a34946fca662f8733d160bd91ade6.jpg

DSC_7503.thumb.jpg.ca707dc7dabaa64d21352c6492ff3b08.jpg

DSC_7506.thumb.jpg.f3cbf7bf4ef95541d7389db370f48c41.jpg

DSC_7508.thumb.jpg.0fe3436eb92663ff4e3d8d37532d71fe.jpg

DSC_7501.thumb.jpg.bab9e11af27cee81588b4736b89db882.jpg

• Like 3

• Administrators
Not the best photo, but I spent hours organising my garage last night after I extended it during our reno. It's far from its final form, but I thought I'd snap a pic of little Tokyo :)

That's a amazing line up. What games are running?

Thanks. Running a mix of original PCBs and Groovymame setups. Strikers 1945 II, Tekken Tag Tournament, vertical groovymame, horizontal groovymame, Atomiswave with Metal Slug 6, Gunbird, Neo Geo with a rotating selection of carts (currently Super Sidekicks) and a Taito Type X2 with a multi game HDD.
  • Like 1

Not the best photo, but I spent hours organising my garage last night after I extended it during our reno. It's far from its final form, but I thought I'd snap a pic of little Tokyo :)

Looking great Pat. Very impressive!

That looks so much fun. No need for a heater in there I bet. It must sound great too. I had six pins in a room at one stage but only ever had them all being played at once on one occasion and I was really happy with the noise levels. Is that an Exceleena running Raiden in tate mode? Huge screen real estate. Poor old Lindbergh is always left out of the pics because you can’t get them all in a row from that end :-)

The Exceleena is running vertical groovymame. The game on screen when the photo was taken is Mushihime Sama Futari, which is an amazing Cave SHMUP. Candy cabs are the best way to play arcade games IMO. Beautiful 29 inch screens with no glass between you and the screen.

The Lindbergh does look a little sad down the end :) In the coming months I have plans to redo the layout of the entire room. It's gonna be a big job, but I need to do it to best utilise my new space.

• Like 2

Nice lineup!! Makes me glad I don't have more space.

The Exceleena is running vertical groovymame. The game on screen when the photo was taken is Mushihime Sama Futari, which is an amazing Cave SHMUP. Candy cabs are the best way to play arcade games IMO. Beautiful 29 inch screens with no glass between you and the screen.

Not wrong!

Just scored another cave board today ESP. Ra De Stupidly sold mine around 8 years ago. Might need another egret to house it in. :lol

• Like 1

The price of Cave stuff is insane these days...

- ESP is selling for around 1k aud these days, give or take a little. + shipping.

- Someone paid around 450aud for an empty cave kit box... i shit you not... no arts, no board... just an empty cave printed box.. that was at auction.

- Good condition cave kit boxes sell for around $300-$350aud ish.

- Mushihime-sama Futari kit recently sold for around 2k aud

- Death Smiles kit sold recently around $2400aud

- Dodonpachi pcb only sold for $1800 aud

- Ketsui sold for $1450

- Dodnpachi II pcb sold for 2k aud

- Pink sweets kit sold for 3k aud!!

A lot more has sold but those are just a few in the last 2 months. I can't get over how much money people are paying for those empty kit boxes! Very pricey hobby collecting cave these days!