Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

JJP #4 - Pirates of the Caribbean

Ryza

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lol come on Pete... Like deleting users from Sterns FB page? Cabinet, playfield, board issues? Mehh so POTC was announced a while ago.. Is there a rush to get it? iron Maiden took 5 years to come out btw ;)

JJP #4 - Pirates of the Caribbean

Lol come on Pete... Like deleting users from Sterns FB page? Cabinet, playfield, board issues? Mehh so POTC was announced a while ago.. Is there a rush to get it? iron Maiden took 5 years to come out btw ;)

Iron Maiden hadn’t been officially Announced just a rumor although a strong one but NOT officially announced. I’d say most that drop 12-13k on a game are in a rush to get there game-Iron Maiden announcement weeks ago the thread went crazy and most can’t wait to get it some sleepless nights I’d say lol. I just reckon Jack should announce it a few months before release that way if there is a problem like the disc it’s scrapped before the game is shown and no ones any the wiser. Agree stern has quality issues but they always fix the issues-most guys know that it may have a issue or 4 but buy anyway knowing AMD/Stern will fix plus Stern has killer themes.

Most Kids don’t buy pins only older guys with disposable income-buy a small new car for the same price lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They'll sell a motza of Toy Story to operators in the US, especially if they can make the deadline of the new movie. That may account for why the mech on POTC had to be cut, can't get it working in time, screw it, we need to make this Toy Story deadline, get POTC out the door now!

Aside: If they've got assets from the Toy Story movie, and I can't see why they wouldn't given its a cartoon (no issues around likenesses), if chuck-e-cheese steps up to the plate that is 750 machines alone @ 1 per location. They'll probably sell thousands. I know I'd buy one sight unseen for my kids - anything to get them more interested in pinball, and they love Toy Story.

On the subject of theme, what is more tired? A theme that only 45+ year olds are interested in (Iron Maiden, AC/DC, KISS, Aerosmith), or a theme that is 'only' 19 years old but appeals to kids who grew up with it who are now in their 20s, all the way down to current kids?

What share of nib sales are home collectors?

Depends on the title, and the manufacturer. Stern claims approx 30%, but I've always suspected it is more like 50% in the LE/Premium era but title dependent. So something like Iron Maiden is likely to have a much higher percentage of home buyers than say Guardians of the Galaxy which would have more of an operator bias.

JJP can't sell $13000+ (in Oz pricing) pins to operators, so its pretty obvious who their main audience is.

Iron Maiden hadn’t been officially Announced just a rumor although a strong one but NOT officially announced. I’d say most that drop 12-13k on a game are in a rush to get there game-Iron Maiden announcement weeks ago the thread went crazy and most can’t wait to get it some sleepless nights I’d say lol. I just reckon Jack should announce it a few months before release that way if there is a problem like the disc it’s scrapped before the game is shown and no ones any the wiser. Agree stern has quality issues but they always fix the issues-most guys know that it may have a issue or 4 but buy anyway knowing AMD/Stern will fix plus Stern has killer themes.

Most Kids don’t buy pins only older guys with disposable income-buy a small new car for the same price lol.

So you looking forward to Deadpool or is the wait too long :P

I Think JJP might get a bit burnt on this i am a Stern man all the way but i do like competition as it is really healthy in business. JJP need a Music Pin bad and need to do a little bit more Adult content. Why didn't the do a Stephen king IT when the movie came out or The Exorcist instead of Pirates. Redo GNR or do a Michael Jackson Thriller. So many better Themes out there. You need both in a pinball.

So you looking forward to Deadpool or is the wait too long :P

Not for me :) has that been announced?? I start the excitement process once there officially announced. Then I’m patient enough to wait 2-3 months [emoji6]

Not for me :) has that been announced?? I start the excitement process once there officially announced. Then I’m patient enough to wait 2-3 months [emoji6]

It has been announced by spreading the rumour ;) Rumour = Announcement for Stern

It must be just me. I don’t really give a fuk about all the hype surrounding all the new machines coming out.

I think after Star Wars debacle, I gave up caring.

Haven’t played a new title since

Always knew Maiden artwork would be the business and Keith’s design would be good.

But all the hype don’t work on me.

All though Toy Story would sell well and is far better than Woz as a title.

Who is the target market for Toy Story? I remember my kids used to like the movies when they were young but they've moved on. They're also not into pinball either.

It would be interesting to see some stats on new pinball sales such as age demographics etc. Surely most new pinball sales would be to 40-55 age group or thereabouts??