Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

I Cut Two Parts Off A WPC Sound Board And It Sounds better.

Not very often I get to fix a problem by taking parts out but it worked a treat this time.

The World Cup 94 had a muffled sound about it showing all the signs expected when a speaker had the cone blown in it but all the speakers were fine so I did a bit of reading and found this...

"Scratchy Audio or mumbled speech"-

For WPC-95 WMS removed two small ceramic caps (C47 and C51) in later revisions of the A/V board to clean up the sound. This fix can also be applied to the DCS sound board.

On the DCS board C37 und C45 need to be removed. Just clip both sides of the cap. You do not need to desolder them. This cleans up the sound and speech on some games like Demo Man quite well.

I figured I had nothing to loose and clipped them so I could easierly solder them back together if need be and it fixed it.

I was just about to start replacing parts and this worked a treat.

Maybe others that aren't aware of this mod may like to try even if they aren't having sound issues.

It certainly cleans up the sound.

• Like 6

• 2 years later...
  • Administrators
Not very often I get to fix a problem by taking parts out but it worked a treat this time.

The World Cup 94 had a muffled sound about it showing all the signs expected when a speaker had the cone blown in it but all the speakers were fine so I did a bit of reading and found this...

"Scratchy Audio or mumbled speech"-

For WPC-95 WMS removed two small ceramic caps (C47 and C51) in later revisions of the A/V board to clean up the sound. This fix can also be applied to the DCS sound board.

On the DCS board C37 und C45 need to be removed. Just clip both sides of the cap. You do not need to desolder them. This cleans up the sound and speech on some games like Demo Man quite well.

I figured I had nothing to loose and clipped them so I could easierly solder them back together if need be and it fixed it.

I was just about to start replacing parts and this worked a treat.

Maybe others that aren't aware of this mod may like to try even if they aren't having sound issues.

It certainly cleans up the sound.

Old post worth bump. I've been resurrecting several of these over the last few days and this works great.

• Like 8

Doesn't anyone use the old tongue test anymore

LOL - I remember as a teen having 2 or 3 9V batteries (you know the ones that fit in smoke detectors/radios/multimeters) in my pocket for parties and having bets on how long someone could put both terminals on their tongue face to face.

Another sidetrack was betting how many SAO biscuits you could eat and swallow without a drink. Try it - I used to do 3 :D

• Like 1

LOL - I remember as a teen having 2 or 3 9V batteries (you know the ones that fit in smoke detectors/radios/multimeters) in my pocket for parties and having bets on how long someone could put both terminals on their tongue face to face.

Just yesterday I did the tongue test on my multimeter battery...:redface Well how do you test if the battery is any good when your meter you test such things with is the battery you want to test?.

Turned out to be flat by the way.

Worst shock I ever got was 110volt in the mouth. Laying on my back under an airhockey and to lazy to get up for the wire strippers I had left on the airhockey deck so stripped the wire with my teeth. Bad move human. I saw lightning inside my eye lids and couldn't taste a thing for a week. :oOne of those many times I have said to myself, "you won't do that again will you":blink:

• Like 3

Dumb things to put in your mouth, When I was 17 or 18 I smoked & had the soldering iron sharing the ashtray while I was building some circuit. While in deep thought I picked up the soldering iron and took a drag. I put a third degree burn on both lips. :o :lol:laugh: