Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Getting rid of cigarette smell

Ryza

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Take up smoking, you won't notice it then:lol

If you have a 25 per day habit (as I used to) and get rid of it, you can afford to buy a NIB every year with what you save by not smoking.

Something to think about…

Michi.

For 3 years on a 3 pin score I've tried boxes of baking soda , fresh ground coffee, ACTIVATED CHARCOAL , opened , closed , Ozone therapy ,tea tree, hippy sweat, vodka - everything above and more (those fabric softener things only mask it and stink in a different way) .

They still stink ,(Hankin the worst) not as bad as before but they need to be in a shed ,the house still retains that aroma after being locked up.

It's like removing dead rat that seeped into the wood grain .

Getting rid of cigarette smell

I stay away from the deodorisers, little trees etc. They are loaded with chemicals that haven't been tested for safety. They also include chemicals that block your sense of smell, that's part of their trick. Use the natural stuff like vinegar, baking soda & eucalyptus.

I had the same problem years ago, used Glen 20. Spray heaps onto an old towel and leave it inside the machine, do it over a few weeks and the smell will slowly go. Secret is it will take some time but it works a treat.

Step 1 squirt in some lighter fluid

Step 2 place next to the nearest SWLE

Step 3 light match and run.

Step 4 enjoy the warmth

Wow! Now, that is blasphemy, heresy, and high treason all at once!

I do hope you have a really good home and contents insurance, as well as disability insurance. Talk about living dangerously… ;)

Michi.

I stay away from the deodorisers, little trees etc. They are loaded with chemicals that haven't been tested for safety. They also include chemicals that block your sense of smell, that's part of their trick. Use the natural stuff like vinegar, baking soda & eucalyptus.

They don't seem to work when someone farts in the car.

I had the same problem years ago, used Glen 20. Spray heaps onto an old towel and leave it inside the machine, do it over a few weeks and the smell will slowly go. Secret is it will take some time but it works a treat.
Not sure about a machine but when I bought some parts from Greg at RTBB a few years ago the whole box smelt of cigar smoke so I sprayed Glen 20 in it and left it in the garage and after a few days all was good.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Firstly any "deodorizer" doesn't remove smell it only masks it, despite it being called a deodorizer. Cigarette smoke leaves a residue on EVERYTHING so cleaning cab, backbox, trans, coindoor is helpful but remember it's on switches, loom, under pf sockets ect, absolutely everything. Best advice l can give other than selling cheap to me 😉, full restoration buy someone like pinball perfection (blatant plug) or clean everything you can get to concentrating on any areas that are heat sources as when these areas heat the smell will be worse than when it off. Really doesn't matter what you clean it with as long as it's removing the yellowish brown tinge on everything, you'll find some things work better on different areas.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Aussie Arcade mobile app

It's probably not as bad as I am making it out. The pins aren't yellow or anything!

Just no smokers in the house so the smell is obvious to me and the wife. Kids has no reference point but would like to get rid of it.

Will be giving them a good clean this week

Not sure about a machine but when I bought some parts from Greg at RTBB a few years ago the whole box smelt of cigar smoke so I sprayed Glen 20 in it and left it in the garage and after a few days all was good.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I miss that. He's been gone way too early.

Not related to getting rid of the smell, but my brother was the passenger in a car a few years back when the driver let one rip. We'll never know if it was just a coincidence or what, but the dog on the back seat spewed. My bro says he's never wound a window down so fast in his life and spent the next few km with his head out the window.

Not related to getting rid of the smell, but my brother was the passenger in a car a few years back when the driver let one rip. We'll never know if it was just a coincidence or what, but the dog on the back seat spewed. My bro says he's never wound a window down so fast in his life and spent the next few km with his head out the window.

"The dog spewed"🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 GOLD