IGNORED

Thomas the tank engine. TTTE.

Have you seen him at Pinfest the last 2 years. He carried a stool around to every machine and pretty much played them all, he turned 3 in March, he's more than ready😉.

I've lost count of the number of times I've had to put that bloody track back together today.😁

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Edited by BIG Trev

Have you seen him at Pinfest the last 2 years.

I've never been to Pinfest. Will have to do something about that!

He carried a stool around to every machine and pretty much played them all, he turned 3 in Match, he's more than ready.

Right, just as I said: "Because your son is ready to play pinball…" :D

I've lost count of the number of times I've had to put that bloody track back together today.

Yes, I feel so sorry for you. Having to spend all this quality time with your son and a toy train set. Just terrible! ;)

Treasure every last moment of this, and never, ever, think "there will be time for that next week." Because he'll be an adult before you know it!

Michi.

I love every minute with him but I also enjoy the two days a week he goes to daycare.😁 I call them freedom days and they're usually spent in the shed.😉 That photo was the result of a proud Dad monent.

Anyway. I've been trying to get another test breadboard working as I didn't get out to the shed on the weekend to load my code into the playfield and wire up the 5v supply. I'll try and do a bit more on the test breadboard tomorrow.

Hey Trev, when the circuit controller is finished, you should call it "TFCB (the fat controller board)". [emoji23] Great work your doing!

As good as done.😁

Cheers Trev

That photo was the result of a proud Dad monent.

Just a side note here. Make sure you have pictures taken of you as well.

Several years ago I had to bury a very good mate and his family had no pictures of him at all as he was always the one taking the family pictures.

Lucky I had some I had taken when him and I used to go camping yearly and it was those pictures used at his funeral. Because we were both into taking pictures we had pictures of each other.

As I get older and feel my health is waining, I often ask the my other family members to take pictures of me now and while I get silly looks seeing it is so out of the ordinary, I deep down now exactly what and why I am doing it.

Just a side note here. Make sure you have pictures taken of you as well.

Yep!

On a less morbid note though, I do expect that @BIG Trev isn't going to keel over until after he's at least finished TTTE and the AA pin! ;)

Michi.

The 1.8" seven segment led displays turned up today. I was going to have a 7 digit display but they're a bit wider than I thought so I'm going with 6. This board will also hold driver transistors and associated resistors.

I'll have to change the aperture size on the translite artwork before I can get it made but that shouldn't take too long. The display was photographed on an A4 sheet of paper with a C cell battery for reference, it's a nice big display measuring 56mm tall and 226mm long.

The topper has been ordered from @MamePatrol, it will be printed on white bubble free vinyl with a gloss laminate and will be fitted to 4.5mm thick perspex which is laser cut to shape.

Cheers Trev 8613a9846d0cacd2cf1887f40a3e9c60.jpg

I've never been to Pinfest. Will have to do something about that!

Right, just as I said: "Because your son is ready to play pinball…" :D

Yes, I feel so sorry for you. Having to spend all this quality time with your son and a toy train set. Just terrible! ;)

Treasure every last moment of this, and never, ever, think "there will be time for that next week." Because he'll be an adult before you know it!

Michi.

Come this year I am :-)

Sent from my T-Hub2 using Aussie Arcade mobile app

The reason behind this pinball machine.[emoji4] 0abd452e7c8390ac20b0764292db123a.jpg

Right there with you Trev. If my son ever sees this I'll never hear the end of it

e86f8937144d1eed6c567823837b1810.jpg

Right there with you Trev. If my son ever sees this I'll never hear the end of it

e86f8937144d1eed6c567823837b1810.jpg

Awesome.

This is what I'm up against.😉

I've been working on the Fat Controller board today. This handles the switch pull down resistors and debounce circuit, 4 x timers for the pop bumper and slingshot "on time" and the serial to parallel converter for the sound board. The sound board will be mounted on the right.

Cheers Trev

122de98ace9af395fbcbc0b768aa75ca.jpg

I used to get the rub down transfers like letraset from Tandy and ferric chloride for etching when I made boards. I didn't have the gear to do it this time and the Vero board was handy.

Cheers Trev

Edited by BIG Trev

Recording sound files using a portable dvd player and audacity on the pc.

0856f3ea2be45e225846c2ac73692858.jpg

Update:

30 sound files later and I've got a headache. 😁

I recorded 6 eight minute episodes and copied the bits I thought might be useful, pasted them into a new file, trimmed them and saved them as wav files. I now need to rename them so the board can identify them and copy them on to an SD card.

Cheers Trev

Edited by BIG Trev

Time to get out the acid I say. Nothing like home made PC boards.

http://i1038.photobucket.com/albums/a461/autosteve/Aussie%20Arcade/DSCN0107.jpg

http://i1038.photobucket.com/albums/a461/autosteve/Aussie%20Arcade/DSCN0110.jpg

http://i1038.photobucket.com/albums/a461/autosteve/Aussie%20Arcade/DSCN0115.jpg

I don't get any pictures with these images. :(

I don't get any pictures with these images. :(

Photobucket have just screwed over all their users and are asking people for a $400 (US$) ransom if they want to allow 3rd party hosting. I think they are going to fold up and are in a last ditch effort to grab money from anyone stupid enough to fall for their scam.

Photobucket have just screwed over all their users and are asking people for a $400 (US$) ransom if they want to allow 3rd party hosting. I think they are going to fold up and are in a last ditch effort to grab money from anyone stupid enough to fall for their scam.

@stuzza should I download all of my photos on Photobucket to my PC so I don't lose them?

Cheers,

Matthew