Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Addams F*ucked Playfield no longer

I was privileged to see this playfield in person. Jesus H christ!!!! It is incredible to see. The problem I have is with all the dead shits that whinge, bitch, complain and basically make artists like savage decide its not worth the whinging, bitching and complaining. I can't blame him for calling it quits and its a huge shame and loss for the pinball society.

BTW Scott its one of your BEST restorations.

Thought I would say the owner of this playfield was happy.

Thanks John, the time and work that goes into each one is not easy.

Not like a car you can strip back and fix the base you are working on.

Playfield restores, you have to work with what you are given, lot of issues that do occur is due to the material / wood the artwork is on.

More importantly I'm happy to help where I can, if I can.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I was privileged to see this playfield in person. Jesus H christ!!!! It is incredible to see. The problem I have is with all the dead shits that whinge, bitch, complain and basically make artists like savage decide its not worth the whinging, bitching and complaining. I can't blame him for calling it quits and its a huge shame and loss for the pinball society.

Wow are you serious? If so that's pretty sad.

Scott was nothing but a true professional when I dealt with him. No cause for any issue. Up front with costs and time frame. Communicated regular

updates. Asked permission for specific changes he suggested (which actually improved my pf) for things that modified the original art.

The resulting pf was phenomenal. I almost feel bad putting it back in a machine so much of the art work becomes hidden.

Hey Scott @Savage are you really looking at stoppping doing PF restores??

Sent from my SM-G800Y using Tapatalk

Yes an no, going though some challenging personal issues and some recesnt-ish issues regarding restores had / has me thinking on why bother if some people are going to over react, had been building up.

Wow are you serious? If so that's pretty sad.

Scott was nothing but a true professional when I dealt with him. No cause for any issue. Up front with costs and time frame. Communicated regular

updates. Asked permission for specific changes he suggested (which actually improved my pf) for things that modified the original art.

The resulting pf was phenomenal. I almost feel bad putting it back in a machine so much of the art work becomes hidden.

Thanks mate, that really nice to know

Say it isn’t so!

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

You're still in the list of work to be done.

All good

I didn't want to take away from this thread, but had a few good people contact me over all of this in the past few months

I won't go into depth, but will continue restores, prioritising on clients I've dealt with in the past, simple restores and then major ones.

But 1st priority is finishing off what I currently have, before taking on new restores (Exception is clear coats on NOS or repro's)

I think a lot if people expect better than new, which really can't be done, unless you start with new material (the wood the artwork is on) otherwise you are working on a substrate that has in most cases, absorb moisture / smoke / pollution / UV damage etc over the years.

I try and do my best on each playfield I do, each one is different than the last....

Even from new they have issues, trust me on this, I see it all them time, but it gets noticed, because no one holds a playfield up close to there face to examine it! ......

Hope this clears things up a bit...

Otherwise contact me via PM or email.

Cheers

Edited by Scotty T

I think a lot if people expect better than new, which really can't be done, unless you start with new material (the wood the artwork is on) otherwise you are working on a substrate that has in most cases, absorb moisture / smoke / pollution / UV damage etc over the years.

Cheers

This is so true. I've bought brand new PFs before and sent the photos to Scott to see which ones will be the easiest to fix.

There are always imperfections, as minor as they are, with playfields due to the method of manufacture and expecting them to be flawless is unrealistic.

Once again, thanks for your efforts and special talent Scott. You know I have more work for you, as long as you're up to it.

TS.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade