Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Candy cab appreciation thread. I want candy!

JTAG/RGH 360's can install homebrew which in turn allows you to install mame.

The ps4 is available for dlc via the Japan play store.

Ketsui and ESP Ra.De have been released by M2 both physical and dlc (Japan PSN) at 100 a pop for physical vs 60 on the psn

Cheers mate, appreciate the info. I need to look into all that.

Was that the $700 Naomi that was on Gummie for ages? I agree, gutting machines to put in PCs sucks, but doing it right, with GroovyMAME and a J-PAC is the best possible way to play lots of games. I have a vertical GroovyMAME setup and a horizontal one in two of my candy cabs. The rest have proper boards in them.

Yup, that's the one! So nice to read it went to a good home for restoration :D

I have messaged about about the NAC to see what the inside is like, just waiting for photos. If it is all original with proper PC set up, I may see if I can take it without the PC. Or, if I buy it with the PC, I will sell it.

EDIT: Recieved a response from Oscar, but no photos. He just said he looked inside and there was a lot of wires. Doesn't tell me much. It is looking more and more like it was a hack job. Without photos though, I have no idea about how hard it would be to fix.

Edited by Segasonic91

I received some photos of the cab's insides. There is no JAMMA harness hooked up to the power board, only power is hooked up. So looks like a re-wire would be in order. It also means I will need to be on the look out for a full NAC harness set up. The unit does have amp though, whichb s nice. My other NAC does not. I was going to buy a NVS-4000 last year, but the only wiring I could find for it was a joke!

Does anyone know if the low-pass filter works with the NAC amp?

It is REALLY hard to tell how it's been wired as I can't see any actual wires on the PC. I just hope the control harnesses are not hacked and everything is intact.

I agree about the harness, if it is just wiring the JAMMA harness and sound, it will take 5 minutes. Just need to find one, haha. At least the control panel and kick harness parts are interchangeable between the Astro and Blast. It is easy to find those parts.

Very true... you are both very correct. There is no point over spending on something like that when it will cost extra to get it back to original condition. You're right about the rough shape, too. Especially when I compare to the unit I was buying for $750 last year, it was beautiful. Only reason it is not siting with my other two right now is the arsehole transport guy the screwed me (and the seller!) around for weeks. Okay, I think I will let that one go. I thought I could make some money back by selling the PC, but I shouldn't bother. Thanks guys!

Finished my custom versus link!

The two cabs acts as a master and slave

The master has the pcb/jpac connected to it.

The harness piggy backs the signals for video, service, test, coin 1 and the 2p on the master is wired to the 1p of the slave so it's literally just plug and play.

4f3fd7e1eb6619b89a7d93e948e00fc4.jpg

The schematic changed a little from this as I didn't take into account the two grounds required for the kick harness, I thought i could use the single ground, but I forgot the kick harness is a pass through and the grounds are picked up from the cps2

1938d80c2a0077d5137d10d0a4448230.jpg

Here is the quick test and she looks good!

3284ecfbb1f992e2f26f49ce35cf5092.jpg

Video of the harness and cab in action!

• Like 5

Yeah, they always have varied pricing based on the condition of the machine. The last two non-working Astros I picked up cost me 300 a piece. Sure, that was super cheap, but no Astro is worth more than 800-1000 IMO, even in fully working condition with the cabinet in good shape. They are the most common candy cab around and don't command the premium that other candies often do.

Damn, amazing price! I do think they are over priced, for sure. I would still grab a couple of non working ones if I had the cash. It seems like they are getting impossible to find, and I live in the wrong state for it, too. I am still pissed off that I missed out on a cab last year, beautiful condition and only $700. All because the bastard transport guy let me down.

In saying that, I see you are up here Pat, that looks like an amazing collection.... :drool:

Damn, amazing price! I do think they are over priced, for sure. I would still grab a couple of non working ones if I had the cash. It seems like they are getting impossible to find, and I live in the wrong state for it, too. I am still pissed off that I missed out on a cab last year, beautiful condition and only $700. All because the bastard transport guy let me down.

In saying that, I see you are up here Pat, that looks like an amazing collection.... :drool:

Thanks, I've been lucky to pick up a bunch of well priced candy cabs over the last 5 years or so. I would have more, but I have had to pass some up due to lack of space :(

I've been trying to get pics internally of that cab for weeks.. The seller just won't reply.

To me, it looks original due to the top, not like the storm city ones.. Which is why I want internal pics.

I personally don't want it, but I figured I could let some friends know who are interested, but I still haven't heard from the seller.