Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Thomas the tank engine. TTTE.

Not patience one of these.��

Very slick! What's the story with the second lens for the leftmost chip? Is that integrated into the main lens or is it a separate one that you placed onto the chip? Neat idea for getting the magnification up, at any rate. I hadn't seen that one before.

BTW, I suspect that, even with one of these, it still takes patience ;)

Michi.

Very slick! What's the story with the second lens for the leftmost chip? Is that integrated into the main lens or is it a separate one that you placed onto the chip? Neat idea for getting the magnification up, at any rate. I hadn't seen that one before.

Michi.

I got it from Prowler he had a few. Yes it's integrated in the main lens with LED lighting.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I've been looking online to find a way of driving the 6 x 1.8" seven segment displays (KYX-18102AS) and I think I've found a simple solution. I've only got 6 digits so I can use a 74LS06 inverter.

I'm also not using the MAX7219 the segment and digit pins will go directly to the Arduino and I'll be using the sevseg library. I know it's more pins but it'll simplify the code and I have plenty of pins available.

0eaee04ee0af34e64d950fd7d046f1d5.jpg

I decided to clean up my work bench today. I thought it was a bit stupid trying to find a couple of square inches to work on when the bench is 6m long.😆

I've also been sorting parts for powdercoating and zinc plating.

First lot of bog sanded, second lot applied and the back of the cabinet has had the vinyl removed. I think it'll need a little more filling as the putty went off before I could do all the marks.

Cheers Trev 264138763d5b9ce4e873fe09844fb0af.jpg

I tried the playfield in the cabinet this morning. I temporarily nailed some blocks inside the cab to rest it on and noticed a problem with the flipper buttons fouling on the ends of the track? I'm still waiting on some short pieces of track so I can assemble the final track layout so I can judge the available space when they arrive. I'm going to need some artwork to put on those inner edges @stuzza😉

The only other progress today was with the lockdown bar I was given. It had weld marks on the upper surface so I sanded them off with my linisher. I have a multitool fitted to a bench grinder with a wire brush on the other side. It's very handy for cleaning rust from items. I need to do it again with a finer belt but it's getting powdercoated so it won't need to be polished.

We're off to Tamworth for a ride on the 5" gauge railway now. I might get a bit of time for some sanding when we get back.

Cheers Trev 877bea3986bd994a187dbf4623116c58.jpg882ebbfd87be5d8ad5ae1406102ed2d1.jpg2ade03d7a201b15c9eb32d90058a3585.jpg

Is there a reason for the top and bottom gap in the track? Wouldn't bringing them together buy you the space for the flipper buttons?

Have fun on the miniature train and remember to post pics

Hi Mike,

I'm waiting on a couple of 3.5cm short tracks to arrive in the mail to fill these gaps. When they're fitted the track should be the full width of the playfield. My worry is without them too much of the playfield will be covered by tracks.

Yeah it would buy me a bit more space if I left them out or I could put the sidings at the top? I've been playing with a couple of rollover microswitches too for the flippers .

Time will tell. I'll have another look this afternoon.

Cheers Trev

Edited by BIG Trev

My concerns are Trev, that if the Blue and Green engine go at once are we going to have an Addams Family Collision? On the other hand , that actually would be fun :D Keep up the good work ! Toot Toot...

That's Thomas the number one blue engine and Percy the number six green engine as I get told about 20 times a day.😁

Only one train will be mobile, Percy was going to be mounted just clear of the track so the wheels can turn while he's stationary.

I'm starting to think that the sidings will be better at the top for this too.

I still have to figure out how to mount the track. One idea was to get a large sheet of 3mm lexan cut to the shape of the track and support it on extended posts on the playfield. I could incorporate the playfield plastics in this too?

Plenty to think about.

Cheers Trev

Is there a reason for the top and bottom gap in the track? Wouldn't bringing them together buy you the space for the flipper buttons?

Have fun on the miniature train and remember to post pics

Here you go. I only get on the full size ones.😉9cc02cb5e7e644e2c41e9210222051f5.jpg

That's Thomas the number one blue engine and Percy the number six green engine as I get told about 20 times a day.😁

Only one train will be mobile, Percy was going to be mounted just clear of the track so the wheels can turn while he's stationary.

I'm starting to think that the sidings will be better at the top for this too.

I still have to figure out how to mount the track. One idea was to get a large sheet of 3mm lexan cut to the shape of the track and support it on extended posts on the playfield. I could incorporate the playfield plastics in this too?

Plenty to think about.

Cheers Trev

If I ever need a question answered about Thomas the tank I'll ask you lol

Sent from my T-Hub2 using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Sidings and sheds at the top of the playfield I'm thinking.

I dont know if I'll have enough depth for sheds maybe tunnels or a shed facade in the back vertical panel? This just keeps changing?

Hmmm tunnels?

I may need more track.😁

I am quite familiar with Thomas The Tank Engine and his mates in this house.

So much so my tortoises are named after the engines.

It isn't just anyone I will wake the boys up in the middle of their hibernation, ( they have been asleep for the last 6 weeks and will go back to sleep for another 6 weeks at least after becoming movie stars).

This current group of "engines" I have are Gorden, the biggest one, Henry, the middle one and Percy, the small guy. In the past I have had Peter Sam and Thomas but they walked.

These guys I've had for over 7 years and Percy, the smallest one was about the size of a 50cent piece when I found him.

I thought you boy might like to see my "engines".

This was just after I "woke them up"..Cigarette lighter is for size reference.

DSCN1311[1].jpg

After 10 minutes they started to wake up...

DSCN1312[1].jpg

Henry come out for a better picture...

DSCN1313[1].jpg

I dont know if I'll have enough depth for sheds maybe tunnels or a shed facade in the back vertical panel? This just keeps changing?

Hmmm tunnels?

I may need more track.😁

No not enough room for either.[emoji22]

It'll probably end up with decals both sides and on the back. I'm trying to keep the glass as close as possible to the locos to help prevent derailment so I don't really want to lower the playfield anymore.

Today I took the zinc plated parts to the electroplaters and the rest to the powdercoaters. I settled on a medium to dark blue for the rails, lockdown bar, coin door, bottom translite channel, legs, the backbox hinges and all the coach bolts.

I also paid a visit to our local glass place and ordered a sheet of 3mm perspex to mount the track on. They cut it to the size of the playfield for me on the spot which was great. The plating and powdercoating will be ready in a week.

The next stop was Bunnings for some 20 x 12mm pine to lift height of the wooden rails around the playfield and a few screws and wingnuts to hold the topper on.

I managed to get a few bits of the wood cut when I got home. This will support the outer edge of the perspex.

The track inspector was hard at work too as you can see.

Cheers Trev 8caae287a81936ac76b0796621d42f88.jpge3c908efbf47eb4b5b68fbb0802cde6f.jpg95dba6f9cf3986061e016d6ff9e92a84.jpg

And here they are. Absolutely stunning. All the dimensions are spot on, the score display is a perfect fit as is the translite and topper. The game over, ball numbers and the cloud look great when lit from behind. 😁😁😁

1628ae971db0b81bb259af3393dd93c0.jpg46406225fde5d164e2378350149a45ee.jpg45d5904849b595b849257ccc0e84e680.jpg

I can't tell you how worried I was that the display wouldn't fit.

Phewww.😊

Edited by BIG Trev