Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

My leg and the last 2 months

No mate, I've got nothing compared to that......Pete wins.

- - - Updated - - -

One positive thing though Pete, wait until you see the look on the first strangers face when you tell them what happened, they will crap themselves. Alternatively you could do what a mate of mine did when he had a full knee reconstruction. He had the Robocop leg brace on for a number of weeks and when people asked him what happened he told them he was bitten by a great white shark while diving off Adelaide. We nearly lost our shit the first time he looked someone in the eye and told them that!

:lol

i dont even need to try, its called Necrotizing Faciiatus, that alone sounds scary enough

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the warning Pete. Sorry you had to go through this, that looks so painful.

I'll never complain about a tetanus shot again.

Cheers Trev

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

strangely though, most needles are painless, drawing blood hurt, and at one point they had to inject me so i could go in a scanner. that time i swore

• Administrators
i dont even need to try, its called Necrotizing Faciiatus, that alone sounds scary enough

- - - Updated - - -

strangely though, most needles are painless, drawing blood hurt, and at one point they had to inject me so i could go in a scanner. that time i swore

It was a bit odd Pete, I had the skin graft over my hand where I mutilated it and the area where they took the graft hurt more than the wound for the whole time it was healing. That was until I was careless enough to hit the healed wound on something. Strangely, when you hit an area where the is no flesh left to protect nerve ending which are now immediately under the skin, it hurts like hell! I try not to hit that part of my hand on things so much now :) MY advice, don't hit that scar too often.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

after two weeks out of hospital, I had to go in for a checkup

seems that the two remaining wound sites are not healing as fast as they should

two options; wait for nature to fix itself. will take weeks

have another skin graft, which means more surgery, another stay in hospital, but will heal quicker

:( so back for another stint in hospital

• 2 weeks later...

So, a week after my third graft, and the bandages come off for an observation

as you can see, my main scar seems to be now healing well, once they removed the staples and soaked it, the wound looked clean and definitely seems shallower

the wound on the top of my foot though seems not to be improving 😞 , but the next checkup is in two weeks, so we will see how it looks then

Spoiler

leg9.thumb.jpg.2b4a703a73c949d85486f3090ca8a14a.jpg

Edited by Pop Bumper Pete

So, a week after my third graft, and the bandages come off for an observation

as you can see, my main scar seems to be now healing well, once they removed the staples and soaked it, the wound looked clean and definitely seems shallower

the wound on the top of my foot though seems not to be improving :( , but the next checkup is in two weeks, so we will see how it looks then

Sending pinball hugs your way buddy hope you get better sooner than later

Pete is the pie shop still running or have you had to close it while your recovering?

had to close

I am just a one man show, a couple of people come in at lunch to help sell, but all the production is just me

it will take time to recover, but my leg will recover and so will my business

a positive attitude is the only way forward, while my thing was serious, there are people out there worse than me

I could have lost the leg, that would have been hard to continue being a baker

I could have died, that would have sucked

I could have received a terminal diagnosis, as a fellow patient did when I was first admitted.

had to close

I am just a one man show, a couple of people come in at lunch to help sell, but all the production is just me

it will take time to recover, but my leg will recover and so will my business

a positive attitude is the only way forward, while my thing was serious, there are people out there worse than me

I could have lost the leg, that would have been hard to continue being a baker

I could have died, that would have sucked

I could have received a terminal diagnosis, as a fellow patient did when I was first admitted.

Your a good person Pete, I'm sure it will all come out good for you when this is over. Stay positive. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...