Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Warning to newbies about buying site unseen.

Arcade King

• Administrators
As much as the seller misrepresented the game and didn’t tell the whole story, the buyer has to take the blame for this.

What was the main motivation for the purchase?? buyer thought he was getting a bargain.

It was the hope that he’d get it cheap and it would just be a fuse scenario.

Greed works both ways.

Good luck with this one Trav.

Regards,

Johns-Arcade.

Spiderman was a theme he wanted, this guy had no clue what he was getting into, he was ripped pure and simple.

I agree he has to shoulder some blame for not doing his research.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was white paint at first as well from Travis picture but i think it it just tje light shining on the grey making it look white. Not defending the seller at all but was a mistake i made when first looking at the 2 sets of pics.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Boy I gotta say it looks a lot better in the ad the two sets of pics are deceiving though

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Administrators
Boy I gotta say it looks a lot better in the ad the two sets of pics are deceiving though

I'll take a pic of the front of the cab tomorrow.

I think it looks better in his photo's because the pics were taking under softer fluorescent lights, my pics were taken with natural sunlight blaring through the shed door.

Will remember the name. Has anyone ever been ripped as bad buying off here at the forums? Was thinking of interstate shipping from the trading area if I can't find what I want locally...

Sent from my E5823 using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Everything I have bought from Forum Members has been good and as described from interstate purchases, usually pretty safe buying from AA forum members

This is one of many stories most of which go untold.

There wouldn't be too many around that haven't been stung by flattering photos on an eBay listing only to find out the ugly truth once received.

Always has been buyer beware and if you don't know for sure what you are buying or can't afford a screw up then don't buy it.

You see it all the time where people think they are getting a bargain simply because they got it in an auction.

There is of course the instances where the SELLER is too inexperienced or dumb and somebody BUYS a cheap bargain.

Everything I have bought from Forum Members has been good and as described from interstate purchases, usually pretty safe buying from AA forum members

Yeah have had the same experience "most" forum members are top blokes

Pretty sure the seller and the sellers brother are both members on here, probably not active much, I can see nothings changed, still selling the same shit, still shill bidding it up, has had many usernames in the past on Ebay, also sells on Gumtree, different names, different suburbs, still the same paint on the walls, I see he has painted the checker floor black though.

I think there was someone that got a sopranos off the same seller and had problems with that also. Parts missing I think it was. May have even been a thread about it here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep and the seller is same one with the spray painted meteor few weeks ago

Old man seems to have few ebay accounts

Some you win , some you lose,

I am still restoring a piece of you know what I bought 4 years ago, funny that my son is now 4 years old too , , but the days off buying $300 projects are long gone my friends,, what I like about these stories is that is soughts out the men from the even crazier men

Fantastic. There's hope for me yet!

Couldn't think of any worse foray into a hobby than having a $5k brick.

I'll do my research though. Cheers guys.

You're pretty safe here. You can always ask for opinions from other members once you get to know a few - just not in the for sale thread! :lol

I've bought 3 pins from AA members so far, and am yet to be disappointed.

Research is key. Once you decide on a title you like, check out past sales on eBay, or Pinside for an estimate of value.

With pins, condition is everything. Especially playfields, which are usually the hardest part to repair.

Ultimately, value comes down to how much you want it, and what you'll need to spend on it once you get it. Learning to do a lot of the basics yourself is a requirement unless you have a money tree hidden somewhere....

The hunt is all part of the fun!

Mike.

Ironically I had a call from one of my mates daughters tonight regarding a 1st pin purchase for a client of hers.

Seems her clients had been in the USA for a holiday and somewhere along the line the family had got hooked on playing pins (go figure:))

After listening to the travels the family has expressed the desire to have one at home.

Daughters mate says I know some one who may be able to help you. So I guess I'm going to introduce a new member to AA sometime soon.:)

• Administrators
Have you given him a quote yet and if so has it scared him off ?

Pretty hesitant to give him a quote but I capped it at a grand.

The PSU will need rebuilding, repin connectors, then the CPU repaired, driver, sound, new line cord, and check over the transformer block and that's just to get it working, then displays, then there's coils, I can see at least one burnt out, then globes, replace bad sockets, clean, rubbers etc.

A lot of time.

• Administrators
Probably just needs a new fuse...

Why did he leave positive feedback? I can see why there was fast delivery - he wanted it gone. Could not sell it on Gumtree for obvious reasons, so switched to Ebay.

I forgot to mention that all the fuses that were in the machine were 20 amp.....

Pretty hesitant to give him a quote but I capped it at a grand.

The PSU will need rebuilding, repin connectors, then the CPU repaired, driver, sound, new line cord, and check over the transformer block and that's just to get it working, then displays, then there's coils, I can see at least one burnt out, then globes, replace bad sockets, clean, rubbers etc.

A lot of time.

All that work sounds like you will have to dip into your pocket if you have capped it at $1000

While other techs quote $1200 for a service sounds like you are doing him a big favour and then some