Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

White Water

templarsaint

Hey Guys

One of these is for sale local to me (sydney)

I haven't been to see it as yet but he is asking $ 2850

What are your thoughts on the machine itself ( I would think that depending on condition around 2k would be more the price) ?

TS

If it was mint i would pay that other wise 2K - 2.3K

yeah worth 2-2.5 if it is complete IE with topper

If it is REALLY nice then 2.5-3

Look for wear near the lost mine kick out, and up near bigfoot where the ball is pushed to the mini playfield

Also, check the front of the ramps where the green targets smash against them.

Make sure all boulders are present and look for cracking

If it was mint i would pay that other wise 2K - 2.3K

I agree, only a mint WH20 should fetch that price, unless you really want the machine in which case you pay whatever you are willing to pay. I must admit, it is a great machine to play, I considered buying one as my first pin but couldn't find any at the time in the right price range. I would still consider one as my second pin :D

Matthew

• Super Moderator
great machine but 2-2.5k pulls it up unless mint. Second what bwodie says re the playfield wear but note you can buy a $10 decal for lost mine kickout wear. check condition of ramps and boulders - ramps $800(full set) to replace and plastic boulders $250. also worth having a close look at circuit boards, chances are there are repairs, just make sure they are clean looking work, check J120/121 GI plugs for burns esp and see if its still on original BR's. I have a few spares for this machine is anyone looking for something in particular.

• Super Moderator
I need the boulder garden with or without sign

don't want to buy a whole set lol

I have a spare back mountain and circle decal for kick out area

yeah. i got a spare back mountain too, pretty sure i can help you with boulder garden spare but no sign, just need to check as i have shit everywhere, i know i have spare NOS boulder - just need to double check it is the boulder garden one, if not then i have a used one that could be fixed up. let you know for sure a bit later.

cheers

The word Mint seems to have a rather loose definition here.

I am yet to see a 1990 Pin in mint condition. I know they are out there.

My idea of MINT is clear PF new, overhauled cab with new decals, full mechanical overhaul, ALL new rubbers, Full Cap change on all boards. All new plastic ramps.metal ones chromed, ETC, ETC.

If anyone ever see's a mint WH20 for 3.5 or 4K, give me a pm and Id buy it in a heart beat, and resell mine.

2K for a shitter, add 1K for ramps and boulders. Another 1.5K for mechanical and cab rebuild, clear etc. Now you have machine that cost 4.5 K to buy and overhaul, not withstanding the 120 man hours it took to get it to MINT!

My idea of MINT is clear PF new, overhauled cab with new decals, full mechanical overhaul, ALL new rubbers, Full Cap change on all boards. All new plastic ramps.metal ones chromed, ETC, ETC.

If anyone ever see's a mint WH20 for 3.5 or 4K, give me a pm and Id buy it in a heart beat, and resell mine.

2K for a shitter, add 1K for ramps and boulders. Another 1.5K for mechanical and cab rebuild, clear etc. Now you have machine that cost 4.5 K to buy and overhaul, not withstanding the 120 man hours it took to get it to MINT!

I think that too, so who are you referring to with "here" :evil

Stuba, I would owe you big mate, would greatly appreciate that!!

• Super Moderator

lol, sounds like yours buzz, i have seen the pictures remember and it is a lovely piece of work, you are overly fixated with caps tho! :D

Oops my mistake, I agree that a "mint" condition machine is as you have described, but I still think that 2.5-3k for a WH20 would be excessive unless the machine was in very good condition i.e. little or no playfield wear, no broken plastics, no fading or scuffs on cabinet decals, topper included etc. It's just my opinion though :tomato

Matthew

Well guys - inspected the machine this evening.

Whilst a novice at this stuff had to say I was pleasantly surprised at how good condition the machine is in ( I have been to a few auctions and a wholesaler in Sydney and most of these machines were in quite poor condition compared to this one)

Playfield has very little wear - all ramps are intact - machine has header in good condition.

All lights work - flippers strong and working

Display is good - I'm no expert on electronics but components under playfield and behind translite are clean with no visible burns

Went through suggestions provided by you guys and the only thing I can see wrong is that the 2 mountains at the middle right of the playfield are cracked and whilst this does not affect gameplay it does detract from the overall look of the machine.

The seller has had the machine for 7 years and is selling it because it does not get a great deal of use anymore and he could use the space in his bar area. He advised that the machine has been regularly serviced.

I will be making an offer on the machine tommorrow

Any other thoughts before I take the big leap ( 1st machine as you would have no doubt guessed)

TS

• Super Moderator
Well guys - inspected the machine this evening.

Whilst a novice at this stuff had to say I was pleasantly surprised at how good condition the machine is in ( I have been to a few auctions and a wholesaler in Sydney and most of these machines were in quite poor condition compared to this one)

Playfield has very little wear - all ramps are intact - machine has header in good condition.

All lights work - flippers strong and working

Display is good - I'm no expert on electronics but components under playfield and behind translite are clean with no visible burns

Went through suggestions provided by you guys and the only thing I can see wrong is that the 2 mountains at the middle right of the playfield are cracked and whilst this does not affect gameplay it does detract from the overall look of the machine.

The seller has had the machine for 7 years and is selling it because it does not get a great deal of use anymore and he could use the space in his bar area. He advised that the machine has been regularly serviced.

I will be making an offer on the machine tommorrow

Any other thoughts before I take the big leap ( 1st machine as you would have no doubt guessed)

TS

cracked mountains are not a big deal (easy fix if your patient) but use them to pull the price down, sounds like a good machine, 2200.

One of the most played machines in my collection. Havent heard much negative feedback on wH2o either. Not many come up for sale on ebay either, possibly a sign that its a keeper, mine definately is.

Anyone got a spare topper:cry

For a Wh20, in the condition you described, I personally would pay up to $2500, that is with topper.

When the machine boots it will tell you what software revision status it is. If it doesn't have L5 or LH5 or later then the owner has never taken a keen interest in the machine, in which case it won't be regularly serviced.

Take a look at the type of batteries on the CPU board. If the batteries are not Duracell or Energizer, then once again the owner is a tight arse and any repairs he has carried out will be rough.

WH20 is by far the best playing Williams 1990's pin for the money.

WH20 makes it into the top 10 every year on Treasure Coves top 50 pinball list, and yet it sells for the same price as much lesser machines.

Enjoy

When the machine boots it will tell you what software revision status it is. If it doesn't have L5 or LH5 or later then the owner has never taken a keen interest in the machine, in which case it won't be regularly serviced.

Take a look at the type of batteries on the CPU board. If the batteries are not Duracell or Energizer, then once again the owner is a tight arse and any repairs he has carried out will be rough.

Very very well noted!

:041:

I love playing WH2O on pinmame...and that is saying something. Are there any in Brisbane or surrounding areas in pubs/cinemas/arcades? I'd love to have a dig, as I could see that being my next pinny purchase.