Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

help with removing monitor and front glass panel

safire25

Question

Hey guys, I have a dedicated point blank 3 cabinet with the vertically mounted monitor that reflects in the mirror to display the image.

I have removed the large back panel but want to remove the monitor so make it easier to adjust (pin cushion, and some convergence issues)

I can get to the bolts closest to me to remove from the frame but how is the best way to get to the back ones? I can't reach at all. Can someone help me with the best way to do this and what else I need to remove?

Also, the very front glass panel (or acrylic im not sure) has some scratches so how do I remove this to clean and polish some of the scratches out?

Thanks

Steve

6 answers to this question

Hi Steve,

Can i suggest the old saying - 'a picture is worth a thousand words'.

-Bb

Sorry, this is the cabinet and a close up view of the monitor and how its mounted

I did work out the glass but with monitor not sure the best way to remove this

21460185_1821430134835230_1897699515_o.jpg21533786_1821430304835213_1811577244_o.jpg

yes but its really hard to get to the nuts under these screws as there isn't much room. I was thinking maybe the two screws that attach the metal shelf to the side of the cab? if these undo maybe all of the metal brackets slide out? This metal bracket does have a lip on top to stop it just falling through the floor?

yes but its really hard to get to the nuts under these screws as there isn't much room. I was thinking maybe the two screws that attach the metal shelf to the side of the cab? if these undo maybe all of the metal brackets slide out? This metal bracket does have a lip on top to stop it just falling through the floor?

If you use a good impact wrench they should unscrew pretty easily without holding the nuts at all, the best way is to remove those screws and slide the whole frame out, itll be tricky and risky any other way i reckon.