Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Who here is messing around with Crypto's?

1 hour ago, Gemini2544 said:

It's not money.... a bank note is equivalent to GOLD Bullion. Crypto is Nothing but in cyber space. You can't touch it, feel it, smell it. It's just to weird to me.

I can instantly convert my crypto into real money at the click of a button. Or I can transfer it to someone in return for something of value.  I can also instantly transfer crypto to a visa card and use that to buy anything at anyplace that takes a visa card. ( If anyone is interested in this let me send you a referral code and we both get $25 through crypto.com)

So yes not what we conventionally think of as money but pretty close to it.

Ive only started playing over the last 12 months or so but quite a few 100% up on until investments. Plus I can stake so getting much better returns than any term deposit or bank interest.

• Like 3

China has all already deemed it illegal & banned it from China, It's only a matter of time other governments will do the same.

https://www.news.com.au/finance/money/investing/ethereum-bitcoin-dogecoin-price-china-crackdown-sends-cryptos-into-the-red/news-story/3c8f486765683b5d4f860219cde3beae

Edited by Gemini2544

On 05/03/2021 at 11:03 PM, pinball god said:

Can anyone here tell me whether they have made a huge amount of money, say $100k plus and have cashed in on this stuff ?

I made 10k last year noodling round (Not really following the market) with bank stocks (ASX).

IMHO Bitcoin is here to stay, It's not really tied to any actual real world value - So it's wild nature is driven by human influences.

Would I put money into it?

No.

Your going to get more stable returns from actual stock markets or things tied to real world value.

Edited by ozfalcon
  • Like 1

Here is an example of a crypto that gives you 25% ANNUAL RETURNS on investments.....

VeraWallet - Official VRA Wallet

How's those returns on your cash savings in the bank ? Lol ..... Not even close....

Wake up to the death of the dollar and the old financial system.

The crpyto rabbit hole is a wild ride that really should be explored to aid in everybody's financial freedom.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Smithy said:

Here is an example of a crypto that gives you 25% ANNUAL RETURNS on investments.....

How's those returns on your cash savings in the bank ? Lol ..... Not even close....

The crpyto rabbit hole is a wild ride that really should be explored to aid in everybody's financial freedom.

Hmmm, interesting. I purchased some VRA the other day, just didn't realise the staking rewards (bought throuhg Kucoin), will transfer to a VeraWallet now!

12 hours ago, Gemini2544 said:

China has all already deemed it illegal & banned it from China, It's only a matter of time other governments will do the same.

https://www.news.com.au/finance/money/investing/ethereum-bitcoin-dogecoin-price-china-crackdown-sends-cryptos-into-the-red/news-story/3c8f486765683b5d4f860219cde3beae

Do you think there is a link because China bans something then the world will follow? I'm just not sure there is a link.

China has banned Justin Beiber from entering, will he be illegal elsewhere? They have also banned Big Bang Theory from being shown on TV or streaming - will other countries follow and make watching this and other shows illegal?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Smithy said:

It's easy to make claims while the bubble is expanding....

But do you trust it?

Would you lay down 100k of your own money?

At what point does the bubble burst and a handful of people cash out but the majority are left with worthless coins?

• Like 1

Bitcoin (& variants) is NOT a Ponzi scam, It's something new and different.

It's only going to become more ingrained in our digital economy.

However it IS a "Number go higher" scheme.

And until it's "Value" is tied to some real world value (Human or otherwise), It's going to be as reliable as paper in the wind.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GIBO said:

Anybody have an  opinion on cold wallets??

The Ledger Nano S is a great choice, but buy from a Authorized Seller.

DO NOT buy a cold wallet from some dodgy reseller on ebay cause its cheaper, or the like, as it will be compromized.

The Trezor is a solid second choice also.

Cold wallets are 100% the safest way to store your crypto. Worth every cent !

• Like 3

On 13/09/2021 at 4:37 PM, Gemini2544 said:

It's not money.... a bank note is equivalent to GOLD Bullion. Crypto is Nothing but in cyber space. You can't touch it, feel it, smell it. It's just to weird to me.

On 13/09/2021 at 6:17 PM, Gemini2544 said:

10 hours ago, Gemini2544 said:

It has me beat, I just don't understand how something that doesn't physically exist is worth cash. All I can say is don't put all your eggs in one basket as it will in time end in tears for someone.

Dig deeper to find the TRUTH through the media lies and FUD and you will be handsomely rewarded.

OR, sit on the sidelines and say its all too hard, I don't understand.

Everybody has choices and you are free to make yours.

Go well good Sir. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Gemini2544 said:

If you go back and look through this thread you will see these kind of stories popping up all the time. I guess some people will see it as an opportunity to buy while the price is down. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 13/09/2021 at 10:21 PM, Smithy said:

VRA going for a bit of a run. Up over 100% in the last 10 daays or so

My 4 million Shib coins are up by 300%  😁

I purchased $60.04 of MTL on the 30/08/19, sold it on 30/03/21 for $741.09, Tax man got me for $70 odd, I reinvested some in unknown coins, left $250 in the kitty for future coin purchases and am currently sitting just under $2000 after a recent spike, so if it all turns to crap tomorrow, im still in front.

I have definitely gained more out of this than I do playing Lotto and will ride it to the end for a bit of fun, when I first had a dabble I didnt see myself making millions from it, as at the time I thought that ship had sailed, it was more to understand how it works and see if I could do anything with some spare change, I still dont understand it and my spare change has turned into a decent amount to play with from what was invested.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Many coins seem to be pushing higher after a bit of a pullback. Cardano (ADA) was my biggest holding, but i sold 1/3 of my holding and moved it into VRA. 25% annual return (until March next year) is simply too good to miss, plus i beleive there is a lot of upside potential with VRA - as do a few others in various circles i am contact with.

I also moved some other coins into CRO (crypto.com) a few weeks ago, which has paid off well. They have a VISA debit card which has 3% cashback on every purchase when you stake a certain amount with them. Also get 100% cashback for spotify and netfilx. Plus 12.5% return on any CRO staked in the DeFi wallet.  Crypto.com have just spent $700 million on naming rights for the Staples Centre and this is being revealed on Christmas Day, so hoping for another big jump then.

Also have been playing with NFT's, with pretty mixed results. Am down on purchase price on most now, but think some have reasonable longer term potential, particularly Mutant Cats and possibly Jungle Freaks.

Interested to hear other's expereinces, wins, learning expereinces and future thoughts in this space.

I am fairly heavily invested in XRP and have been enjoying all the airdrops, Currently have my SGB wrapped and delegated on a Bifrost wallet and earning around 40% PA on that alone.

Will be getting the Spark airdrop soon and the SOLO on Xmas eve. It's just like getting free money.

So excuse my ignorance, but where is a good place to learn the basics and seek advice from more knowledgeable people. I do understand that this varies.

Where do you all buy these from?

Store them to ?

Need an account plus probably another 100 questions LOL

1 hour ago, Crafty said:

So excuse my ignorance, but where is a good place to learn the basics and seek advice from more knowledgeable people. I do understand that this varies.

Where do you all buy these from?

Store them to ?

Need an account plus probably another 100 questions LOL

hey Chris, try Swyftx, its has a demo mode so you can try buying and sellling coins - its a wild ride but thats what makes it exciting.  Heaps of youtube tutorials - sing out if you need more info. This is a massive space - start slow. 

• Like 2

If you want to look at opening an account with crypto.com then feel free to Use my referral link https://crypto.com/app/ng7u5jngxk to sign up for Crypto.com and we both get $25 USD 🙂

Then you have some free cash to tinker with some trades. If you use crypto.com as your exchange and stake $400 of their native coin (cro) then you get access to the card that gives you a 2% cashback on purchases made on the card as well as 100% rebate on Spotify

• Like 1