Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Williams flippers what are the brown round things soldered on the switches?

flippahead

Question

Looks like some sort of growth? Does the flipper work as it should? If so I would leave it. If not, check the part on the other flipper switch for markings that will indicate the capacitance value of the part.

nah its the flash off the exploded bit more likely. has some peanut put a 50V cap on a 48V cct?

any decent supplier of capacitors.. its nothing special

I think is actually hard to find this particular cap in Australia, probably need to go to Great plains or Marco Specs for one.

https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=CCD-0.1uF-500V-P5

On a side note, I was only reading about this cap for the first time the other day (I don't have a Williams system 11 that uses them). Interesting that this cap fitted on a Bally SS game apparently fixes that pesky phantom pop bumper firing so many of these games have.

Their is a thread discussing this that went for 5 years on pinside, post number 218 mentions this cap as the fix...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pop-bumper-fires-with-flipper-activity/page/5

Gottlieb end of stroke switches on a Williams.

Gottlieb end of stroke switches with there 24volt caps on a Williams 50volt flipper assembly = smoke.

I'd swap the whole end of stroke switch assemblies myself.

The Williams parts are so much better.

End of stroke switches are one of those few parts Gottlieb never did do right.

I use Williams end of stroke switch assemblies on Gottlieb and Bally machines myself. There are a much better part that are cheap and have much better tungsten contacts meaning they last longer and suffer contact burning less.

Gottlieb end of stroke switches on a Williams.

psst .. the thread is about cabinet switches...

- - - Updated - - -

Link straight to the item thankyou hopefully they ship to oz

would you like it on a particular color spoon? come on i gave your the value and the code and all and you still want to be spoon fed a link? go work for it ..

psst .. the thread is about cabinet switches...

- - - Updated - - -

would you like it on a particular color spoon? come on i gave your the value and the code and all and you still want to be spoon fed a link? go work for it ..

Someone posted it I was thanking them

Sent from my Moto G (5S) using Aussie Arcade mobile app

As Doud said, it isn't anything special - just a high voltage, 0.1ufd cap.

The one fitted is a ceramic but really any type will do the same job in this application providing it fits physically.

Suggesting it be purchased from overseas in this case is a bit extreme.

I can't look up the Jaycar catalogue currently due China restrictions but anything 0.1ufd and 100V or higher should do the trick.

Thanks Michi and all the other guys.Went to Jaycar got some only 30cents each went home and removed the old one it fell apart when I touched it fitted new one all appears good. Just a little worried it might be a sign of another problem.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) using Aussie Arcade mobile app