Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Candy cab appreciation thread. I want candy!

Use 'report this ad' on gumtree. defamation

I have reported it, first thing I did when I saw it. I highly doubt Gumtree will do anything about it.

To be honest, it's not going to have any impact on me whatsoever. I don't buy and sell stuff often and when I do, anyone who comes to buy stuff off me knows that I sell high quality stuff that is always working as advertised.

What happens to a guy to make them so angry and bitter towards a forum? It's just insane.

And yes, the ad was updated after I said proceed with caution, which is basically the standard warning that we give to all AAer's about John. If he knows you're on this forum, he will abuse you and refuse to sell to you.

A link to a pinball he was selling was posted on Facebook pinball group and the same thing happened. People warning others to tread with caution because it's 'he who shall not be named'.

I have reported it, first thing I did when I saw it. I highly doubt Gumtree will do anything about it.

To be honest, it's not going to have any impact on me whatsoever. I don't buy and sell stuff often and when I do, anyone who comes to buy stuff off me knows that I sell high quality stuff that is always working as advertised.

What happens to a guy to make them so angry and bitter towards a forum? It's just insane.

And yes, the ad was updated after I said process with caution, which is basically the standard warning that we give to all AAer's about John. If he knows you're on this forum, he will abuse you and refuse to sell to you.

A link to a pinball he was selling was posted on Facebook pinball group and the same thing happened. People warning others to tread with caution because it's 'he who shall not be named'.

Gumtree sometimes acts. His account was suspended due to messages he sent and it was reported to Gumtree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gumtree sometimes acts. His account was suspended due to messages he sent and it was reported to Gumtree.

Unless I am missing something it looks like he has gone and got all of his ads removed.

When will he learn.

Yep, I guess my report and live chat conversation with Gumtree support about the fact that I have never owned, or never sold that cabinet worked well. I simply told them that he was using my forum name inappropriately in the report.

Surprised at how good Gumtree service was on this. Kudos to them for acting so quickly.

His first ad has reappeared on Gumtree for Gottlieb displays. Let's see if he chooses to go down the same path, as he has done many times before. If he does, I guess I'll just report it again.

Original ad that started this is back, minus the reference to me.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/forest-lake/video-games/arcade-cabinet-good-working-monitor/1194966149

Anyway, time to bring this thread back on track. Show me some candy! :)

Heads up for all the Astro City owners in case you don't already know if you are running a mame PC set up via J-PAC make sure that you always keep the cab monitor turned off until the PC is fully booted otherwise you risk monitor damage from the PC sending the wrong signal during boot.

Joey explains the issue in this thread https://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/68425-Hold-issue-on-MS8-26SE-chassis?

The J-PAC does, but Joey has said in the past that it's not perfect and because of this, the Nanao monitors can be damaged when the J-PAC is blocking the 31khz BIOS boot screens. Nanao monitors have a very specific and small sync range, which is why this specifically applies to them.

If you're using a Joey chassis and TV tube, it doesn't matter.

I thought the jpac helps prevent incompatible signals through?

I still haven't flashed my card with atom, but I thought (and probably wrong) that the jpac with the 15khz jumper set helps with the issue

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Read the thread I posted :)

Read the thread I posted :)

Yeah I did but got slightly confused because your post said to keep you he monitor off, but then I read another post on the link that mentioned its OK with a JPAC.

It doesn't really worry me, as I do wait for windows to log in.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Yeah some people say that the J-PAC will offer enough protection, but Joey says it doesn't and I trust his experience so I keep the monitor off until windows is fully booted, that is the safest way and I also turn the monitor off before shutting the PC down.

Yeah some people say that the J-PAC will offer enough protection, but Joey says it doesn't and I trust his experience so I keep the monitor off until windows is fully booted, that is the safest way and I also turn the monitor off before shutting the PC down.
Did you run a separate switch for that? Trying to work out how I'll do it, master power switch, PC switch, monitor switch

Or PC on separate power with speakers, pretty on the cab when windows makes a sound

Sent from my HTC 2PZF1 using Tapatalk

My PC's just sit outside my cabs hidden behind them so I press the on button on the PC and when it makes the windows ready sound (changed to "coin detected in pocket" from Bezerk) then I switch the power on the cab on the cab side button.

To be even more pedantic I unplug all my cabs from the power points when I have finished with them to protect them from lightning strike or power surges, no protector will stop lightning.

To be even more pedantic I unplug all my cabs from the power points when I have finished with them to protect them from lightning strike or power surges, no protector will stop lightning.

You're not alone there!

This is a Chinese Storm City, the chassis has been fixed by Jomac and after quite a bit of deguassing and tuning the monitor has come up really well. It's plays great , cheaper thin plastic , speakers need some shielding , otherwise not bad at all

I've played it quite a bit now

HiIMG_20180915_163112.thumb.jpg.ad0c0923ebdd535336d8c9d0f22e0a94.jpg

IMG_20180915_161238.thumb.jpg.52d056701a0d558616e6d8fe1f8c079b.jpg

That monitor does look very good for a Chinese clone. Wei-Ya chassis with a flat 29 inch tube?

It's funny, we all rip on Wei-Ya and do our best to avoid them, but one of the best monitors I have is the Wei-Ya 3129A in my Atomiswave. 29 inch flat tube with a spectacular image and auto syncing tri-res.

Joey told me it was one of the better Wei-Ya chassis made and also said the reason Wei-Ya gets such a bad rap is because they are so often sold as 'universal chassis' and paired to incompatible tubes. This makes them look like shit and then die in a puff of smoke.