IGNORED

Who here is messing around with Crypto's?

jason1

• 3 months later...

Ok, well Its coming upto black Friday which traditionally kicks off this stupidity for over Christmas on these, Ive decided to give it a bit of a try again, and bought $50 worth Alt coin crypto's lol. Be interesting to see how it goes this Christmas, first time I have tried cryto's since the silly season around Christmas last year, which I did pretty well on last year, but not holding my breath this year though.

fingers crossed it does ok this black Friday and Christmas. mostly for experiment sake. they are cheap now $50 is buying a fair bit of those Alt coins currently lol.

My hopes are, I can make $100 so I can take my missus out for a nice dinner. lol

My expectations are, None lol

• 2 years later...
For those who are still dabling or left some in, its on the move again, seems to be having a surge at the moment, my coins have improved by 40% in the last 3 days, hopefully with the talk of bitcoin reaching unrealistic prices the altcoins can go along for the ride :)

It's crazy. Bitcoin now at an all-time high. All of my coins shat the bed after the crash in January 2018 but now they're on the up and up. So I've only lost 50% of my initial investment now. Woohoo!
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
It's crazy. Bitcoin now at an all-time high. All of my coins shat the bed after the crash in January 2018 but now they're on the up and up. So I've only lost 50% of my initial investment now. Woohoo!

I’ve only just looked at mine the last few weeks after ignoring them for 2.5 years. Finally seeing some good returns. Of course now it’s the old take the profits and run or hold out.

I’ve only just looked at mine the last few weeks after ignoring them for 2.5 years. Finally seeing some good returns. Of course now it’s the old take the profits and run or hold out.

Yeah I watched them go nuts Friday night, my wallet doubled over night, now it has settled down slightly, still up way more than I have put in, im just going to let them go and see what happens, I totally went into these with the veiw that I waste more on playing lotto :laugh:

• Like 1

Yeah I watched them go nuts Friday night, my wallet doubled over night, now it has settled down slightly, still up way more than I have put in, im just going to let them go and see what happens, I totally went into these with the veiw that I waste more on playing lotto :laugh:

Yeah I think I’m leaning towards that way of thinking too. I’d written off my money and ignored it all until recently.

• 4 weeks later...
Wow, so aggressive. Well, I am not messing around with Crypto, but I definitely know some information about it. I mean, why do you ever need to hide something like this? If crypto would not be a thing than there would not be so much money around it. Look, bitcoin will soon be a hundred thousand dollars, that’s insane. If you are looking for some ways to make money on bitcoin but you don’t know how or you are scared of commitment, you can try this company Beurax Crypto Agency. I know for sure that you will be satisfied with what they can offer you and more than that, you will be really happy with the amount of money you will be able to gain there. Edited by Himiko
  • Like 1

Can anyone here tell me whether they have made a huge amount of money, say $100k plus and have cashed in on this stuff ?

I personally have not, bit hard when I only invested $100 in some of the weird coins, it is sitting over $500 now though and I still sell some buy some, But I do know of a guy who bought bitcoin early on, he was telling every one to buy it.

Well I should have followed his lead, I saw him last week, his new Lambo looks neat, the blonde that he had with him also looked neat :D, and from what he tells me, he gave up work a while back and just toys around in his factory unit he set up with everything, he has a few property's and is pissed off that he cant travel at the moment, as for how much he made from it, I didnt ask, but it seems like a fair bit as he used to be one of those guys who had nothing :unsure.

• Like 1

I personally have not, bit hard when I only invested $100 in some of the weird coins, it is sitting over $500 now though and I still sell some buy some, But I do know of a guy who bought bitcoin early on, he was telling every one to buy it.

Well I should have followed his lead, I saw him last week, his new Lambo looks neat, the blonde that he had with him also looked neat :D, and from what he tells me, he gave up work a while back and just toys around in his factory unit he set up with everything, he has a few property's and is pissed off that he cant travel at the moment, as for how much he made from it, I didnt ask, but it seems like a fair bit as he used to be one of those guys who had nothing :unsure.

Did you ask him how he cashed out? Did just ring a broker or go to a ATM or what? How quickly did it take for him to convert it to cash such large amounts. I only hear of small bucks but never how to collect on the decent amounts.

Did you ask him how he cashed out? Did just ring a broker or go to a ATM or what? How quickly did it take for him to convert it to cash such large amounts. I only hear of small bucks but never how to collect on the decent amounts.

I would not have a clue, I just assumed that he sold the coins in his wallet then cashed out, thats how my wallet works, I think it depends on how you store them, if you have your own digital wallet, I would say you can just sell them then transfer the amount to you bank?

He did tell me he had to pay tax on it like a earning and it was a nice chunk of change for the ATO, didnt really get into the nitty gritty of it, was more blown away that he had made enough to pretty much retire in his late 40's

Unfortunately he is not one of those friends that I talk to that often, I know him, but dont have his number in my phone, i always thought of him as a bit of a d!c#, he just seems to be a d!c# with money now :lol

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Can anyone here tell me whether they have made a huge amount of money, say $100k plus and have cashed in on this stuff ?

It's not time to cash out yet. Soon though.

As for cashing out, typically you link a traditional account to an exchange where you buy/sell. Once you've got what ever coins your interested in you're free to move them to other exchanges/people/wallets. You can do what you want with them once you own them.

When it's time to cash out, you can either swap coins for a StableCoin like USDT or USDC which is pegged pretty close 1:1 to US dollar, or you can send the coins back to your entry exchange and sell the coins there for AUD and move it back to your normal account. It's not as complicated as it may seem from the outside.

• Like 3

I started mining Ethereum the end of 2017 right when it was almost at its peak. Seemed like a good idea at the time, ended up building a few mining rigs with a mate by pretty much just watching youtube videos. Myself and my mate tipped about 12K into the rigs. Kept mining all through the bad times which started around mid 2018 and then things started to look better middle of last year. The rigs have been pulling in about 1-1.5 coin a month. When a coin was worth $180 its not so good but now they are hovering around the 2k-2.5K those coins are worthwhile. We just kept going since the money was already spent and in the hope one day prices would rise again. We were mining for the future prices not based on what the ETH price was on the day. As far as buying and selling its an easy process not much different than buying and selling shares. We have never sold any of the ETH we mined but things are looking up at the moment which can change very quickly going by what happened a few years ago and it will most likely happen again. Hoping for things to stay up for a few months yet before considering cashing in some profits.I have bought and sold crypto before through Coinspot, it is an easy process not much different than buying and selling shares. It was a big learning curve and had to work out plenty of issues along the way without really knowing what i was doing. I wouldn't do it again but I am glad we stuck with it.
  • Like 2

I’ve done ok, not 100k though. Know a few who have. One of them mows lawns for a living and bought a house on the Sunshine Coast with his profits.

• Like 1

It’s simple. You do it all yourself. Simply transfer your “coins� from your storage back to your broker/exchange and sell for $AU and transfer to your nominated account.

• 5 months later...

For those of you who have not bought any crypto yet What The Fuck are you doing ?

Take a look around you! Small countries are adopting it as currency already !!

El Salvador, Cuba, Ukraine..... are just the beginning.

Crypto WILL BE the world currency soon enough, the wealth transfer has begun from paper to digital.

While you see your FIAT money's buying power decreasing everyday with hyperinflation getting worse and worse.

Gov money printers are working Flatout !

There is INFINITY FIAT money in the world to buy only 21 Million BTC, let that sink in.

There are about 15 Quality Alt coins that will boom, don't pick a shitcoin, do your own research people.

Get in before you look back and regret it. Rant over. You're welcome.

Edited by Smithy
  • Like 1

On 02/12/2017 at 2:13 PM, Gemini2544 said:

I see crypto as a sort of Pyramid scheme. Just can't see the concept surviving.

Interesting to see posts like this from 4 years ago. 

This thread really died off for a long time around 2018. Going back to read the posts from the start I wonder how many of the original posters held onto their crypto... Lots of speculation about price of bitcoin possibly reaching $1000 etc. 

• Super Moderator

What I cant beleive or understand is NFTs,the price some people are paying is amazing.

Some of the gaming tokens have gone through the roof lately and is an interesting concept with pay to play and then earn tokens.

I play around in the crypto market and apart from some of the blue chip coins/tokens I like to research tokens that are backed with real world applications.

Buy the dip

• Like 3