Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

FLYING HIGH ( Airplane )

it was flying high here, in the US it was airplane

Ahh cool. Well, last time I checked we aren't in the U/S... not yet anyway. So as far as I care it is Flying High :)

It is also sauce not ketchup, colour not color, and metres not meters. Bloody seppos cant spell :lol

*Also is Aeroplane not Airplane, in Oz anyway ;) ... besides I think "Flying High" is a Much catchier title than the lame sounding "Airplane" .... perhaps it's just because it is the title I know :)

German title

Original Title: Airplane!

Original Title in German: Flugzeug!

German Title: Die unglaubliche Reise in einem verrückten Flugzeug

German Title in English: The incredible journey in a crazy airplane

Comment: Ohhhkayyy. Now that is a long title. Don’t ask how they had the idea for such a movie title. On the other hand, it quite well fits the movie.

Or Spell " The incredible journey in a crazy airplane" to lite extra ball

Only 36 shots if it is one shot per letter. Hell second extra ball award on my AC/DC is only 64 ramp shots lowest in the settings. May as well not bother with a second award I think.

Only 36 shots if it is one shot per letter. Hell second extra ball award on my AC/DC is only 64 ramp shots lowest in the settings. May as well not bother with a second award I think.

18 if you make it like Hang Man and go for unique letters ... and you can buy a vowel with the launch button (if you have collected a special bonus) :D

Scoring Displays

(must have been scoring weekend @BigTrev)

Finally put the scoring program to work.

I went for a picaxe 40x2 to do each of the 6 scoring banks.

999,999,999 per player

The chip has a 4bit word input which decides which digit is enabled

An 8bit word which decides how many increments are advanced for Playfield/Bonus X .

There is also In's and Out's to fed from the

previous to the next and replay out etc.

This allows me direct ( fast 2ms ) interaction with any/or multiple digits in any bank simultaneously...

for scoring during multiball and other such nuisance scoring issues like when a spinner is running and another switch is hit.

The scoring input pulses are also buffered in the chip most significant digit first so no information is lost.

All of the segments are driven straight from the chip via 330ohm resistance @5volts so there's no multiplexing flicker.

I have left provision for the redundant display ( player 2 while player 1 active ) to display upto 8 words ... still not convinced its required

jackpot/combo/ball/player etc looks sh** on a 7 segment display and I'd be doubling up what the lcds are displaying.

As shown in photo below with the missing first digit all chips and displays will be socketed.

IMG_20180207_020933118.thumb.jpg.497678f5e42edf1d315053ae4f0b52c9.jpg

Edited by kress

Scoring Displays

I have left provision for the redundant display ( player 2 while player 1 active ) to display upto 8 words ... still not convinced its required

jackpot/combo/ball/player etc looks sh** on a 7 segment display and I'd be doubling up what the lcds are displaying.

You could go the old favorites "BOOBLESS" SHELLOIL", " FArt" apparently there are 251 words you can spell on a calculator display !:D

I love the 4 proper displays rather than one DMD myself. More in keeping with a game designed to compete with easy to read scores set out as one per player rather than all in one display but that is just my opinion.

The best effects I think done with those type displays were both by Williams games.....

The strobing effect through a display to indicate the current player's score not only at the start of the ball but all the way through that player's ball, ( pretty sure all 7 digit games)

and

When multiball starts, each ball kicked out made the other player's displays flash 1111111, 2222222 and 3333333 first seen on FirePower.

The reason I liked the first effect was it made for a quick look to see your score, it was strobing at any time of the ball not just flashing till you scored and the second effect was more the attention it drew to the machine when multballs were earned rather than given away.

Not real sure I would go the spelling out words route myself. I actually think it doesn't look that good.

Maybe flashing a single word on the unused displays like FirePower did announcing balls being launched only the same word flashing instead of the 1111111 ,2222222 etc.

I my honest opinion some things make a bigger impact when rarely seen than overused and become the normal. A classic case of this was how Williams ended up having words continuously steaming across there alphanumerical displays used on later games and no one ever read them, certainly not the player.

Where and what pattern?

These are concerns you might not even think

about .This was the result of an hour or so of shuffling and procrastination for 11 inserts.

IMG_20180210_130249227.thumb.jpg.15c380a4e16d7f2dd49ec07084071eef.jpg

Line

1 BIG MAN / TOP DOG / BIG CHEESE / HONCHO

2 MEAT

3 10,20,30,40 (BONUS 0 - 99)

4 FISH

Edited by kress

Where and what pattern?

These are concerns you might not even think

about .This was the result of an hour or so of shuffling and procrastination for 11 inserts.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]123898[/ATTACH]

I feel your pain.[emoji6]

And then you get,

"It looks good but you should have....."[emoji38]

But it does look good.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

SWITCHES INSERTS

Spent some time wiring main program switch and lighting cicuits.

Loving this numbered to 40 and marked every 5cm cable.

FILE0362.thumb.jpg.471ca87efe40f5198cc38ccea3abb56a.jpg

FILE0361.thumb.jpg.6df076268d0cd7ffdd3696dc59f7b50b.jpg

The spinners on this game are the loop switches

The program that runs them can;

1.send out a audio pulse per spin

2. send out a 20ms pulse after 3 spins (score / loop collected )

3. auto release the switch from the program if locked on

4. provide a 2 second inhibit to the opposite spinner.

Edited by kress

The lower playfield ( THE SEQUEL )

Test only on the " ACTION POPS *tm "

It took about a minute to get used to these as 'flippers' and start making

shots

This is not the final layout , how could it be there's no Shuttle

The lower playfield ( THE SEQUEL )

Test only on the " ACTION POPS *tm "

It took about a minute to get used to these as 'flippers' and start making

shots

This is not the final layout , how could it be there's no Shuttle

I wish I'd thought of that. Great work again Mr @kress. I Really like that idea.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Edited by BIG Trev