Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Illawarra Steelers meet - 31st March 2018

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Played this at the The Big Top in George St on many an occasion Tony. Good fun game. Looking forward to the catch up.

So many lost hours in that place. Mispent youth :cool:

yeah i am really looking forward to it. the playball will be wofking but not rebuilt. have torn down the playfield and waxed and cleaned. game will be working at around 80%.

hey but dan isn't on the list ;)

- - - Updated - - -

thanks wazza, say around 6:00pm and i will have order placed thd day before. will supply a list so just a matter of ticking off some names and collecting the $

Any chilli pizza’s coming?[emoji108][emoji108]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

another game will arrive on friday, just have to figure out where to fit it in.

this is not a video of the actual game but of the game in action.

notice the game doesn't have score reels.

..and was mine around 7 years ago, sold it and went through 2 sets of collectors after that and home she comes again.

[video=youtube;xgTMt4JV2-8]

okay, just to add. many of you wouldn't of played games of this vintage.

just remember some of these games are over 50 years old. they don't have ramps, jackpots, multiball etc.

so look at what the object of the game is and play for that.

here is an example fashion show from 1962 - so she is 56 years old. think about how cool that is.

this game was imported by the @pinball warehouse was fully rebuilt and i bought a brand new backglass for her.

so what is the objective of the game? once again, think this game was built in 1962.

you need to shoot to get max. points on the top rollovers, light the pop bumpers for 10 points (rather than 1 point), get the side rollovers that score the centre disc award, shoot for the centre disc target (but can be a suicide shot).

just play these wonderful old girls for what they are and they didn't become landfill in the late 1960's.

also the 2nd photo is to show that you manually need to push the ball up to the plunger, these games were known as 'ball lifters' - it's the smaller plunger on the bottom, you need to push this forward to bring the ball up to the shooter lane

29512200_2075040409189420_5944873550120642082_n.thumb.jpg.fbd97151d85278e5d2e786c46e4a8d72.jpg

29512159_2075040462522748_6030059911675555573_n.thumb.jpg.188e6aec61bc8144bbd54edd24db340c.jpg

Illawarra Steelers meet - 31st March 2018

just remember some of these games are over 50 years old. they don't have ramps, jackpots, multiball etc.

here is an example fashion show from 1962 - so she is 56 years old. think about how cool that is.

this game was imported by the @pinball warehouse was fully rebuilt and i bought a brand new backglass for her.

so what is the objective of the game? once again, think this game was built in 1962.

you need to shoot to get max. points on the top rollovers, light the pop bumpers for 10 points (rather than 1 point), get the side rollovers that score the centre disc award, shoot for the centre disc target (but can be a suicide shot).

just play these wonderful old girls for what they are and they didn't become landfill in the late 1960's.

also the 2nd photo is to show that you manually need to push the ball up to the plunger, these games were known as 'ball lifters' - it's the smaller plunger on the bottom, you need to push this forward to bring the ball up to the shooter lane

[ATTACH=CONFIG]126204[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]126205[/ATTACH]

That is the same backglass as you gave me, that was in four pieces. Ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

is anybody able to bring 5 new balls for me to buy on the day? the sunshine woodrail that is arriving doesn't have any (it takes 5)

..or @wiredoug can you please send me an invoice to have 5 expressed posted tomorrow :unsure

not from here sorry no. ( pspa is 150k round trip for me to go get them for you.. best order them online will be fastest http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/balls/20-6500.html

[ATTACH=CONFIG]126204[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]126205[/ATTACH]

In my opinion these old girls shit all over the newer dmd and newer lcd crap that are being spat out at the moment.

There was an actual level of skill and an easy to understand objective to obtain to beat the machine to be rewarded with free games.

The new stuff have got complicated rule sets that most people don’t understand and most that I have played are drain monsters that keep the play times so short.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In my opinion these old girls shit all over the newer dmd and newer lcd crap that are being spat out at the moment.

There was an actual level of skill and an easy to understand objective to obtain to beat the machine to be rewarded with free games.

The new stuff have got complicated rule sets that most people don’t understand and most that I have played are drain monsters that keep the play times so short.

i kinda agree but totally understand people loving the newer stuff. like if we all liked the same era it would be pretty boring.

have toyed with the idea of first metallica and the iron maiden pin coming out but just can't bring myself to pull the trigger (and have run out of room again and have no em's i want to part with).

...though the target alpha is leaving just after the meet and being traded for a really nice, clean williams flash. was hoping to pull the trade off before this saturday but it won't happen in time.

I think the biggest difference is games till about the mid 80's had luck factored into there design meaning it didn't really mean how good you were, it did not guarantee a good long game.

You didn't need big, long complicated rule sets because you were never going to play any game extremely long before your luck would run out.

It is this luck factor I most enjoy about these era pieces. Later model machines I have always managed to master but over time you do get bored with smashing the machine you have played for months where the only reward you are going for is a new higher high score.

Earlier pieces are a lot more random as to whether you will actually get a game let alone be in any position to threaten a high score but with the right amount of luck and skill, that comes about probably every 500 games, your in with a chance.:)

The Gottlieb EMs and early Bally SS machines where in my opinion about the right mix of both luck and skill but still able to make games exciting for the novice and the pro alike.

Not all, some were just cruel.